What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Nice going. My Laythe landers are designed to float in the upright position in case I have to splash land. They launch from the water nicely too.

Interesting. May I see one please?

I thought to do a lander not so vertical for the same reason, adding some engines spread radially, but the aerodrag was so intense that I had to skip the idea.

Edited by LordCorwin

Interesting. May I see one please? I thought to do a lander not so vertical for the same reason, adding some engines spread radially, but the aerodrag was so intense that I had to skip the idea.

Sure. This is from an earlier version of KSP. I was doing photo shoots at Kerbin of these. The lander and rover/ boat together. At Laythe, I would separate the rover from the lander just after dropping from orbit. I landed each using chutes so as not to use precious fuel. I had to balance the rover with science parts which could jettison. Now we have better parts to use but here's the old pic. Notice the combination of jets, spikes and nukes:

13192238193_68b09d1a1e_o.png

Here is the rover on its own:

13192339823_633b13f781_o.png

Here is the assembly on an intermediate (not the launch) stage; I took the engines off for the shot. I asparagus staged the fuel tanks:

13196643993_680388fb6d_o.png

Edited by Dispatcher

Visited The Face on Duna for the first time. Somehow I never did it. :huh:

Dirine Kerman went alone. TAC (no recycling) + DeepFreeze, chemical propulsion.

9A4ABF47A9232103C0CB8F07361449C5300F9225

921177940EBEA93841983E00C9B302FFC09639BB

6F562EEE91737537E6E97EDBAE27AA06F2877EFF

Did a manual precision landing, ended up 10 km away from it, coming shallow and shedding speed through the thin atmosphere.

Even saw the floating boulder of Duna. :)

had a small 'staging' error while rescueing a kerbal and delivering a tug to lko. it was supposed to dock with a station there but the decoupler stuck to the docking port.

68C955B640130179F1D5C55EC32A2613FB36A0F4

thou shall not dock

i landed the rescue pod back on kerbin and sent a new module with bill and some KAS parts including struts for my wobbly lko station, rcs ports and tanks because i forgot to place some on the tug and an explosive charge to blow the decoupler of the docking port. but the charge destroyed the docking port as well.. fortunatly there was a second docking port on the ship bill came on and i reattached it to the tug

818577E1D599CD0D2922B14C3C17B5BD64A70082

fixing design faults on the tug

after docking everything to my station i started stabilizing things but somehow bill attached a strut to himself and he spun out of control until he ran out of EVA fuel, i tried to save him by carefully manouvering a command pod withing his reach but once he touched it mysterious forces sent him flying out of kerbins SOI. bye bill.

B74FB689E71AD4FA6556864B609819201396065C

after placing only 5 struts bill decided to fly away

there were only 5 days left until my duna probe would enter duna's soi so i warped a bit and placed the probe in a polar orbit, did a surface scan and dipped into the atmosphere a couple of times for science. next up will be a manned flight to duna

95C4BB8E17E551D1B2C548DF173B8259D95A7B1D

first time orbiting duna

Edited by Belphegor

This may make more sense if I say that I love Mad Max.

Not entirely sure what I was trying to achieve here, but my heavily mauled modified version of pandoras kitten's Kerbalwagen Type 1 can jump the admin building and survive, which is nice I guess.

erFBaKB.jpg

Yesterday I'd almost finished a mission. Then I restarted KSP to edit Texture Replacer's configs. When I relaunched KSP Interstellar decided not to load - despite the fact that I changed absolutely nothing other than Texture Replacer's settings for kerbals removing their helmets! As a result my mission got deleted, as it had radiators from KSP Interstellar on it.

Today the problem's escalated to crashing. I have absolutely no idea why. I've been unsuccessfully troubleshooting for the past hour.

EDIT: Crashing gone, I think it was just Module Manager choking on the sheer number (21,355) of patches it had to apply.

Edited by Whovian

Today I launched 3 SCANSat satellites into polar orbits around Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus in my Career game... In Career with SCANSat you can anazlyze the data for science, but I forgot antenna's on ALL 3 satellites.... -_- So now I'm sending up 3 new satellites with antennae... They're worth like $80,000 each (not even including the launcher). *sigh*

This may make more sense if I say that I love Mad Max.

Not entirely sure what I was trying to achieve here, but my heavily mauled modified version of pandoras kitten's Kerbalwagen Type 1 can jump the admin building and survive, which is nice I guess.

You know I just got a wicked idea. You know those basic antennae can be right clicked in assembly and appear extended when the craft is spawned; this would be the perfect item to make spikes for decorative and defensive purposes.

I'm also thinking for bigger vehicles van sized and above, the short I beam and an octagonal truss with command chair on top could serve as a lancer battle station. It would be quite useless in stock as the perch would upset the center of gravity badly but for a future Mad Max themed video I might use Infernal Robotics and tweakscale to create miniature rocket turrets.

I finished assembling my space station in LKO. All told it is over 400 parts, 750 tons, contains more than 51,000 units of LFO (8 big kerbodyne tanks). It has a bunch of docking ports, a viewing cuppola, science labs, and room for over 70 kerbals. I also have 14 single-seat escape pods, so if things go south then only the first class kerbals are going to survive. Given it's size, I think I was lucky to complete this in only 6 launches.

fDuDLNl.png

I went off this last weekend to help teach others how to do model rocketry. while standing night watch I did a little KSP and further developed my designs. Large enough to destroy the launching pad on lift off.

yiKBnCG.jpg

I lifted the rocket just a few feet more in the vertical hanger/assembly building and got a clean but slow take off. Had to reduce the acceleration on the climb in order not to shred the rocket into peaces in the upper atmosphere. The computer frame rate was affected by such a large rocket. In this case - a good day (night) with KSP :-)

MqM6w04.jpg

Today I rescued Sigula from the Mun. Managed to set down within 2.7km of her debris, which was close enough for a short EVA RCS flight. Unfortunately I lost Irra and Elus when the lander tipped over and destroyed the lander can. The next flight will have a couple additional, asymmetrical parachutes to pull the lander horizontal before touchdown.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Got even better at hands-free landing with RemoteTech (no connection) on Eve. Which includes managing parachutes, dropping the heat shield, running experiments at various stages of the landing...

All the which with the probe core facing the wrong way (so no MJ autolanding)

Before that, I went and landed the whole mother probe on Gilly (because THAT lander probe's core was also facing the wrong way).

Before heading to work, I got my first (this game) base landed at Minmus.

With all that I just unlocked the FuturePropulsion engines and the bigger deployable dish so now I'll be able to head off the Joolian system.

All and all, a good four hours spent.

Been engulfed in the RSS RO RVE world lately...:cool:

I sent two T-100 tugs in tandem to my new station. All I have so far is the core section.

xNC7Caz.png

After docking both T-100's I wanted to fix the inclination and altitude of my station using the tugs. I jettisoned the engine after conducting a short 4 minute burn. Circularized 420 km orbit

pMleqgH.png

03WacoW.png

I have Bill, Bob and Jeb in the station. They only had 3 weeks of supplies left. So I sent a supply ship up on the next launch window.

7ATrMuM.png

After a lazy 4 day rendezvous the supply ship safely docked.

GbdMR6r.png

In 4-6 weeks I will load it full of waste and deorbit the supply ship.

Edited by hellblazer

What's the parts pack for those lovely base modules? They look remarkably realistic...

FASA, NearFuture (Construction, Electrical, Props, Spacecraft), Chaka Monkey Exploration Odyssey, station parts expansion. As well I make all my fuel tanks with procedural parts.

To look the best I use planetshine, RSS, RO, RVE.