[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Thank you for the log file :cool:

Where did you download it? TACLS should not be listed as a "Non-DLL" mod, so it sounds like you are missing the .dll file.

[ModuleManager] compiling list of loaded mods...
Mod DLLs found:
Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.2.1 v2.2.1.0
Non-DLL mods added:
TacLifeSupport
Mods by directory (subdirs of GameData):
NASAmission
Squad
ThunderAerospace

Did you download from one of these links https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Download ?

Ahh.

You were correct.

I don't Remember where I got the files the first time but it must have been Jeb's Discount Webring.

Downloading from your location fixed it.

Cheers.

This might have been mentioned but this mod doesn't work well with warpunlocker because it doesn't account for the different timesteps warpunlocker uses and so it uses the stock timesteps which means that all resources deplete slower than they should for each timewarp speed. This seems like it would be simple to get working. I'm new to mods is there any file I can modify to get TAC to calculate accurately when using warpunlocker?

This seems like it would be simple to get working. I'm new to mods is there any file I can modify to get TAC to calculate accurately when using warpunlocker?

Yes... The dll ;)

You will need to track down where the incompatibility is, edit the source code, and recompile everything. If you are new to modding you are better off opening an issue on taranis' bug tracker.

Yes... The dll ;)

You will need to track down where the incompatibility is, edit the source code, and recompile everything. If you are new to modding you are better off opening an issue on taranis' bug tracker.

Aaah, don't you scare off the youths Ippo :sticktongue:

However, it may not be such an easy fix as you think, cwhiz. I quickly searched for WarpUnlocker and the source can't be the correct one, because well it wouldn't do anything. Are you using a different mod? This looks more current (haven't tested it though).

using System;
using UnityEngine;

namespace WarpUnlocker
{
[KSPAddon(KSPAddon.Startup.Flight, false)]
public class WarpUnlocker : MonoBehaviour
{
public void Start()
{

TimeWarp timeWarp = (TimeWarp)FindObjectOfType(typeof(TimeWarp));

/*for (int i = 0; i < timeWarp.warpRates.Length; i++)
timeWarp.warpRates[i] = (float)Math.Pow(10, i);*/

/*foreach (CelestialBody iCelestialBody in FlightGlobals.Bodies)
for (int i = 0; i < iCelestialBody.timeWarpAltitudeLimits.Length; i++)
iCelestialBody.timeWarpAltitudeLimits [i] = (float)(iCelestialBody.maxAtmosphereAltitude+iCelestialBody.timeWarpAltitudeLimits [i])/2;*/

/*foreach (CelestialBody iCelestialBody in FlightGlobals.Bodies)
for (int i = 0; i < iCelestialBody.timeWarpAltitudeLimits.Length; i++)
iCelestialBody.timeWarpAltitudeLimits [i] = 0;*/
}
}
}

Anyway, do you have problems with other consumptions as well? I can't imagine that Taranis would do anything out of the ordinary when consuming the resources.

I love this mod and have been playing with a slightly old version and 0.23.5 for my long term Laythe base missions - sending out and returning a 6ish man crew every transfer window, and maintaining a presence on Laythe orbit and surface of around 12 kerbals.

It has occurred to me that that the converters act as a means of boosting the capacity of a tank of water or oxygen, without offering much in the way of engineering trade-off choices. So the standard conversion rate is 90% (i.e. 100 wastewater -> 90 water). This means that a tank of water + a converter is equivalent to a tank 10 times the size (ie 100 units of water with a converter will provide 1000 units of water before the water has all been consumed.

Indeed in the general case the amount of water available varies based on the conversion rate as:

usableResource = takeSize/(1-conversionRate)

So a conversion rate of 50% gives twice the amount and a conversion rate of 99% gives 100 times the amount.

I think that there would be more interesting choices to make if different converters were available that differed not just by their capacity to convert, but their efficiency and mass. So a much more massive but more efficient converter might be the better choice as it would allow a smaller tank of water to be sent out with the craft. For long term missions this would provide genuine engineering choices rather than just slapping on a converter to keep things going. I know I can do all this for myself by editing the .cfg files, but wanted to share my thinking all the same.

Hi, I have a problem with TACLS 0.9. I have no resources on EVA. In 0.24.2 is everything ok. But because of some mods i play 0.23.5. In this version i have all ship resources but if i go on EVA the kebal have none only "EVA Fuel". I tested my instalation for compatibility issues with other mods. The clean install with only TACLS do the same thing. Ship resources ok, EVA resources not so much.

Will TACLS 0.9 be compatible with version 0.23.5. I quite like this mod and version 0.9 is huge improvement for my gameplay.

Thanks.

Edited by trash0551

Question for you all.

When is it advantageous to use the Sabatier or Water Splitter units instead of just running the Carbon Extractor? The Extractor has a very very good efficiency so why bother wasting water at all? Wouldn't it just be simpler to use the Carbon Extractor and add extra oxygen tanks?

Maybe the Extractor is too efficient/good? I kind of think it should take more energy as it is really easy to just run it non-stop.

Hi there. Great mod! I think I found a bug. Jeb died in a previous mission and respawned. Now whenever I use him, he dies of thirst instantantly as soon as I push the launch button. Here are some details.

He was originally sent up in a command pod, with a science lab capsule attached to a docking port. Both the docking port and science lab are modded parts from the station science mod. I detached the command pod with Jeb inside. The command pod crashed during a botched landing, sending Jeb to a fiery death. The science lab is still in orbit. According to the log file, it might look like TAC thinks Jeb is still connected to science lab. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Here is the log.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=216743776D45BA06%211846

Thanks

How does everyone go about calculating how much LS they need for a given mission?

I usually eyeball the amounts needed, erring heavily on the oversupply side. Haven't run out of anything on missions yet, but I know that day will come.

Question for you all.

When is it advantageous to use the Sabatier or Water Splitter units instead of just running the Carbon Extractor? The Extractor has a very very good efficiency so why bother wasting water at all? Wouldn't it just be simpler to use the Carbon Extractor and add extra oxygen tanks?

Maybe the Extractor is too efficient/good? I kind of think it should take more energy as it is really easy to just run it non-stop.

Higher energy use is a great way to balance out recyclers. I've upped the energy use on my greenhouses for 0.9 for exactly that reason - it makes the player think twice before slapping all life support devices on their station and running them non-stop.

Well say I'm doing an Eeloo land and return, Apollo style. Is there a way to make a closed loop LS system? One that replenishes itself? I know this is possible with ECLSS, but that mod has a third of the resources to deal with. So how would I go about that?

I'm getting a lag nuke if there is a version of ORS installed with prerelease 4

Your issue would not be TAC-LS, you probably are either mixing Pre-release and release versions of MKS/Karbonite, or did not clean out a folder somewhere.

Is it possible to only have one or two parts (in-line attach and radial attach) and allow the changing of size via tweakables? Right now, there are sheets and sheets of life support attachments, and this could be reduced to one or two parts by simply allowing the size and/or contents to be "tweakabled". In-line and radial attach mode could also be changed via tweakable, but there might be still two separate icons in the part list to eliminate one click).

What do you think?

Do you have ModuleManager installed?

yeah I checked and verified that it is installed, and also verified that the tac ls dll is in place.

What I seem to get is 0 resources showing in the capsule when I right click the context menu doesn't say anything about the LS resources and when I bring up the toolbar tool this is what I get:

FZ4ALGV.png

MM 2.2.1 is what I have in there right now.

Edited by positivewun

I'm getting an issue where it doesn't show the config menu when you load a game. I'm not sure if I installed it correctly. I put everything in: KSP/GameData/ThunderAerospace. It doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

I installed TAC. However, I have an old game and many ships on interplanetary orbits and I tried to switch TAC off by using Enable -button in configuration window. But it does not seem to work. Game reports lack of living stuff and kerbals die. How I should use it?

I made another copy of KSP-folder without TAC, so it does not prevent playing. But I want to know is it possible to disable TAC from old saves and enable it in new saves?

Hi there,

I'm using TACLS for a few weeks, but only on short trips. Eyeballing the needed LS amounts worked so far. Planning a longer trip now (~2yrs), so I tested a litte bit more than usual.

Is there a guideline for the consumption/conversion/waste production rates? After reading a few pages the converters seem to have 90% efficiency, so I guess an oxygen amount for 1000 days would actually be enough for 1900 days (edit: don't know the co2 ratio so not really 1900 :) ), but for how many kerbals? The wiki/tutorial on github isn't finished yet, but it would be nice to give at least some tips about the converter per kerbal ratio, so there isn't a question about this (probably every week) from newbies like me :)

It would be very nice if the LS overview would take active converters into account and increase the values accordingly, but I'm not a coder and don't know how complicated such an implementation would be.

Another question. Is it just me or does the (especially the large) oxygen container hold an unrealistic amount/mass for its size? The large food/water container weighs only a few t, whereas the normal oxygen one weighs about 26t. I only realised this after putting the large oxygen container on my ship, wondering why the TWR of my initial 200t craft dropped so drastically, realising I doubled my mass...

Also, what are you guys doing with the excess amount of waste? Since there is no conversion/recycling process for it you basically need the LS waste container only for the waste biproduct (if you convert the other products), so you theoretically would need multiple LS waste container only for one of the three biproducts (on long interplanetary missions). The kerbals seem to have no problem if the waste container is full, but thats to unrealistic (same with just dropping it via fuel balancer). How are you guys handling this?

Edited by Inchoately

Hi there,

I'm using TACLS for a few weeks, but only on short trips. Eyeballing the needed LS amounts worked so far. Planning a longer trip now (~2yrs), so I tested a litte bit more than usual.

Is there a guideline for the consumption/conversion/waste production rates? After reading a few pages the converters seem to have 90% efficiency, so I guess an oxygen amount for 1000 days would actually be enough for 1900 days (edit: don't know the co2 ratio so not really 1900 :) ), but for how many kerbals? The wiki/tutorial on github isn't finished yet, but it would be nice to give at least some tips about the converter per kerbal ratio, so there isn't a question about this (probably every week) from newbies like me :)

It would be very nice if the LS overview would take active converters into account and increase the values accordingly, but I'm not a coder and don't know how complicated such an implementation would be.

Another question. Is it just me or does the (especially the large) oxygen container hold an unrealistic amount/mass for its size? The large food/water container weighs only a few t, whereas the normal oxygen one weighs about 26t. I only realised this after putting the large oxygen container on my ship, wondering why the TWR of my initial 200t craft dropped so drastically, realising I doubled my mass...

Also, what are you guys doing with the excess amount of waste? Since there is no conversion/recycling process for it you basically need the LS waste container only for the waste biproduct (if you convert the other products), so you theoretically would need multiple LS waste container only for one of the three biproducts (on long interplanetary missions). The kerbals seem to have no problem if the waste container is full, but thats to unrealistic (same with just dropping it via fuel balancer). How are you guys handling this?

there are greenhouse mods out there also there are mods to add to kethane/kerbonite to allow u to mine water which u can convert into oxygen. if dont want to do any of those just send a seprate unmanned just before it for resupply around the planet.

Well, it isn't really that unrealistic. Pretty sure waste it routinely ejected into space. Why bother storing it? For realism sake you could add a part like the converters that takes waste and electricity and outputs nothing. To simulate zapping waste or something.