What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Hey all Kerby-O-Lics.

Didn't play much with my virtual dolls today.

But I when I did I got to play with a simulation of an IRSU equipped SSTO for Laythe.

Jondas says it's squirely mid-atmosphere but it gets better in the low tens and flies adequately.

http://i.imgur.com/Exu5rBi.png

http://i.imgur.com/wJ43mwZ.png

Not sure (Well quite sure it doesn't actually) if it has enough Delta-V to make the trip to Jool on it's own.

Might have it dock with the Jools Verne and they can travel together.

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

Needed to bring supplies down to the Iota Base and drop off another scientist for the lab.  Had plenty of fuel and crew + Life Support supplies on an orbital farm station, so away they went in the 5-man lander.  Gratian, Otho, and Gael in the background.

VfjGS0t.jpg

Coming in for one of those Hollywood landings at the base.  This is so satisfying to do.

JyEbmOC.jpg

The rover I brought before ended up finding a high concentration of ore in a new biome 600m away from the base.  EVA'd over to it to plant a flag, this is the return hop.

BeGZ7zE.jpg

The prototype Deliverance 2 Go Module was hijacked by the comms team.

screenshot180_zpspqbuzjxg.png

It lofted 4 Overkill 1 relays intended to sit in widely spaced orbits between Kerbin and Duna as a backup system for the future Duna effort.

screenshot183_zpsrzyxdl9l.png

Planning and Finance are currently fighting each other for the right to "have a word".

This has led to Val having to fly tourists to Mun and Minmus although a pair of scientists were shoehorned in to activate and check over the bases there. Both bases are functioning well and steadily building up snack supplies ready for full occupation.

Jeb meanwhile has lent his skills to the stalled Globetrotter project, after being refused permission to fit moar boosters he took out evaluation chassis for some test runs.

screenshot182_zpsvdi9qquw.png

However taking out a fully equipped example ran into problems....

screenshot184_zpsjradx6ok.png

Dumping the ore payload instantly solved the problem.

screenshot185_zps6gyegury.png

Further tests are planned with smaller ore tanks to determine a reasonable all up weight.

(1.1.3) Last Friday's session began with a final check of the Bullet Bill 7 probe. Despite the recent repair mission to slap an antenna on the craft post-launch, the game still did not credit me with the contract. Alas.

mEBbVzB.png
Bullet Bill 7, post repair. Still hoping to get some kind of profit on the thing later...

Since it was clear that a new launch would be required, Bullet Bill 7a was put on the launchpad and successfully shot into LKO. Naturally, the optimal Minmus transfer window for the craft is currently in shadow so there will be insufficient power for the ion engines to work, but I did go ahead and take the time to align the plane of the probe's orbit with Minmus (ascending node was on the sunny side of Kerbin). Ordinarily I wouldn't want to waste the delta-V, but in this case I know I have it to spare. I'll keep watching for a better transfer window to come up in a few days.

Meanwhile, I wanted to get my next expedition to the moons of Kerbin underway, with four tourists headed out that way, two recently press-ganged rescuees rookies in need of two-star training and two scientists at the Minmusport space station that needed a pick up. Scientist Irula Kerman, engineer Gersen Kerman and tourists Jaysef and Rodbas Kerman were loaded into an Auk IX passenger spaceplane and prepped for launch to the Kerbinport space station. I discovered that I'd failed to save the tweaks I'd made to the craft after its shakedown flight, so those were quickly re-affected before takeoff. The plane successfully arrived in LKO with no issues and a rendezvous burn with Kerbinport was affected. The plane is currently on schedule to arrive at Kerbinport in about 35 minutes; rendezvous and docking will be the first order of business during my next session, after which the four Kerbals will join tourists Neilby and Crisdia Kerman already (at the station) and head towards Minmus first. I should also have a rock to put into orbit soon unless I'm mistaken...

On 14/4/2017 at 10:18 PM, KerikBalm said:

I rescaled almost everything to 3x the size and 3x the SMA, Config details here:

Reveal hidden contents

// Base Settings

Resize = 3
    Rescale = 3
    Atmosphere = 1.5
    dayLengthMultiplier = 1.7320508076

// Advanced Settings

landscape = 1.5

[...]

(I think those mountains are too big)

mountains altitude is calculated multiplying the original altitude by Resize first and by lanscape second.

which means with your cfg the mountains are 3*1.5 times bigger than stock (4.5x)

if you wanted them to be 1.5x you would have to set landscape to 0.5 so that 3*0.5 = 1.5

21 hours ago, Tomato29 said:

okay I figured it out thanks to V8Jester's and Bornholio's helps

if your problem is having all the parts but they're wobbling and glitchy and things, then you need first to check if your autostruts are activated on InfernalRobotics parts (go to settings > gameplay > show advanced tweakables > return to your ship with not working robotic pieces > right click on IR pieces > check if autostrut is on > turn it off ) if it still does not work then that's because you use kerbal joint reinforcement, and you will need to download the latest-but-unstable dev build you can find here:

https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement

still doesn't work? then you have badly installed your infernal robotics folder. make sure to have every file into the "magicsmokeindustries" folder and if you're in 1.2.2. , check here if you have the most recent versions of IRobotics.

Unfortunately, I have already try everything you're talking about... I tried so many things that I have no more ideas... :( But I don't give up, I absolutely need this mod !

So... Today I'm gonna have another epic battle with my mods to make them work ! Here's the "baby" I'm working on (114x82x40 meters) :

YE2fD8F.jpg

It can VTOL, and weighs more than 11000 tons (but I use unlimited fuel this time) and has the fattest cargo bays you've ever seen. :) But... I can't open it without IR ! :mad:

Edited by Knacky

I DID IT! IDIDTIDIDITIDIDTIDIDIT! I DIID IT ! I LANDED THE LEM ON THE MOON!

QejnBL6.png

ktWtsJp.png

i should note that this is my second successful landing ever on the moon  , all unmanned. first one was a tiny probe (say a surveyor mix ) and no return nor manned missions were envisioned at the time , that was like some months ago.

And with this , if ALL goes really well , my next landing will be MANNED! my first manned mission to the moon!

and it'll carry a plaque of honour just for sal:wink:

I landed a low-tech rover on a lightly modded career game...and drove it for an hour...and completed half my contract...then KSP was closed by my room-mate...and that's the story of how I was kicked out of college.*

*Not really.

I made a Falcon 9 replica. The first stage is entirely reusable, and consists of a 3.75m core with 9 tweakscaled Vectors (the middle one is slightly larger than the rest). 

Ascent is reaching 20 kilometers at 45* on the navball, and continuing from there. I save roughly 2700 units of liquid fuel in each of the three tanks to perform a boost back burn and the landing burn.

For RTLS landings, I start my landing burn at 13km above ground level, using three engines for landing (the middle one alone barely has a TWR > 1, so using 3 is much easier).

The second stage is fairly standard, I disabled the reaction wheels and added RCS instead for realism. Works pretty well. 

Unfortunately no pics since they didn't save for some reason.  

Pics coming soonTM. :) 

Launched Ham the Chimp, Laika and a New scientist in my GPP Career.  Cleaned up most of the orbital science.  Pretty hard to get some of the shores biomes in GPP, still haven't found the "Volcano" biome.

First Design didn't take science well and re-entry speed was high, nearly pancaked instead of opening chutes because it was too streamlined.

eWv1lGW.pngKft0Xy6.png

Longer pod for science collection, Orbital telescope and dust sampler.

Cta8n6t.pngepikBxN.png

Had to tuck an extra small chute to reduce the velocity of landing. pod survived even without but I wanted something that will run unattended in Stage Recovery Mod.

pWJjf99.png

All the stages had <7m/s landing speeds and recovered easy, nearly 3k dV for orbital maneuvers.

Edited by Bornholio

Kerbalism! My new favorite mod! :)

This is a simple Duna mission for 4 Kerbals, where two will land on Duna and Ike, the other two stay in the mothership. The damn mothership is HUGE for such a simple mission. In the Kerbalism mod, Kerbals demand living space, tons of food, oxygen, water. See all those tiny stacked tanks between the orange tanks? Those are the food/water tanks. That's not fuel. The tiny radial tanks? Oxygen and nitrogen. Seems right to me. I stocked them for a 3 year trip.

QganCY0.jpg

Also, I don't have all parts unlocked yet, so it's a little improvised. No nukes, and no really big tanks yet. Also, no gigantor panels yet.

[Edit] I just noticed that the ship's name is visible (in the KER window). DIE 4K stands for the "Duna Ike Explorer, for 4 Kerbals". Thought it was pretty funny. * ducks*

Edited by Magzimum