Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I recently started a small Eve colony! It sits on the flat peak of a 6.7km mountain, so when the lander arrives it should be able to get Theoler Kerman into orbit with ease. To keep Theoler company I sent down a small probe named A.R.C.H.I.E (standing for Advanced Reconnaissance Craft and Hazard Identifying Equipment), who has the ability to carry Theoler around as well as perform science on the field.

b2RJUnG.pngEve Exploration One - Base camp. Objects from left to right: The Mission Flag, DuneBug One, A.R.C.H.I.E, Theoler, The Cargo Ultra-Light and the Scout Ultra-Light.

9mTmRqr.pngBoth aircraft in flight several kilometres above sea-level. Ion propulsion gives a sufficient push to keep the aircraft in the air, though I do still have to be careful with how much altitude I lose. The Scout Ultra-Light can be seen on the left, with Theoler at the controls. On the right, the Cargo Ultra-Light flies alongside Theoler, with A.R.C.H.I.E piloting it. You can just see his rear wheels poking out the bottom.

4kXyekh.pngTheoler Kerman gazed out across the hostile landscape as dusk settled over the mountain. Though the cosy and subdued interior of DuneBug One kept Theoler safe, he still longed for home, to view Kerbin's glistening blue oceans and rolling green grasslands from orbit. It would be a few months before his trip back to Kerbin arrived. He hoped that A.R.C.H.I.E could help him maintain his sanity as he dreamed of returning to Kerbin's amiable serenity.

Edited by SuperHappySquid

Certainly! I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure how to present the coordinates properly, I hope these suffice.

3 36' 5" S 172 27' 46" W

Ldcevvj.png

Here's the area on Kerbalmaps. There are several fairly high peaks in that area, and it's also fairly equatorial. I Hope this helps!

Certainly! I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure how to present the coordinates properly, I hope these suffice.

3 36' 5" S 172 27' 46" W

Thank you! That's roughly the region I was targeting too, but I ended up at about 5degS 165degW. That site was only about 2000m and not as flat.

Turned out my ships in the Joolian System had way too little fuel to return to Kerbin, so they had to rendez-vous and the whole combination was eventually ditched on Pol. It'll be several years untill they'll get rescued.

http://i57.tinypic.com/ehd9af.png

Darn, poor you!

I hate stranding my Kerbals. Unless it was a dedicated one way mission.

Also, the MK1 cockpit on your space-plane looks different. Almost out of place even...

- - - Updated - - -

bi8I5zq.png5NdsdwM.png?1qI3qWue.pngYX6qqdh.pngEFtBMa0.pngYpMEuxW.png?1

Darn, poor you!

I hate stranding my Kerbals. Unless it was a dedicated one way mission.

Also, the MK1 cockpit on your space-plane looks different. Almost out of place even...

Well ... I looked closer to my cockpit and somehow my applied paintjob (KerbPaint) has vanished ...

Btw, 2nd and last pic are really nice ... !

I crashed a mostly-B9 airplane into the SPH, with better results than I expected!

akCN6Gm.png

The tail can be seen separating, along with both wings and one of the jet engines. An elevator on the tail has just hit that air-conditioning unit near the centre of the image.

-Carlpilot :)