Question: Launching/Building Colonies

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i have a pretty burning question about colonies in ksp2. From the trailer and many other posts about what ksp2 will be like, it seems like they are pretty hard to launch and/or build. I imagine the will have to be built on site using ISRU (kinda like to eva construction mode, KIS or extraplanetry launchpads conbined?) because stuff like this seems unable to be launched and landed with anything less than 1000 parts, which in this case my potato pc will self combust. 

Does anyone know how exactly colonies can be built and assembled? (hopefully this will not be related to me not reading dev diaries/other ksp2 stuff close enough )

7 minutes ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

it seems like they are pretty hard to launch and/or build.

You build them on sight

7 minutes ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

which in this case my potato pc will self combust.

KSP 2 will be much more optimised than KSP 1, which has been known for a very long time.

8 minutes ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

(hopefully this will not be related to me not reading dev diaries/other ksp2 stuff close enough )

Well it will be lol.

@Space Kerbalisation Tech  We don't know a whole lot yet, but it sounds like colonization will begin by manually landing a few starter modules and as you grow you'll be able to phase in modules built on site from ISRU.  These can be organized through a "Building Assembly Editor" that allows you to stack and assemble colonies similar to the way we build rockets in the VAB

https://www.pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-2-dev-reveals-how-baby-kerbals-are-made/

Edited by Pthigrivi

2 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i have a pretty burning question about colonies in ksp2. From the trailer and many other posts about what ksp2 will be like, it seems like they are pretty hard to launch and/or build. I imagine the will have to be built on site using ISRU (kinda like to eva construction mode, KIS or extraplanetry launchpads conbined?) because stuff like this seems unable to be launched and landed with anything less than 1000 parts, which in this case my potato pc will self combust. 

Does anyone know how exactly colonies can be built and assembled? (hopefully this will not be related to me not reading dev diaries/other ksp2 stuff close enough )

From what we have heard you will start by launching and landing smaller base buildings 

eventually you will get the BAE

which allows you to build bases on site

43 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

Well, you can't exactly build them without seeing them now, can ya?

Community challenge

Build a base with your screen turned off and then see the abomination you've created.