What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I sent my plane-probe hybrid to Eve, it was a huge success. Then I set up the first two parts to my minmus space station. After, I put my base on Ike. Finally I sent my Tylo science team up to the mother ship and got the into a duna orbit to drop a probe, and returned them safely back to kerbin.

I completed a test of some parts and features I hadn't used before, namely a shielded docking port, transfering crew without EVA, and transfering supplies and waste from one ship to another (TAC life support). I then de-orbited the space-station, and returned the crew safely to Kerbin, ready for v1.0

Sending out an Eeloo expedition and a Dres expedition, hopefully I can get them returned in time :D Well, the Eeloo expedition is already enroute, the Dres one will leave soon.

And I'm going to Dres because.... well, why not? :D

Maybe I can squeeze in another mission to somewhere. Or maybe just screw around for a while when those two are done.

Edited by smjjames

Decided I will stay back from the massive rush of all y'all downloading 1.0 tomorrow and the associated server crash, and modified a FAR plane I've been working on again. Made orbit - haven't tried de-orbit and landing yet, though...

I've been messing around with some of my old SSTO designs since, when the next update comes along, they are likely to become redundant... :(

Once I work out how to link a video, I'll show you all what exactly I have been up to!

- - - Updated - - -

ve finally finished up a project of mine where I rendezvous with an asteroid, attach wings to it and the fly it to and land at the KSC all using and SSTO! I had to get it don't quickly before version 1.0 brings us the new aerodynamics model so I'm happy it's finally done!

Getting this craft to work properly was a real pain though since, once I docked with the asteroid, my centre of mass changed dramatically which is why I added the extra wings.

Enjoy!

Edited by hazard-ish

Ran into a fun glitch. Unloaded all my mods etc. Took a variety of spaceplanes up for some joy rides. Interestingly enough, the all started blowing to pieces on immediate final. Jeb, Bill, and Bob interestingly enough do not seem content to leave Beta without a bang.

N1cCf9S.jpg

7ulswTf.jpg

CgWo9Lr.jpg

I planned a three stage spaceplane for 1.0:

S1 rockets as rocket assisted takeoff. Once they are exhausted, they get jettisoned

Ramjets (the old turbojet apparently turned into one) behind drop tanks below the wings make the thing go as fast and high as possible without melting it. They also get jettisoned.

And then a rocket engine (aerospike, terrier, 48-7s?) kicks in to finally make it to orbit.

But sadly, all I did was think and wait ;.;

This is probably my last 0.90.0 session, a quick SSTO design...uses four Rapiers. Got RCS fuel and batteries plus solar panels.

Flew it into orbit, and just after one orbit, I decided to do re-entry and landed it at KSC, with Jeb at the controls of course. Used my Logitech X3D stick.

So long BETA :)

http://imgur.com/a/sFJB1

3dl3phg.png

Ovi3rQ2.png

2zEFKLp.png

7flNFB6.png

iXxkeyY.png

7qzoHMo.png

cRSb0KB.png

EOcUS52.png

OQXfTsJ.png

Edited by rodion_herrera