[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.6.11.0 [2024-02-22]

DocNappers

On 1/24/2023 at 7:20 PM, DocNappers said:

Yes, v1.5.7.0 contains the changes from v1.5.6.2. We're busy making silly designs for the current RWP round, but will look into this bug shortly.

There is no such thing as "silly design"... ;-) KSP is all about making silly designs :D I really love your work and just offer my bugreports as a help. No need to hurry.

If you want to download my testrig-bomb, using the BDA-nuke-software-module, please do so before it runs out. The filehoster is free of charge and therefore deletes the file after 7 days.

For now I reverted back to 1.5.5.1 (last known functioning nuke codebase) because I currently do some nuclear shenigans / silly stuff in KSP. :D

Edited by Rakete

A question on the cruise missile configs. What does the cruiseprediction time parameter do? As far as I saw, I can even set this value in the SPH. So it would be nice to know what it does. :P

And what does the optimum airspeed config value do? There is a setting in the config for the default airspeed (CruiseSpeed) and there is the value optimum airspeed. The first of both is obvious, but what does the second on configure?

Edited by Rakete

Is there a good way to make Kerbals much squishier? It feels wrong that I can hit a Kerbal with a 20mm round, penetrate straight through them and they are just built diff, and then hit a cockpit which survives but procedural-kills its Kerbals. It effectively makes open cockpits much stronger than non-armored enclosed single part cockpits. I'm having situations where Kerbals piloting a 500 kg wooden biplane take a 20mm round to the face at 500% damage and a ballistic damage modifier of 3, survive with half their plane and no apparent discomfort from being shot with an autocannon, and proceed to use their rifle caliber machinegun with inert slug ammo to pilot snipe the 3000 kg Aluminium WWII aircraft they got in a headon with as it goes by.

If I could set Kerbals to hhave like 5 or 10 health so they have some chance to survive an inert rrifle caliber round bbut pretty much no chance to survive pretty much anything stronger and can get wiped out by splash damage that would feel more sensible.

Edited by Pds314

@DocNappers did a re-test on the nukes: they work again in atmosphere. Haven't tested them im vacuum. Thanks for the fix.

QoL-proposal that came to my mind while playing around with some config to make a nuclear version of a cruise missle (-> independence day movie reference, where they attack the mothership using a big stealth jet) an optional keyboard-button assignment, to cycle through the stored gps targets in the gps targets manager. This would enable the user to release cruise missile in a quick succession on multiple targets. So you could do one attack run and drop e.g. three small tactical cruise missiles on three ground targets fast and then close the bomb bay and deal with the defenders, without having to click through the menue.

Edited by Rakete

On 1/30/2023 at 1:29 AM, Rakete said:

A question on the cruise missile configs. What does the cruiseprediction time parameter do? As far as I saw, I can even set this value in the SPH. So it would be nice to know what it does. :P

And what does the optimum airspeed config value do? There is a setting in the config for the default airspeed (CruiseSpeed) and there is the value optimum airspeed. The first of both is obvious, but what does the second on configure?

The cruise prediction time is used in the cruise guidance for predicting the altitude and speed ahead of time (missiles with slower reactions need to look further ahead to avoid crashing).

The optimum airspeed is the speed at which the missile gains full control authority, i.e., below this speed its ability to manoeuvre will be reduced. It's also used for DLZ (dynamic launch zone) calculations.

23 hours ago, Rakete said:

QoL-proposal that came to my mind while playing around with some config to make a nuclear version of a cruise missle (-> independence day movie reference, where they attack the mothership using a big stealth jet) an optional keyboard-button assignment, to cycle through the stored gps targets in the gps targets manager. This would enable the user to release cruise missile in a quick succession on multiple targets.

This isn't as straight forward as the idea seems since there isn't currently a state tracking which of the GPS coords are selected, the current GPS coords are just copied to the WM when you click on one of them. However, I'll have a think about how this could be implemented.

On 1/30/2023 at 8:32 AM, Pds314 said:

I'm having situations where Kerbals piloting a 500 kg wooden biplane take a 20mm round to the face at 500% damage and a ballistic damage modifier of 3

Saburo Sakai landed safely at the airfield with half of his body paralyzed  after a .50 caliber headshot, fully recovered and returned to duty,  and he is just a human made of flesh and bones. So why should a creature made of singularity, spaghetti and quantum strings (possessing the power to destroy a planet or the whole universe by just slipping on stairs)  care about some filthy 20mm HE rounds. :D

On 1/31/2023 at 12:37 PM, DocNappers said:

You can modify their health in GameData/BDArmory/MMPatches/000000_HitpointModule.cfg to whatever you like.

Thank you!

Also wow dissecting BDA's MM cfgs is a good way to learn how to make module manager mods. At least at the level of "make this part behave how I want."

Although it won't go below 100 just from setting max HP. Maybe I need to set the current HP as well.

Edited by Pds314

3 hours ago, Pds314 said:

Although it won't go below 100 just from setting max HP. Maybe I need to set the current HP as well.

There's a hard-coded 100HP lower limit for everything other than missiles currently, though this could potentially be changed for MM-patched parts. I'm not sure if setting current HP will do anything or not.

On 1/31/2023 at 10:58 PM, DocNappers said:

This isn't as straight forward as the idea seems since there isn't currently a state tracking which of the GPS coords are selected, the current GPS coords are just copied to the WM when you click on one of them. However, I'll have a think about how this could be implemented.

Topic 1: No problem. I didn't mean to request anything. I love the mod as it is. Just wanted to offer ideas, of which I thought, they would be easy QoL-things. But if they are difficult to implement, then it's totally alright for me to get a "too much effort for too little QoL improvement".  The fast cycling through gps targets might have also worked nicely with jdams on a bombing run.

Topic 2: One remaining bug is on my list: The plume of the tiny EJ200-engine (wet mode) does not fit into the engine housing. Unlike the saturn-engine the plume of the EJ200 is not waterfallized. Maybe it is possible to waterfallize it and get the visual fixed and improved in one go. But also: This is just a proposal, not a request, because it is a minor thing.

Topic 3: just a thought about additions... many of the bda-part-mods are kinda outdated or do not anymore properly (e.g. Kerbal Field weapons pack generates loads of warnings/errors an issues in the logs and is almost incompatible to the actual bda+ iterations, which have evolved, where KFWP did seemingly not... same for SMI Missiles where I couldn't even get many things to load properly and show up in KSP/BDA... anyway, not your mod's problem !!! Those mods seem to be out of maintainance (no offence)), may we maybe see some extension of the weapons, that come with bda+ out of the box? Maybe some laser guided bombs (like the paveway) or some ballistic missiles (yes, I know BDA+ has a guidance system for that in it). This is not a request, just an idea. You may think about it or refuse it, no problem. Just some thoughts. Here some general ideas... laser guided bombs, gps guided artillery or some spaceweapons like a nasty power hungry space laser or explosives like the hekv but with a little bit more precision in targetting and variation to pick and choose from? No request, just thoughts, that you may like or not.

Topic4: i thought, i saw it somewhere, but where do I have to click to make other ai-pilots from the same team follow me (active piloted vessel) as wingmen? Can I set them up to follow/protect me or sth. like that? I didn't find those options again, but i guess i saw them somewhere.

Edited by Rakete

7 hours ago, Rakete said:

. same for SMI Missiles where I couldn't even get many things to load properly and show up in KSP/BDA...

I'm still using the original version of SMI Missiles from @SpannerMonkey(smce) and everything shows up in the SM Missiles category as per usual. Maybe you have the SM_Industries folder missing (required for custom SM categories) The only two things that got FUBAR are rocket pods (moduleRocketLauncher doesn't exist in BDA+) and the VLSLauncher.dll (fails to load, not sure what it's needed for). Didn't test depth charges or naval mines, and the artificial gravity pad had been broken since KSP v 1.8 or earlier.

6 hours ago, Manul said:

I'm still using the original version of SMI Missiles from @SpannerMonkey(smce) and everything shows up in the SM Missiles category as per usual. Maybe you have the SM_Industries folder missing (required for custom SM categories) The only two things that got FUBAR are rocket pods (moduleRocketLauncher doesn't exist in BDA+) and the VLSLauncher.dll (fails to load, not sure what it's needed for). Didn't test depth charges or naval mines, and the artificial gravity pad had been broken since KSP v 1.8 or earlier.

I used the refitted version by Kurgan, but I didn't even manage to load them even when I partially rewrote the configs by myself (looking a some bda+ configs as template)... something was broken in there (and yes, I did install them correctly ;-) i am kinda experienced in installing mods :P). I guess many BDA weapon packs are just out of maintainance services. Maybe some one who is really into modding and partconfigs may extract the best looking (!) models and parts from those mods, adopt them and make them bda+Stock (without further dlls... just using the the bda+ modules). Given that this is allowed by license. 

Same for the Kerbalfield weapon pack. I reported my bugs a while ago, but the thread is an orphan. E.g. I did a test on some random parts (like two-stage Cruise missile with a hypersonic cruise vessel) and they simply don't hit any targets anymore (broken (or obsolete) configs for setting up the targetting methods or simply bad default values of the part configs? Idk...) and have in some cases even more broken visuals (in some cases i could repaire them, by changing effects (e.g. exhaust plumes) to bda+ delivered ones). Or bombs, that are wrongly configured as anti-air-missiles or vice versa. Many of those parts need an overhaul and complete check-up to look and work properly. Unfortunately i am not competent enough to do such overhauls. 

Maybe some things could be repaired and integrated in bda+ stock weapons package right out of the box. Just using BDA+ modules. E.g. NorthKerbinDynamics... There is no need anymore for separate plugins, because BDA+ comes with a fantastic nuke-module right out of the box. And as far as I saw is North Kerbin dynamics also an orphan. (Please correct me, if I say something wrong). So in theory the best looking meshes and textures could be taken [if allowed] and made pure bda+-variants, requiring no further plugins. They might enrich the BDA gameplay. Somehow it's kinda sad, that many of those additional bda-partpackages are kinda orphans, dropping errors in the logs or not working correctly anymore etc. an up-to-date-best-of package would be a great addition.

E.g. I (not for redistribution) took a bda+ stock JDAM, tuned their scale tiny bit and made one of them a tactical JDAM nuke (with few kt yield) by using the bda+ nuke module that I stole from the AIR-2 config and tuned it - just for my personal fun. Unfortunately I am not competent enough, to offer such work on bigger scale - and I can't fix broken mechanisms like the broken targetting of a before mentioned cruise missile from one of the packages . But something like this could be made of the existing best looking meshes and textures of the bda weapons pack orphanage - by somebody who is competent in the bda+ modules, balancing and patch writing. I myself can only copy paste from other templates and maybe adjust some obivious values like mass or yield.

Just a proposal, not a request. Just a humble idea. Maybe @DocNappers or the other BDA-Devs like the idea. Maybe they don't. Unfortunately I can't do this due to the lack of competence and time. I hope my silly ideas don't annoy them. I don't want to tell anybody what to do or implement. Maybe some great orphan-parts can get a new home in BDA+'s stock arsenal and be repaired by someone who knows how to do this. (Example: the CN DF-15 from Kerbinfield, that doesn't hit anything anymore (even if launched with all SPH-tuneables left on default) and has broken plume visuals that could be fixed by using the ones that come BDA+ already. It could be a nice toy to play around again, if someone would adopt it. I'm not talking about the 100th similar anti-air-missile but those parts, that fill in gaps or could enrich the BDA-experience - like the CN DF-15 from Kerbinfield... ... long range cruise missiles, hypersonic stuff, more types of big bombs and stuff like that. It's already there in those orphaned expansion packs, but needs fixing). 

Please don't be mad on my for my silly proposals.

Edited by Rakete

Is there an easy way to get self-sealing tanks and firebottle GUI to show up for RealFuels tanks? I set it so that they have the module but it doesn't seem to actually show the GUI for self-sealing tanks when I click a real-fuels tank.

1 hour ago, Pds314 said:

Is there an easy way to get self-sealing tanks and firebottle GUI to show up for RealFuels tanks? I set it so that they have the module but it doesn't seem to actually show the GUI for self-sealing tanks when I click a real-fuels tank.

Self-sealing tanks and firebottles only apply to tanks with LiquidFuel or MonoPropellant (self-sealing only) resources when the part is loaded, so adding LF/monoprop to a tank, saving the craft and reloading it should add in the fire bottle and self-sealing options. Alternatively, adding LF/monoprop and then copying the part also adds the options to the new part.

Fuel leaks and (non-surface) fires only apply to parts with LF/Ox/monoprop and batteries, so inerting and firebottles are irrelevant for tanks containing other fuels.

On 2/3/2023 at 11:55 PM, Rakete said:

Topic 1: No problem. I didn't mean to request anything. I love the mod as it is. Just wanted to offer ideas, of which I thought, they would be easy QoL-things. But if they are difficult to implement, then it's totally alright for me to get a "too much effort for too little QoL improvement".  The fast cycling through gps targets might have also worked nicely with jdams on a bombing run.

I've added this in. It turned out not to be too difficult after all.

Topic 2: One remaining bug is on my list: The plume of the tiny EJ200-engine (wet mode) does not fit into the engine housing. Unlike the saturn-engine the plume of the EJ200 is not waterfallized. Maybe it is possible to waterfallize it and get the visual fixed and improved in one go. But also: This is just a proposal, not a request, because it is a minor thing.

One of the devs that does modelling would have to take a look at that (@SuicidalInsanity?)

Topic 3: just a thought about additions...

Have you checked out BDA-Extended https://github.com/BrettRyland/BDArmory-Extended/releases? It has a number of parts that you might find interesting and is maintained by devs either involved with or closely working with BDA+. BDA+ itself is intended as a framework for other mods to create part packs and only contains a few examples of each of the features that BDA+ provides, so it's not the correct place to add extra variations on weapons. There's not much we can do about other mods that don't update their configs, but I think at least some of them are still maintained.

Topic4: i thought, i saw it somewhere, but where do I have to click to make other ai-pilots from the same team follow me (active piloted vessel) as wingmen? Can I set them up to follow/protect me or sth. like that? I didn't find those options again, but i guess i saw them somewhere.

This is in the "Wing Commander" panel from the in-flight WM (BDA Weapon Manager -> Wing Command). It has an option for following. I think if the wingmen have guard mode enabled then they'll attack enemies that come nearby, but I'm not sure about this.

7 hours ago, DocNappers said:

Self-sealing tanks and firebottles only apply to tanks with LiquidFuel or MonoPropellant (self-sealing only) resources when the part is loaded, so adding LF/monoprop to a tank, saving the craft and reloading it should add in the fire bottle and self-sealing options. Alternatively, adding LF/monoprop and then copying the part also adds the options to the new part.

Fuel leaks and (non-surface) fires only apply to parts with LF/Ox/monoprop and batteries, so inerting and firebottles are irrelevant for tanks containing other fuels.

ahh. So just giving a RealFuels tanks the self sealing tank module doesn't mean it will actually act like it has those features?

On 2/5/2023 at 2:51 PM, DocNappers said:

I've added this in. It turned out not to be too difficult after all

This sounds great ! Thank you so so much. I am highly impressed by how much dev support this mod gets. This is truly insane. I highly appreciate that level of maintainance support.

On 2/5/2023 at 2:51 PM, DocNappers said:

Have you checked out BDA-Extended

No, i didn't because I didn't know of that. This is still fully supported? I think i will give it a try.  Oh, I see, this Mod is maintained by @SuicidalInsanity? Has it a forum thread itself, where I can place bugreports, if neccessary? (Unfortunately github doesn't give again access to my old lost-password-account). Looks nice. (and for me a great plus: doesn't need more plugin and just uses BDA interfaces. ... i like that, because i already have so many plugins)

Another question to the devs/experienced BDA users: How are the maveriks/hellfires supposed to be used? After a short flight, they stop burning their engines and often hit the ground in front of the laser target (or explode midflight). How are they supposed to be used? Are they better dropped from great or low height? How near should I be to the target? 

Somehow I don't feel like adjusting the burntime of the laser guided missiles, as i guess, that would destroy their realism. Or is it indeed a bug/misconfig? (I don't think so. I guess, the problem is on the user side). 

Edited by Rakete

Bugreport: BDA+ / BDA-Extended @SuicidalInsanity

Noticed on the great fabulous homing hydra missiles (I really like them !!!): upon second salvo the hydras do not show any plume anymore. Despite that, they work correctly. Could be an issue of the part or the BDA itself. Nothing to bad.

It does not make any difference how long you wait between 1st and 2nd salvo. FLIR-System installed and target locked with it.

Bugreport 2: @SuicidalInsanity

The both CLS-Missile Launcher. The description of both says they are heatseeking. In fact one of them is configured as radar guided. And in case of the heatseeking ones, there you have the strange behavior, that only one of 4-salvo-missiles seems to attack the target, the other three go straight to nowhere.

Edited by Rakete

Sooo today I fiddled around with configs and got a working laser guided clusterbomb based on the one that comes stock with BDA+. No new models (since I am no 3D modeling artist) - just added functionality. No plugins needed - just BDA+.

So maybe someone here like to have that fun too, so here is the config. No credits to me needed. Also the others from the BDA-Team may adopt the configs into in their mod or just leave it. Just sharin' some of my results of messing around with configs.

Focus was not RL-equivalents - just new gameplay toys to have fun with.

Just put in a cfg folder where the clusterbomb is... 

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
//
//

// --- general parameters ---
name = bahaClusterBombLaser
module = Part
author = Rakete

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_attach = 0.0, 0.25, -0.1, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.25, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = precisionEngineering
entryCost = 350
cost = 300
category = none
bdacategory = Bombs
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = CBU-87L laser-guided Cluster Bomb  //CBU-87 Cluster Bomb
manufacturer = #loc_BDArmory_agent_title  //Bahamuto Dynamics
description = This laser-guided bomb splits open and deploys many small bomblets at a certain altitude.  //This bomb splits open and deploys many small bomblets at a certain altitude.
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.467
dragModelType = none
maximum_drag = 0.03
minimum_drag = 0.03
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
	{
	  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = CBU-87L

thrust = 0 //KN thrust during boost phase
	  cruiseThrust = 0 //thrust during cruise phase
	  boostTime = 0 //seconds of boost phase
  	  cruiseTime = 80 //seconds of cruise phase
	  guidanceActive = true
  	  maxTurnRateDPS = 20 //degrees per second

decoupleSpeed = 2
	  deployAnimationName = deploy
	  deployedDrag = 0.03
	  deployTime = 0.2

explModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/explosion

useSimpleDrag = true
	  simpleCoD = 0,0,-2
	  simpleStableTorque = 5
	  rndAngVel = 0.7

missileType = bomb
	targetingType = laser
	maxOffBoresight = 75
	homingType = AGMBallistic
	optimumAirspeed = 300

aero = true
	liftArea = 0.004
	steerMult = 4
	maxTorque = 8

engageAir = false
	  engageMissile = false
	  engageGround = true
	  engageSLW = false
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = BDExplosivePart
		tntMass = 15
	}

MODULE
	{
	  name = ClusterBomb

deployAltitude = 700
	  deployDelay = 2.5
	  submunitionMaxSpeed = 20
	  swapCollidersOnDeploy = true

subExplModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/explosion
	  subExplSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/subExplode
	}

}

Here also a bit more fun stuff as result of my fiddeling around. A tactical 3kt-nuke based on the MK82. Just put into the Mk82Bombbrake folder in a cfg-File. Playing around with that toy was kinda fun. But don't use them on a slow biplane, even if they have airbrakes.

PART
{
//
//

name = bahaMk82BombBrakeTN
module = Part
author = Rakete

mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

node_attach = 0.0, 0.1365, -0.1287, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1365, 0.15, 0, 1, 0, 0

entryCost = 300
cost = 125
category = none
bdacategory = Bombs
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = Mk82TN Bombe 'SnakeEye TN' //Mk82 SnakeEye Bomb
description = Unguided tactical nuke with Airbrake for drops from low altitude. 
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.227
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.02
minimum_drag = 0.02
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = Mk82 SnakeEye TN

guidanceActive = false
  blastRadius = 40 //meters
  blastPower = 25

decoupleSpeed = 2
  deployAnimationName = deploy

deployedDrag = 0.15
  //deployedDrag = 0

deployTime = 0.55
  explModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/explosionLarge

useSimpleDrag = true
  simpleCoD = 0,0,-2
  simpleStableTorque = 5
  rndAngVel = 2

missileType = bomb
  homingType = none

engageAir = false
  engageMissile = false
  engageGround = true
  engageSLW = false
}

MODULE
{
	name = BDModuleNuke
	thermalRadius = 600 //clamps AoE to a max of this distance
	yield = 3 // yield, in kilotons
	fluence = 10 //thermal bloom modifier, reduce for less toasty nukes
	isEMP = false // does this generate an EMP
	reportingName = W-10 Warhead //weapon name that appears in competition log
	//initial flash
	flashModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeFlash
	//shockwave
	shockModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeShock
	//fireball
	blastModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeBlast
	 //mushroom cloud stalk
	plumeModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukePlume
	//ground scatter
	debrisModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeScatter
	 //sound
	blastSoundPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeBoom
}

}

Also here, if you need a final boom and mange to get into the target area: A pretty standard nuke based on the JDAM. Just put it into a cfg. in the JDAM folder of BDA.

PART
{
//
//

name = bahaJdamMk90N
module = Part
author = Rakete

mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

node_attach = 0.0, 0.1779008, 0.2834791, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1779008, 0.2834791, 0, 1, 0, 0

entryCost = 1800
cost = 600
category = none
bdacategory = Bombs
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = Mk90N JDAM nuclear bomb //Mk83 JDAM Bomb
description = GPS-guided nuclear bomb. Use with greatest caution. //1000lb GPS-guided bomb.
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.460
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.02
minimum_drag = 0.02
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = Mk90N JDAM

dropTime = 1 //how many seconds after release until guidance begins
  guidanceActive = true

explSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/explode1

missileType = bomb
  DetonationDistance = 0
  targetingType = gps
  optimumAirspeed = 300

aero = true
  liftArea = 0.004
  steerMult = 4
  maxTorque = 8

engageAir = false
  engageMissile = false
  engageGround = true
  engageSLW = false

}

MODULE
{
	name = BDModuleNuke
	thermalRadius = 3000 //clamps AoE to a max of this distance
	yield = 150 // yield, in kilotons
	fluence = 450 //thermal bloom modifier, reduce for less toasty nukes
	reportingName = W-30 Warhead //weapon name that appears in competition log
	//initial flash
	//shockwave
	//fireball
	 //mushroom cloud stalk
	//ground scatter
	 //sound
}

}

And here also a little scaled down tactical nuke as a JDAM. Just make a cfg-file in the JDAM folder and put this in:

They might nicely work with the rotating bomb racks for the storage and the upcoming keyboard button assignment for cycling through gps-targets, that @DocNappers said would be implemented.

PART
{
//
//

name = bahaJdamMk88TN
module = Part
author = Rakete

mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 0.75

node_attach = 0.0, 0.1779008, 0.2834791, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1779008, 0.2834791, 0, 1, 0, 0

entryCost = 1800
cost = 600
category = none
bdacategory = Bombs
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = Mk88TN JDAM taktische nukleare Bombe  //Mk83 JDAM Bomb
description = GPS-guided small tactical nuclear bomb. Use with caution!  //1000lb GPS-guided bomb.
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.250
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.02
minimum_drag = 0.02
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = Mk88TN JDAM

dropTime = 1 //how many seconds after release until guidance begins
  guidanceActive = true

explSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/explode1

missileType = bomb
  DetonationDistance = 0
  targetingType = gps
  optimumAirspeed = 300

aero = true
  liftArea = 0.004
  steerMult = 4
  maxTorque = 8

engageAir = false
  engageMissile = false
  engageGround = true
  engageSLW = false

}

MODULE
{
	name = BDModuleNuke
	thermalRadius = 600 //clamps AoE to a max of this distance
	yield = 3 // yield, in kilotons
	fluence = 10 //thermal bloom modifier, reduce for less toasty nukes
	reportingName = W-10 Warhead //weapon name that appears in competition log
	//initial flash
	//shockwave
	//fireball
	 //mushroom cloud stalk
	//ground scatter
	 //sound
}

}

You may change the names, since they are not related to real world things. If not liked, just scrap it... or have fun with these configs.

Edited by Rakete

You create a txt file (rightclick, new file, text file), open it with the editor,  copy one of the configs into the txt file. Then save it, close it. Then you rename the file from example.txt to example.cfg

Important: drop it into the right folder. 

E.g. for the laser guided cluster bomb drop it bdarmory\parts\clusterbomb right where thr model for the unguided variant, that comes with bda right out of the box, lies. Put it right next to it, without removimg the other cfg there (in order to keep the bda-stock-weapon)

Same for the jdams... put those configs bdarmory\parts\jdam ... right next to the model and the other jdam config, that comes with bda.

Every shown config should be one separate file.

Same for the mk82bombbrake-variant.... put the additional config in the folder where the BDA-original cfg and the matching 3D model lies.

Do not remove the old configs, just put a the new ones next to them. Oherwise you would lose the bda-stock-parts. Just give the configs you create a slightly different filename of your choice.

Edited by Rakete