KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!

UomoCapra

Just now, MR L A said:

I must have missed that :)

23 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

While there may still be occasional minor updates to address bug fixes as needed, Squad’s efforts will now shift towards joining Intercept Games in the development of Kerbal Space Program 2.

here ya go!

Well, we never did get clouds, but the rest of these features are some of the few things I’d really consider needed to make KSP complete. You’ve done a good job, you’ve made a fantastic game even better, and I’ll eagerly await what’s next with KSP2.

Poodmund is right though. Now that you guys are done developing KSP give the modders their proper turn! 

It sounds like that the original goal of KSP is being met. I'm glad all efforts are going into the sequel. That might mean we may see a release of KSP 2 sooner than expected maybe?

Just now, RyanRising said:

Well, we never did get clouds, but the rest of these features are some of the few things I’d really consider needed to make KSP complete. You’ve done a good job, you’ve made a fantastic game even better, and I’ll eagerly await what’s next with KSP2.

That is the sad thing no clouds

3 minutes ago, MR L A said:

I actually feel bizarrely gutted by this...

It's a bit like a pet just died but not quite that sad lol.

I think knowing that its the final update is... well, until now, everything I've wanted in the game has been "maybe in the next update".

I just hope the part retextures get finished so the stock game is a little more consistent. An update focusing on space station/base usefulness would have been kinda cool too. Or even just one more DLC.

Thank you for the years and years and YEARS of updates, and for me, many many thousands of hours of fun :)  

Honestly, kinda like that, it's like when you move somewhere lol.

2 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

The game is not 'dying' just because it's releasing its last update. Modding and the community in general will most likely continue long after the release of KSP2.

Think of it not as the ending of a game, but as the beginning of a franchise.

Hot take: The reason KSP has been able to last so long is because of mods.

And I wouldn't say "franchise." Wouldn't want to give KSP the "Triple-A" curse.

Please tell me you're releasing a final batch of engines for the game...I'd love to see new engines added for stock. Something new to explode spacecraft with.

man i feel bad about not playing ksp now...hopefully this update comes with a bunch of performance improvements so i don't feel as if i can't just fire up and play. I'll definitely try doing something new for this update, just you wait!

It has been a great 10 years. hopefully ksp 2 will live up to and go beyond the standards of this masterpiece! Also a suggestion for 1.12 maybe add an aim camera function in the editors. :)

Edited by MrSpudz

Since I began my journey in KSP two years ago, it has changed my life.

Not only am I a total space nerd now, but in a couple years or so I will be going to college to pursue Mechanical Engineering in an attempt to work for NASA or one of their contractors, or another private space company.

Thank you Squad for changing my hobbies, my  life, and my dreams. While I will miss KSP 1, this is for the best, especially given how packed the game is already, and how you can now help KSP 2's development.

Thanks again Squad. Here's to the next chapter. :) 

Just now, Vovical said:

Since I began my journey in KSP two years ago, it has changed my life.

Not only am I a total space nerd now, but in a couple years or so I will be going to college to pursue Mechanical Engineering in an attempt to work for NASA or one of their contractors, or another private space company.

Thank you Squad for changing my hobbies, my  life, and my dreams. While I will miss KSP 1, this is for the best, especially given how packed the game is already, and how you can now help KSP 2's development.

Thanks again Squad. Here's to the next chapter. :) 

Thank you for sharing your story, good luck in pursuing your dreams!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.