The Butterfly effect

Maria Sirona

A tremendous amount of force was suddenly released in an random direction and an unlucky Duna was hit retrograde.

Now it's on an collision course with kerbin. Will the kerbals be able to save the planet? 

Knowing this,  Jeb decided to head home to the Ksc,but due to the lack of delta v,he is slower than duna

When he finally arrived at Kerbin,he opened his window and saw... 

Edited by Space Kerbalisation Tech
typo (i am really bad at typing)

Apart from getting KSP_linux0191 on track, I don't see where I didn't continue on from a previous post but ok.

The first giant cargo rockets that were built in Kerbin orbit finally arrive at Laythe to help the small camp start to establish a more permanent colony. Admiral Val is in charge and coordinates the shuttles that are ferrying goods from orbit. How will things progress?

• 2 weeks later...

But then, decades later, something interesting was happening. As the bases on Laythe- kerbalkind's second home by this point- grew, so did kerbalkind's focus less on the Kerbol System and more on what is outside. They sent several probes in pretty much every direction. Those probes found many interesting things- but today was a special day. It was the launch of the KSS Dream Come True, the first ever crewed kerbal vehicle into interstellar space. She was also the first ever vehicle that could travel at the speed of light- which meant that other star systems were only years, not decades away. Years still sound like a lot, but voyages between the inner and the outer Kerbol System still lasted years as well, so it was not such a big deal. The Dream Come True's mission was to explore four different star systems with their planets and then return back home. The voyage was intended to last 15 years.

On year 123, day 45, the KSS Dream Come True left on her voyage towards the stars. As there is no system that is capabme of interstellar communication, there is no communication with the Dream Come True. At this time, she should be arriving at her first destination. We wonder what shenaningans her intrepid crew is up to...

Edited by Maria Sirona
Clarified that i want stuff to happen at the system

yes. 100000000 random ants crawl out and try to sabotauge the mission.THE KSS DCT's engines fire unexpectly fire and the DCT is now on a collision course for a potential habitable planet in a star system far, far away. All comms, guidence and ship systems are lost when the ants ate the wires. With the upcomming impact at near lightspeed, what can they do?

Edited by Space Kerbalisation Tech
spelling

Thankfully, the at just the right time the crew of the Dream Come True wakes up because the hyoersleep system has no power! They quickly realize what is going on, throw the ants outta the airlock, and fix the spacecraft. (There's dozens of kilometers of wire in antproof containers!) With the engines still on, the spacecraft brakes. As they are just about the enter the planet's atmosphere, all crewmembers enter the ship's landers and use them as escape pods to land on the planet. The crew has survived, but they have nothing to return home with. They do however have a few spacecraft capable of going to orbit and even neighboring planets. What will they do?

Wait no there's no lottery tickets on the planet and where this is going is honestly just sooo lame.

Restart from this point!

4 hours ago, Maria Sirona said:

Thankfully, the at just the right time the crew of the Dream Come True wakes up because the hyoersleep system has no power! They quickly realize what is going on, throw the ants outta the airlock, and fix the spacecraft. (There's dozens of kilometers of wire in antproof containers!) With the engines still on, the spacecraft brakes. As they are just about the enter the planet's atmosphere, all crewmembers enter the ship's landers and use them as escape pods to land on the planet. The crew has survived, but they have nothing to return home with. They do however have a few spacecraft capable of going to orbit and even neighboring planets. What will they do?

A good laugh is good for you.

Said the Captain of the Dream Come True. I mean after what we just went through you would think we were just the plaything of the Gods, who turn our fate on a whim. We have lost our mothership but we are still surviving. We have the makings of a settlement and already I have survey teams looking for deposits that we can mine for fuel resources. The atmosphere on this planet is breathable and the organic matter can be run through the synthesizer to produce edible food and snacks. Yep, if we buckle down and do our best I think we will be ok. I wonder what the years will bring? In the meantime as soon as we have the printing presses going and establish a corner store, I'm getting myself a lottery ticket. I mean with our luck we are sure to win. :)

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2021 at 2:54 PM, Maria Sirona said:

3. If someone breaks the previous rule by writing something completely irrelevant to the previous comment, how we shall deal with it is to completely disregard the comment that violates the rule and every comment after it and reply to the one before it as if the comment that violated the rule and every comment after it did not exist.

I see an issue here. If post 1 is correct, but post 2 is irrelevant, whoever makes post 3 will ignore post 2, as it's irrelevant, but whoever makes post 4 will ignore both posts 2 and 3, as he/she ignores the irrelevant post, and all the posts after it, and so on.

In response to the previous post:

This causes the Kraken on Bop to awaken.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.