What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Dang this 25 like limit.  If i go anywhere but here and spread them around i'm perpetually out. @Triop If it is what you did today in KSP.....

I try and compress my sessions.  The anigifs help clean up 10-50 pics into one frame.  Otherwise my Imgur would explode and I'd have to answer are you a robot 50 times.

I failed to launch. Something not right with the nuclear turbines.

lU4txTr.png

Tested a space missile that uses a KSP-Interstellar ATILLA thruster and two conventional LFO rockets as backups. Using beamed power, the ATILLA thruster powered ship accelerates at over 3 Gs! While it is relatively short-ranged (~500 km) due to the fact that it's power source is beamed, it gets there very quickly.

DHBalop.png
I targeted a Corvette design as a target. It was a bit unrealistic considering the fact that it wasn't shooting or accelerating, but I did it to assess the damage. 

P4Jd37A.png

While I would note that the Corvette is quite poorly designed, the destruction caused to it would probably still cause major damage to a better designed ship.dr8x4tI.png

@NISSKEPCSIM Does a nice job of it, pretty and concise summary for fun quick read and then links a mission thread.

10 minutes ago, Triop said:

I know, but there is so much more I want to post...  Maybe I should open my own Lounge Cafe ^_^

Spam if your excited about it.  Boats and Trains and Planes.... maybe even a rocket now and then. /Smile    /engageSleepMode_ON

Edited by Bornholio

9 minutes ago, Bornholio said:

Spam if your excited about it.  Boats and Trains and Planes.... maybe even a rocket now and then. /Smile

You just made me realize this IS the Lounge Cafe, no need for a second one.

I'll do my spamming just here, thanks for clarifying ^_^

Edit: I'll see about the rockets :cool:

Edited by Triop

Hermes Munar Rescue! AKA Jeb & Bill's Excellent (Munar) Adventure

The KSCN Hermes Lander, which not long ago made history as the first kerbaled landing on the Mun, was in desperate need of rescue. While the landing itself was successful, flight engineers determined there wasn't sufficient delta-V remaining to achieve a stable Munar orbit, let alone a return to Kerbin.

Luckily, the KSC Munar Corps had a plan. Recently chartered to begin Munar operations for mining and refueling, the first craft was a Munar Drilling Truck (KSC MCDT-422) that had been in testing phases and was deemed ready for Munar surface operations.

Launch: This May Go Badly...

lGaLeye.png

But actually... Successful launch, and surprisingly stable during ascent! 

Taking a closer look at the KSC MCDT-422 vehicle, it sports four (4) mining drills and four (4) retractable radiators plus two (2) larger static radiators to maintain efficient cooling. It also includes two (2) Gigantor solar panels, plus dual 3000 eU capacitors which can quick-charge the rig. It has a small ore capacity, but over 5000 LFO capacity across its four (4) LFO tanks

N3gZ0yB.png

So far so good! Getting ready to drop the final Munar Transfer stage. 

ZoNmxKo.png

Success! KSC MCDT-422 is on the Mun.

The Munar Landing Frame worked surprisingly well. No problems during descent and touch down went off without a hitch. Unfortunately, during separation, the de-coupler ring from the frame shot right into the rear solar panel on the rover and knocked it clean off. Oh well, that's why we put TWO of these on there!

ncJepSN.png

Jeb...You're where? Oh, of course Bill's with you.

Remember how the title of this day was "Jeb & Bill's Excellent (Munar) Adventure"? Yeah, it was supposed to be a routine operation run by a couple of junior recruits who were sufficiently capable (ahem, expendable) for the task of going to the Mun in a new vehicle.

But wouldn't you know... Jeb couldn't resist commandeering the mission during final vehicle testing and adjustments right before launch. And of course Bill went with him. Needless to say, it was at exactly this point in the mission (see photo op below) that the KSC realized both Jeb AND Bill were on this mission.

Those crazy kerbals!

ci6dTuo.png

Jeb did his best to catch "air" off every crater rim, dune, hill, or random Mun rock he could find. To his credit, he did get it up to 24 m/s with some impressive aerial maneuvers to boot!

Liw7snm.png

Docked, drilling, and filling!

This worked surprisingly well, the crew was happy to report. With fueling complete, both Jeb and Bill transferred over to the Lander Section for a return trip to Kerbin (ascent launch not pictured).

r0bnjEP.png

The KSCN Hermes (Explorer KL-200) is ready for its next mission in a stable orbit around the Mun.

Unfortunately, while it was able to make orbit and adjust inclination well, the flight engineers have determined that the overall limited fuel capacity of this vessel design leaves it without enough delta-V for a Kerbin return transfer. 

So Jeb AND Bill are now parked in Munar orbit, awaiting the next KSC Munar Corps refueling operation. Or maybe they'll commandeer a Command Cruiser next time!

xwU7xxe.png

Ultimately, the Moho-class Exploration Lander program has seen success, despite limitations in terms of fuel capacity. The vehicle design specs are expected to be brought up at the next KSC Naval Review and you can bet design changes are in store.

Among them, the engineers are already contemplating a switch over to more efficient Nuclear Engines and reducing crew capacity. But on the bright side, the Lander/Drive section design works extremely well!

Edited by scottadges

It's gaming night in KSP 1.2.2, and after finishing some contracts for some needed cash, and exploring the country side,

I flew the Akron to the Kerbin's Heart Science Center:

o7aA2ol.png

VxsvQEk.png

hSH13N1.png

rH1oFnH.png

Sadly there's no fuel depot here, but I should be able to refuel at Lushlands. if not, I can start drilling...

Edited by Angel-125

A lot of management and correction burns happened today. Noteworthy was one of our nuclear tugs experiencing ... total protonic reversal? I didn't bother looking at the log, just wrote it off. Got a little jumpy about quicksaving before switching vessels though.

Aside from collecting a whole raft of science from all those Dres samples, which was used to unlock some better nuclear engines and fusion reactors, our Duna crew is finally all home. Next up we'll probably be launching a new tug using a closed-cycle gas core engine which will push the Laythe lander and probably a standard model lander with some extra fuel to Jool, then I'll send some crew to Dres to meet up with Klamath, which will transfer to Jool to use all the new toys after dropping off its supplies at the station. I'll likely have to push more supplies to Dres station but I have a bunch of tugs I know can handle the job.

slH9Uud.png

ncSdoMy.png

vAKQuDB.png

5 hours ago, Triop said:

Question: I'm posting a lot on this thread, if it is annoying let me know, maybe I should open my own daily's thread. :mellow:

The only thing that really annoys me in this thread are people not using spoiler tags for more than three images in a post. Otherwise, whatever, if you did it today it's on topic.

I did something... different, to say the least.

The Courier New News

Year 1, Day 62 (July 29th, 1964)

'Dyna-Soar' Completes Orbital Test Flight

By Glentrix Kerman

73CeE0e.jpg

Above: The Dyna-Soar shuttle 'Space Oddity' sits atop its booster rocket on the pad at the KSC.

Kerbal Space Centre: Only yesterday, on July 28th of the 1964th year (Year 1, Day 62), NASA's new re-usable space shuttle, the X-20 Dyna-Soar, nicknamed 'Space Oddity' by Wehrnand Kerman, the pilot of the shuttle during its suborbital flight last month, took to the skies once more, this time crewed by Jebediah Kerman, the first American in space, on an orbital test flight of the shuttle.

Read the rest of the story here!

8 minutes ago, Wrench Head said:

Heading out to setup a new FOB.

A lot of Kerbin movement today :lol:

1 hour into the mission, it will take 2 3 hours more.

dsD1432.png

RGM6O34.png

:ph34r:

Edited by Triop

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It's gaming night in KSP 1.2.2, and after finishing some contracts for some needed cash, and exploring the country side,

I flew the Akron to the Kerbin's Heart Science Center:

o7aA2ol.png

VxsvQEk.png

hSH13N1.png

rH1oFnH.png

Sadly there's no fuel depot here, but I should be able to refuel at Lushlands. if not, I can start drilling...

I don't say this lightly, but WHAT THE @#$% !?!?

That's awesome but what mods are those?!

-Jn-

Edited by JoeNapalm

17 hours ago, Jett_Quasar said:

I built an extremely cool rover, drove it to the top of a mountain and then jumped off! (and I got it all on video)

You can download the Dynamo! craft file on Kerbal-X HERE

- Jett

Looks like you're ready for Dakar 2018 early!