[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Precursors V1.7.1-- ODYSSEY UPDATE -- NOW ON GITHUB!

wpetula

4 hours ago, Tohi_CZ said:

I've walked on some weird bug which makes me unable to see some moons surface when im close to them, and when i land on them only part of theyre surface shows in black and white. But it happens only with moons without atmosphere, Icebound didnt show but Silence and Abyss worked. Did anybody notice same bug? It has been bothering me a lot.

A lot of people have mentioned this bug. My current theory is that the problem is with Kopernicus (as a troubleshoot, I would download release 143 and try running Precursors with it). This week is really busy for me, but I'll try to fix the problem as fast as possible.

15 hours ago, wpetula said:

A lot of people have mentioned this bug. My current theory is that the problem is with Kopernicus (as a troubleshoot, I would download release 143 and try running Precursors with it). This week is really busy for me, but I'll try to fix the problem as fast as possible.

Thank you, i have been really enjoing this mod lately so i don't want miss any lore or anything on the moons.

17 hours ago, ilikejeb said:

Okay i read the txt so im going to contact you here as frontier's atmosphere isnt white 

(also any idea why my kerbal just... poofed and died for no reason on echo?)

Make sure that Scatterer and Precursors are both on the latest versions. If that doesn't fix the issue, delete or remove the stock Kerbin Scatterer folder from your files.

As for Echo, my guess is as good as yours.

11 hours ago, wpetula said:

Make sure that Scatterer and Precursors are both on the latest versions. If that doesn't fix the issue, delete or remove the stock Kerbin Scatterer folder from your files.

As for Echo, my guess is as good as yours.

wait sorry for asking but where even is that stock folder?

Sorry if this has been answered before but is this pack stock scaled (1/10) or JNSQ scaled (1/4)?

EDIT: Wait, does the question even apply to completely new planet packs in the first place?

Edited by Awesomesauce1337
second question

7 minutes ago, Awesomesauce1337 said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but is this pack stock scaled (1/10) or JNSQ scaled (1/4)?

EDIT: Wait, does the question even apply to completely new planet packs in the first place?

Stock.

11 hours ago, Awesomesauce1337 said:

Some packs are built for JNSQ scale, some are built for stock scale, some are built for real scale (RSS, for example). It depends on the pack.

• 3 weeks later...

The Spring Patch is out now!

This patch attempts to fix the invisible Scar surface issue. Unfortunately, my efforts might not amount to much, since I can't figure out how to recreate the problem on my system.

Changelog

-Attempted fix for Scar

-Fixed incorrect biomes on Abyss

-Changed stock Abyss' ocean and atmosphere colors

-Added new loading screens and removed the banding from the old ones

-Minor config tweaks to a few celestial bodies

-Updated Precursors' license to reflect the release of KSP 2

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy, is Precursors gonna have a 2.5 rescale option in the near future? I wanna personally up the challenge
I tried using a config from ''Rescale!'' to see what would happen but alas, after a couple of years the hurricane cloud layers on Echo were completely separated from each other

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, urturino said:

Hi, i'm trying with planet pack, but i seem to have some problem reaching orbit. Someone can confirm me that this numbers are correct?

https://imgur.com/a/ZOcMUbe

Looks about right to me from what I remember. Frontier is a bit heavier than Kerbin, but its atmosphere is shorter, so your ascent trajectories should be more horizontal than usual to make up for that. It should actually be easier to get into orbit, if you fly right.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Starcatcher2009 - Modder said:

Are you intending to do this mod on KSP2 some time later on?

If KSP 2 eventually becomes more playable, update-stable, and supportive of planet modding, then yes. Meanwhile, nobody is permitted to recreate Precursors in KSP 2 without my permission.

Edited by wpetula

10 hours ago, wpetula said:

If KSP 2 eventually becomes more playable, update-stable, and supportive of planet modding, then yes. Meanwhile, nobody is permitted to recreate Precursors in KSP 2 without my permission.

Also, have you considered making Precursors a separate star system from Kerbol? Like something achievable using interstellar travel

9 hours ago, Starcatcher2009 - Modder said:

making Precursors a separate star system from Kerbol? Like something achievable using interstellar travel

I have considered this and once spent an entire month preparing an interstellar update for Precursors; however, the update had numerous game-breaking problems that I could not solve or find help for, so I gave up. I still have the failed update stored on my computer. If someone would like to make an interstellar patch for Precursors, they're welcome to, since I don't think I will get around to making it myself.

Fun fact: the failed update would have implemented a secret planet named Odyssey, which would have had glowing rocks on its surface and would have only been accessible via a secret wormhole. 

Edited by wpetula

22 hours ago, wpetula said:

I have considered this and once spent an entire month preparing an interstellar update for Precursors; however, the update had numerous game-breaking problems that I could not solve or find help for, so I gave up. I still have the failed update stored on my computer. If someone would like to make an interstellar patch for Precursors, they're welcome to, since I don't think I will get around to making it myself.

Fun fact: the failed update would have implemented a secret planet named Odyssey, which would have had glowing rocks on its surface and would have only been accessible via a secret wormhole. 

It might be because of floating point precision, which bugs out many stuff to objects far away from the coordination origin. Probably put your star system a little bit closer to Kerbol?

3 hours ago, Starcatcher2009 - Modder said:

It might be because of floating point precision, which bugs out many stuff to objects far away from the coordination origin. Probably put your star system a little bit closer to Kerbol?

The issues almost certainly weren't related to floating point precision. Perhaps "game breaking" wasn't the best way to put these issues; instead, I'll opt for "player experience-breaking".

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 3:12 PM, wpetula said:

A couple of things from your recent messages…

1. Frontier SHOULD have oxygen, at least in the most recent version of Precursors

Frontier does not have oxygen in Version 1.6.3 via CKAN.
Monkeypatching Frontier.cfg line 164 to oxygen = True and deleting the cache works though

On 6/27/2023 at 9:18 AM, Starcatcher2009 - Modder said:

Are you intending to do this mod on KSP2 some time later on?

sorry for the old post, but he currently is taking a break from ksp, would say it’s unlikely