[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

16 hours ago, Torih said:

He posted a few weeks ago (just a couple of posts back) so I wouldn't assume its abandoned :)

:confused: I checked his last visit - November 2016 - but now I see post - how? Edited DB ? :confused:

• 1 month later...

Ok i have the P.M. mod and am trying to figure it out is there like a tutorial for it? If so where? If not how would i go about plotting a course for other bodies like say Mün or Minmus? I'd like the answer as simple as possible because though I'm smart I'm no rocket scientist, if possible please.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:29 AM, Shade Mourning said:

Ok i have the P.M. mod and am trying to figure it out is there like a tutorial for it? If so where? If not how would i go about plotting a course for other bodies like say Mün or Minmus? I'd like the answer as simple as possible because though I'm smart I'm no rocket scientist, if possible please.

Isn't really clear what you mean. P.M. to me translates to Precise Maneuver, which is actually a fork of Precise Node. Instructions for using PM are with the opening post in that thread, and there's very little to add. Similarly, all you need to use Precise Node is shown on the opening post in this thread.

It seems you are expecting these tools to set a trajectory for you, but that's a feature you may get from MechJeb, Astrogator, or similar autopilot add-ons. With Precise Node (or Precise Maneuver) you can easily modify already existing maneuver nodes to precisely set a burn, so to achieve very specific orbital parameters otherwise very hard to make in stock KSP. E.g., getting a R/V with anything (body, asteroid, vessel) with a minimum distance of 0.1 Km; or aiming exactly for a desired periapsis and inclination to a target body while setting up the ejection burn in a interplanetary transfer. Should add, doing such maneuvers by hand, with only help from Precise Node, is immensely more rewarding than using an autopilot.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, tea_bag97 said:

Hey guys, I've been looking for v1.2.3 for KSP 1.1.2 (hoping it's still compatible with 1.1.3) but I don't seem to be able to find it. Any advice?

Glad to have the possibility to help: I do keep past versions of add-ons I like stored and the BSD-2 license with this add-on allows redistribution if the copyright is retained (which is in the following file): Precise Node 1.2.3.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using the 1.2.2 beta of KSP, but am still getting the warning message about only version 1.2 being supported. I'd like to disable it, but the prescribed change doesn't seem to be working. My GameData\PreciseNode\plugins\PreciseNode.version file reads as follows:

{
	"NAME": "Precise Node",
	"URL": "https://www.blizzy.de/precise-node/PreciseNode.version",
	"DOWNLOAD": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/44129-110-precise-node-122-precisely-edit-your-maneuver-nodes/",
	"VERSION": {
		"MAJOR": 1,
		"MINOR": 2,
		"PATCH": 4,
		"BUILD": 0
	},
	"KSP_VERSION": {
		"PATCH": 0,
	},
	"KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
		"PATCH": 0,
	},
	"KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
		"PATCH": 99,
	}
}

1 hour ago, releansol said:

Is it only for me, that this Mod not working anymore correclty with KSP 1.3?

The window ist broken.and Show just a Small Icon

No pressure, no requirement, just as a question

It won't work with 1.3 without a recompile at the very least.

As you all may have noticed, I've moved on from KSP to doing other things. To keep this short, I've spoken to @linuxgurugamer and he agreed to take over Toolbar and Precise Node. He surely will post more information pretty soon. As for 1.3 compatibility, he says he is already working on getting things ready ("probably by Sunday at the latest".)

4 hours ago, blizzy78 said:

As you all may have noticed, I've moved on from KSP to doing other things. To keep this short, I've spoken to @linuxgurugamer and he agreed to take over Toolbar and Precise Node. He surely will post more information pretty soon. As for 1.3 compatibility, he says he is already working on getting things ready ("probably by Sunday at the latest".)

Till we meet again. 07

6 hours ago, blizzy78 said:

This is both terrible and great news. You've been and will continue to be missed, but it's nice to know this critical mod is in good hands.

I look forward to the day I find you on another game's modding forums.

6 hours ago, blizzy78 said:

@blizzy78 Thanks ever so much for your contributions - you have enhanced and enabled my recreational time with your work.  You gave happiness.

Edited by Murdabenne