What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I have asked for players on slower computers to try the mod and report performance on the GPP thread.  So far,  I only have one person testing and reporting. without SVE and scatterer I know it's no more performance hungry than stock.  It's the visual packs that slow things down.  I would say,  just try it.  You might be surprised :)

excellent. I will surely do it! a new way to experience ksp sounds fantastic! now i am using EVE with the sci high pack. if i were to install GPP with your version of EVE and sci high, do foresee any issues?

4 minutes ago, Leafbaron said:

excellent. I will surely do it! a new way to experience ksp sounds fantastic! now i am using EVE with the sci high pack. if i were to install GPP with your version of EVE and sci high, do foresee any issues?

Sci fi won't work with GPP unless the dev wants to make it work. It will take changing a lot in the cfgs. Mostly just names.  It wouldnt take too long to do it or be very hard..  Maybe you can ask him? 

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Sci fi won't work with GPP unless the dev wants to make it work. It will take changing a lot in the cfgs. Mostly just names.  It wouldnt take too long to do it or be very hard..  Maybe you can ask him? 

I will!, I would give it a go myself however, i don't know how to edit cfgs or what id be doing haha

I downloaded Stockalike Mk1 Open Cockpit and spent days building and flying progressively more absurd and improbable little planes.  Don't know why, but this is the most fun mod I've used in a long time!  Four new parts: cockpit, headrest, and two choices of windscreen  -

Rt7Iv7H.jpg

62rNwrR.jpg

KTfKZeD.jpg

VyQyB0k.jpg

FWpImke.jpg

DJDZmB7.jpg

ZmTkgBE.jpg

XVL6iRi.jpg

Qqm0XfZ.jpg

warning: some of these designs may kill pilots

Edited by fourfa

(1.1.3) It was back to business yesterday getting geared up to go to Duna. Having left her on the surface of Minmus a couple of days ago, the Old Bessie 7 fueling lander near the Deepwater Horizon refinery made its way back up to the Minmusport space station, returning successfully with sufficient fuel to refuel itself and every other craft still docked at Minmusport and still have about 70% in the refueling tank. So that whole trip down was probably unneeded as it turned out. Of course, some of that fuel would've been used to refuel the ore hauler Lewis and Clark once it returned to Minmusport, but until I can figure out how to upright the lander it's going to be a rather permanent addition to Deepwater Horizon.

The ore hauler Nostromo was dispatched from the Kerbinport space station to meet up with a stranded Auk VI ore delivery plane to offload as much of its cargo as possible as well as to impart some needed fuel for re-entry. the rendezvous went better than expected - Nostromo completed its mission and successfully returned to Kerbinport. I have yet to land the plane but will do so at the next opportunity. Meanwhile, Laggin' Dragon entered Mün's SOI and the Old Bessie lander assigned to the Munport space station was dispatched to the Piper Alpha refinery to get fuel for the ferry ship's return to Kerbin. I had a minor disaster happen to me here - Old Bessie landed 4.5 kilometers from the refinery with insufficient fuel to take off again - too far for KAS connections and too far to attempt to tow. The Dragon had a job to do, however, so as much fuel as could be spared was drained from the Dragon as well as from the Fireball 7a science lander docked at the station and transferred to the station's Spamcan 7a lander. Pilots Buremy and Lemsy Kerman, Engineer Danuna Kerman and Scientist Catxie Kerman were loaded aboard and sent town for flag-planting duties. Once that was finished, the quartet returned to Munport and transferred back to Laggin' Dragon. All remaining fuel was then pumped into the Dragon, enough to only get the tank up to 62.7% (said TAC). It turned out to be enough, though - Laggin' Dragon made a successful burn back to Kerbin and had sufficient fuel to affect a powered aerobraking maneuver and begin rendezvous operations with Kerbinport. A final approach did not occur yesterday because her sister ship Strange Cargo was returning to Kerbin from Minmus at approximately the same time. Strange Cargo is now in LKO and has also begun rendezvous operations. I intend to get both ships docked at Kerbinport later today - both crews will need to return to the surface to get their tickets punched, and Laggin' Dragon will need to be refueled and prepped to go to Duna.

Final thing that happened last night was the retrieval of Lemsy's pod from high retrograde Minmus orbit with a Bill Clinton 7b grabber probe. I will be returning said pod to Kerbin at the next opportunity, though it may be several days before the probe is finally in position for the return burn - I'd rather not have a repeat of the last BC mission to Minmus, which took three weeks to return due to a botched burn when the time came...

I'm also considering taking a contract to put an Auk IV probe delivery plane - which did its job and is now just waiting for me to have enough time to land it - into an adjusted orbit around Kerbin. On the one hand, it's a totally ridiculous contract. On the other, it's a totally ridiculous contract...

Launched a MicroSat M700 Survey Scanner... well the satellite is micro, not the payload.  The Scanner is enormous compared to anything attached to it.  Turns out Kerbin is an awful place to test ISRU - the highest ore concentration I saw was around 3.5%.  

I also designed and partially tested a new 2.5m Mun lander to drop another M700 MicroSat in orbit over Mun, grab a bit more science, and complete a "plant flag on Mun" contract.  1,750 m/s of dV in the Lander alone should ensure that it can get home safely without a Klaw rendezvous.  I am hoping to remove the M700 in the future and use this Lander for crew training.  The dV gained from removing the M700 should be enough to upgrade the design from "Mun landing and return" to "Mun and Minmus landing and return."

12 hours ago, Brownhair2 said:

Marker1.png

Why use landing gear though?  Why not use the spots and floods provided?  It would be a nothing job to drop a dozen of them (with a battery and solar panel) around KSC using a small rover.  Come to think of it, I really like that idea.  I'm going to illuminate the monolith tonight.  Maybe I'll add a beacon on the mountains too!  ... What would it take to make it rotate... hmmm.

Jeb and 3 tourists have made it to Mun orbit in one of my Would You Like CHEESE With That rockets. The booster stage (using asparagus) got my rocket all the way to Mun orbit, and the transfer stage, originally intended to inject me into Mun orbit, is now going to have to land with no landing gear! Why not decouple and use the intended lander stage to land, you say? Every little bit of fuel helps! Almost every time I launch a rocket, it never has the fuel to even get to orbit! So when I design a booster that can get me all the way to the Mun, I use it to my advantage.

PS; I can't figure out how to post screenshots right now, but I'll try to figure it out.

I flew around Kerbin 9 times in the not-so-creatively named Voyager X1.

I've put further work into my K-OS autopilot scripts, one of the latest being to get the plane to bank

, and thus change heading well. However, I think I did something backwards in it because when it turns in banks completely to 90 degrees (even though I thought I had limited it to 30 degrees), and then when it gets to the right heading it starts doing sideslip, with it banking 30 degrees to one side and yawing hard against it.

Made a display of various stats. It also screams at me with both text and a tone if I go too fast too low (it gets higher in pitch the faster I am and the closer I am to terrain. I might want to make that toggleable. It can get annoying to get extremely high pitch whines when I'm buzzing through the space center. Also I think I need to modify the atmospheric constants in the formula for density altitude, so that they are exact to relative to Kerbin, not Earth.

http://imgur.com/a/TpVKE (darnit can't seem to insert images right now

I've also been using K-OS to do something a bit unconventional: play music. It's kind of work intensive to code in all the notes, let alone begin to put dynamics and stuff, but I have some occasions in mind for which it will be fun.

1 hour ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

Jeb should get Gieco.

Because saving 15% on car rover insurance is always a great answer :wink:

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
Car insurance

So... Crewwed flight to LEO, then started a career and went suborbital on my first flight. However I did give myself some funds and science to start with. Then on my third launch made it into orbit.  Had to upgrade the VAB and launch pad. Also my orbit was retrograde but I luckily didn't run out of fuel. Really enjoying RSS so far!

Fire

After 4 long hours of small movements of a trackpad and a ton of loud music in my headphones on repeat, I finished my sketch:

Screen_Shot_2017-01-21_at_2.35.43_pm.png

It's a satellite approaching Asteroid Orbital, a screenshot I took ages ago.

4 minutes ago, Triop said:

-snip-

Epilepsy warning :confused:

Edited by AccidentsHappen

Construction of the Kermes mission (gee that's original...) in orbit is now compete!

WVKFS1f.jpg

If you haven't already guessed by the name, this is a Kerbin - Duna transport. The front half of the center structure is the transfer habitat, with greenhouse; provides for a crew of six. Towing behind that is the Duration Extension Module, consisting of an advanced recycler and expanded orbital living space: intended to be left in Duna orbit, as the transfer vehicle itself has enough habitat space for the trip back and forth but not the wait for the next launch window. Finally, the trailing bit is a lightweight, two-stage disposable lander geared to take one intrepid kerbal down to leave some boot prints on the Little Red Planet. His five crewmates will be very jealous (unless the lander doesn't work).