[1.12.x] Moldavite Machines 1.3

JadeOfMaar

4 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

wot mod are you hoping to match these up with, then?
just curious

Making History, stock. I just want something a little smaller to go with my existing 1.875m modular mothership designs. There are plenty of 1.875m mods out there too, like planetside and Buffalo 2.

14 minutes ago, SkyFall2489 said:

And I'm pretty sure SSPXr doesn't have a 1.875m greenhouse, I might be wrong

It doesn't. I would remember for sure if there was one.

2 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

Feature request: 1.875m parts

I originally didn't want to go below 2.5m but you and @linuxgurugamer gave enough reason. I will not do any smaller as they (well, greenhouses specifically) would make no sense under Kerbalism.

Here's my draft for this size.

Free_Greenhouse0018.png

13 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I will not do any smaller as they (well, greenhouses specifically) would make no sense under Kerbalism.

Greenhouses in general dont make much sense with kerbalism which is why i added a science experiment in Simplex.  

What will the IVA be for these?

Just now, theJesuit said:

Greenhouses in general dont make much sense with kerbalism which is why i added a science experiment in Simplex.  

What will the IVA be for these?

How does an experiment replace a greenhouse function? For your amusement,

How I envision the IVAs:

• Greenhouse: Rather than 2 floors and their stepped, concentric platters, this one has just one floor and has a two "curtains" of growing area flowing down the wall. From the ladder, halfway to the window (either clockwise or anti-) would be the "curtains." The remaining wall area would have some lamps angled down to encourage the plants to grow upward (per vertical layout, toward the ship's nose, not per horizontal layout as in an aircraft). Example:
    vertical-aquaponics-design-1.jpg
  • Algae farm, Bioreactor: This would continue to have platters (sealed with glass covers so they can't spill out in microgravity) like in the large size parts, but several short ones mounted to the walls, and not a few large concentric ones dividied by and supported by/bolted down to 2 floors.

12 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

How does an experiment replace a greenhouse function?

I added a biomass experiment that produce a sample, i think requires the BadAir and OrganicSlurry resource, but maybe not.  Takes the same time as a harvest.

Makes you want to take ia greenhouse rather than just sending prepackaged food which weighs signifcantly less than a greenhouse. Even the comfort bonus the greenhouse didnt make it worth the mass IMHO.  

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

For your amusement

I am amused.

7 hours ago, Fabled_Mike said:

How can I connect a rocket to it to refuel it?

Do I need a mod?

Absolutely. You'll need a KAS pipe or a machination involving an extending claw or docking port. Or you'll need a local logistics mod and the refuel vessel to contain both the Moldavite ISRU and a fuel cache (preferrably larger than any single tank on your rocket). "Logistics" meaning "wireless" resource sharing between nearby vessels.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

27 minutes ago, Fabled_Mike said:

Can you transfer Resources from a mod like LH2 with this?

Yes.  I am findingbit a little finickity currently though.  It causes weird forces on the craft when you pick up the pipe when you first use it.  Jut if you pick it up and drop it straight away to stop the  kraken then you can pick it up with no problems at all.

On 8/15/2022 at 4:39 AM, Fabled_Mike said:

Can you transfer Resources from a mod like LH2 with this?

Yes. If you scroll down kinda far on the Spacedock page you'll see this screenshot of a dropdown menu showing that all of CRP is accessible.

MetAFr4.png

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, TJen said:

Is this compatible with Progressive Colonization System?

Hi there. No, it's not. It's up to its dev @NermNermNerm to provide compatibility.

While I'm getting their attention I will mention that these parts have a "refPower" key in their configs which is used for converter throughput scaling and is used as a multiplier in the patches that apply all their modules. It exists because more parts are planned and redundant patch segments are a thing I try to avoid.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.