Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

I have so many questions. What's that main landing gear strut for on the cab? Does this actually work easily like a 5th wheel? Are you able to detach the trailer and re-attach it? Why did you use landing gear on the trailer? How did you get the lights to work on this gear... mine never do even when I select it to.

Sorry... awesome design!

The landing gear handles most of the trailer weight, without it, the wheels broke. Same as the trailer wheels. The landing gear under Hitchhiker Storage lifts the trailer and the truck can go alone.

(thanks google translate)

• 4 weeks later...

This is the Bandercycle, based on previous pre-1.1 bandercycles that I have thrashed on Duna... 

screenshot625.jpg

This is the bandercycle reaching over 100 m/s on Kerbin... the training wheels are necesary for anything over 20-something m/s I'm afraid:

screenshot630.jpg

This is the boring thing I ended up landing on the Mun based on the bandercycle tech, the bandertrack 1. It does alot of science collection contracts and refuels itself, fun to use, but I plan to take some bandercycles to Duna soon:

screenshot632.jpg

Craft Files:

bandercycle

bandertrack

Edited by banderling
added craft files

• 3 weeks later...

Here's mine, based off @Parkaboy's Eve rover:

rQNzgB5.pngI'm not using life support though, so it doesn't have a greenhouse (instead, it has SCIENCE!).

The only problem is, the ladder and the airlock don't work together well, but I've found a way to get back in.

Edited by spacebrick3

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that the latest rover master thread is 2 years old.  With the new changes to rover wheels, I figured this would be a good time for a new one.  I'm also new here on the forums, but have been playing ksp for a while, and thought that this would make a nice first thread.

-I'm tired, I'll post mine tomorrow.

2 hours ago, ndiver said:

It is two years old, but the rover that i use since that is still working perfectly. It does not make sense to create a new thread.

I figured there would be some different rovers now that there have been new parts and physics changes since then.

55 minutes ago, CheckYoStaging said:

I figured there would be some different rovers now that there have been new parts and physics changes since then.

The rovers from the beginning and from currently are different, but that's always a source of inspiration to look the early pages. New parts does not change the fact that players are using mods since several years.

I have a lot, so I hid em behind the spoiler here to help with page load times and such:

Work Truck with Trailer:

rLm6khr.jpg

(Alternate View In Spoiler)

Gg0nd8F.jpg

Module-Mover-Machine (part of my Duna Kolony: able to lift and move around various small habitats and such)

TBCjBdF.jpg

Battle Truck

qbsrrSg.jpg

Various Racing/General Amusement Rovers

Co9lm7X.jpg

HgY34bm.jpg

289Q41m.jpg

WGz6QOR.jpg

0Vvl8Rf.jpg

cc9sizW.jpg

Circumnavigation Rover as used in my Circumnavigation in 0.90 I believe (capable of land and water travel via an extending foil on the bottom) (also, click the link in my sig to see more of the rover and the journey itself):

cRhKlXX.jpg

jVF6GWt.jpg

Edited by Slam_Jones

This was my first one. Unmanned and fairly limited in capability. I made the mistake of landing it in a crater, and that's where it stayed :(yjNmiuT.png

This one is much more capable, and craters are no problem :)

93eDiyd.png

Edited by Lunar Sea

5 hours ago, ndiver said:

New parts does not change the fact that players are using mods since several years.

There is the new blocked wheel limitation though. Before, you could clip wheels as well as you liked, without any major penalty. Wheels are pretty claustrophobic now though.

9 hours ago, Majorjim said:

You can use one of my micro thermo hinges to make a real separate trailer that will swing behind the truck.

Ah great idea!  I actually used two Jr Docking Ports along with a free-moving washer from IR, and depending on how I set the traction control and such I can get it to swing out quite far :P. Although it tends to roll the whole truck at that point... >.>

Edited by Slam_Jones

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.