Maneuver Node Controller [0.8.0]

XYZ3211

5 hours ago, highfly1000 said:

I totally agree. If you like you can provide me the code part and I'll make the New version available for everybody.

MR is up at https://github.com/highfly1000/ManeuverNodeController/pull/1  so you should be able to just pull the code into your repo and build from that.
Otherwise my code is available here: https://github.com/ColinZeidler/ManeuverNodeController/tree/multi_maneuver_support

I’ve forked a version off of @highfly1000’s version that enables you to add a node if one doesn’t already exist. I’ve got a pull request in to merge this update in, and am already working on another extension to allow snapping to AN/DN. I can post a link here if you guys are interested.

https://github.com/schlosrat/ManeuverNodeController

Edited by schlosrat

@highfly1000, @XYZ3211I've posted an update at the github link above for what I'm calling MNC 0.7.0. This version allows snapping to AN/DN relative to the equatorial plane (useful when making simple plane changes for your active vessel), and also to the AN/DN relative to a selected target's orbit (useful for matching planes with the selected target). I also simplified the UI for the SnapTo functionality so that it's just 4 to 6 buttons on one line. You get Ap, Pe, ANe, and DNe in any situation. If you've got a selected target you'll also get ANt and DNt. @sarbian, this new version incorporates a small amount of MJ2 code updated for KSP2.
The Add Node functionality is a little wonky. Right now it's adding a node, but for some reason there's no Maneuver Gizmo created with the node as there should be. You can edit the node in MNC, and there's a burn timer window, so you can execute it manually like normal, but you can't edit the node manually like you ought to be able to - just with the MNC mod. The workaround for this is simple - just create an empty node in the usual way and then use MNC to edit it as you like.

Updated to 0.7.1. New version fixes Add Node capability so that a maneuver node gizmo is created and the map view is updated. Also fixed Add Node logic so that the new node is pinned to the Ap only if e < 1, and otherwise is set to the active vessel's current position.

https://github.com/schlosrat/ManeuverNodeController/releases/tag/0.7.1

On 3/5/2023 at 6:24 PM, EvelynThe Dragon said:

Yes it is. But more to my question, which location is the right location to put them in?

Try using the 2KAN mod manager. Some of my mods wouldn't load thru Bepinex/Space Warp. With 2KAN they load just fine. I have no idea why.

I’ve update this to 0.7.4 with a bunch of improvements. See GitHub releases for the details, but amount other things it now reade out delta v remaining dynamically through the burn, and also game input is disabled when you click into a text field so you can enter decimal numbers without triggering timewarp

I've updated this to 0.7.6 with a bunch of bug fixes and improvements. The mod will now automatically close itself if you switch from Flight or Map view to the VAB. It stays open in the Tracking Station, but get this - you can still use it! That's right, you can have a selected vessel (you will already if you had one in Flight/Map view and went to the Tracking Station from there), and you can play around with that vessel's maneuver node seeing the projected results in the map displayed for the Tracking Station! Sadly, there's a bug in KSP2 and so it's not possible to sense when the player switches to the Training Center, so the mod's GUI will stay up there (if it was already up), but you can always close it with the X in the upper right corner.
Other fixes clean up how this mod creates maneuver nodes and ensure that the Snap To time setting functions work as intented.
https://github.com/schlosrat/ManeuverNodeController/releases/tag/0.7.6

Updated to 0.8.0 with yet more fixes and improvements!

* Cleaned up and compressed the GUI - more info in less space!

* Changed the color of Prograde info to green, aligning with maneuver node vector colors

* Added Current Orbit and Next Orbit info so that the user can see the numerical effect of updates to the node

M36w3mn.png

https://github.com/schlosrat/ManeuverNodeController/releases/tag/0.8.0

I'm not sure if it's something specific to this mod, but I only see it when using it, since it's the only way I know how to set maneuver nodes over an orbit later.  If I setup an rendezvous with another craft in orbit multiple orbits away, whenever the craft completes an orbit, the intercept gets shifted.  I noticed sometimes, if I use the mod to minus an orbit or two, it lines back up to where it was.

On 4/13/2023 at 6:28 AM, Soda Popinski said:

I'm not sure if it's something specific to this mod, but I only see it when using it, since it's the only way I know how to set maneuver nodes over an orbit later.  If I setup an rendezvous with another craft in orbit multiple orbits away, whenever the craft completes an orbit, the intercept gets shifted.  I noticed sometimes, if I use the mod to minus an orbit or two, it lines back up to where it was.

I've encountered the same problem. When I put a node that was two orbits ahead, it was incorrectly placed, I think by half an orbit, not currently sure whether half an orbit ahead or behind though.

• 3 weeks later...

Maneuver Node Controller 0.9.2 (pre-release)
Note: All Maneuver Node Controller 0.9.0+ versions requires Node Manager, which is used for better node management. There are a lot of updates in this version besides integrating with Node Manager. Nodes are now more reliably created and up to 9 nodes can be placed on a single orbit (that's the game's limit).
Also, the mod has been reskinned to match K2-D2 and Flight Plan for a more modern and easy to read look.
jnsajL6.png

You can pick up a copy here if you like. Space Dock and CKAN will be updated once the changes have been merged into the main branch.

https://github.com/schlosrat/ManeuverNodeController/releases/download/0.9.2/maneuver_node_controller_v0.9.2.zip

If you need a copy of Node Manager 0.5.3 to go with MNC 0.9.2 you can pick that up on SpaceDock, CKAN, or right here if you like.

https://github.com/schlosrat/NodeManager/releases/download/0.5.3/NodeManager-0.5.3.zip

You'll Need Node Manager 0.5.3 installed or MNC 0.9.0+ will not load.

Edited by schlosrat
fixed typo

4iklFGc.png

The left two examples are without a selected target, with the rightmost being the normal view of the GUI. In the middle you can see the alerts you get if you're typing into a text field - which will disable game input from the mouse and keyboard. Also, if you type something in that can't be parsed as a number the GUI alerts you for that too. Those are not new features, but they look nicer with the new GUI skin!
The rightmost example show what you can expect when you've selected a target orbiting the same parent you are. In that case there are two more Snap-To buttons for ANt and DNt - the target relative Ascending Node and Descending Node. Again, not new features, but here's what they look like in the new skin.
What is new feature wise is the use of Node Manager for better handling of maneuver nodes.

4 hours ago, ManuxKerb said:

Hi 

Wow what awesome comunity work!

I play with 4 k resolution and the normal writeiing is quite small. Is there a way to make it bigger. Like change the font size ?

Thanks

I'll look into it. My monitors are only 2K, so I don't have a good way to test anything I do, but I can take a look. If possible, I'll make the font size adjustable thorough a setting, and perhaps the font too, but this needs to be done with care or the GUI layout will be quite a mess. It's probably more complicated than I've made it sound, but I will look into it.

On 5/4/2023 at 1:00 AM, schlosrat said:

I'll look into it. My monitors are only 2K, so I don't have a good way to test anything I do, but I can take a look. If possible, I'll make the font size adjustable thorough a setting, and perhaps the font too, but this needs to be done with care or the GUI layout will be quite a mess. It's probably more complicated than I've made it sound, but I will look into it.

Thanks! I can test if you want and send you screenshots. Just hit me with a dm with your email :)

9 hours ago, ManuxKerb said:

Thanks! I can test if you want and send you screenshots. Just hit me with a dm with your email :)

I'll take a look and see if there's a fairly simple way to scale things. If I can sort something out I'll make a test build and post it here with a ping to you.

Update for you,@ManuxKerb. @cfloutieris actively looking into dynamic fonts and it seems like he's on a good path. As this is GUI related, it's really much more up his alley than mine. If I did it, it would not turn out as well I'm certain - so we'll all be better off for cfloutier's interest in this problem. No ETA, but hopefully not too long as this will be a nice thing to have in several mods.

On 5/23/2023 at 6:47 AM, tomf said:

Would it be possible to add the ejection angle to the readout? The KSP 1 version had it and it is used by lots of trajectory planning tools.

I'll take a look at the KSP1 version and see if this can be easily added.

In the meantime...

Updated for 0.9.4

• Updated to use orbital functions from NodeManager 0.5.5. Orbit extension functions are now obtained from Node Manager instead of keeping a local copy in this mod. This improves maintainability and ensures correct functionality by using the same functions as other in-family mods.
  • Snap To Ascending and Descending nodes now work correctly when near the end of one orbital patch and the next node will be on the next patch.
  • Updated to use SpaceWarp 1.2.0