blizzy78

[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

Recommended Posts

Blizzy was not seen since last November, so this mod is probably abandoned...

That's shame, great mod.

Only serious bug it have is "Clicks activate things under mod's window", but now no one can fix it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He posted a few weeks ago (just a couple of posts back) so I wouldn't assume its abandoned :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Torih said:

He posted a few weeks ago (just a couple of posts back) so I wouldn't assume its abandoned :)

:confused: I checked his last visit - November 2016 - but now I see post - how? Edited DB ? :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok i have the P.M. mod and am trying to figure it out is there like a tutorial for it? If so where? If not how would i go about plotting a course for other bodies like say Mün or Minmus? I'd like the answer as simple as possible because though I'm smart I'm no rocket scientist, if possible please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 1:29 AM, Shade Mourning said:

Ok i have the P.M. mod and am trying to figure it out is there like a tutorial for it? If so where? If not how would i go about plotting a course for other bodies like say Mün or Minmus? I'd like the answer as simple as possible because though I'm smart I'm no rocket scientist, if possible please.

Isn't really clear what you mean. P.M. to me translates to Precise Maneuver, which is actually a fork of Precise Node. Instructions for using PM are with the opening post in that thread, and there's very little to add. Similarly, all you need to use Precise Node is shown on the opening post in this thread.

It seems you are expecting these tools to set a trajectory for you, but that's a feature you may get from MechJeb, Astrogator, or similar autopilot add-ons. With Precise Node (or Precise Maneuver) you can easily modify already existing maneuver nodes to precisely set a burn, so to achieve very specific orbital parameters otherwise very hard to make in stock KSP. E.g., getting a R/V with anything (body, asteroid, vessel) with a minimum distance of 0.1 Km; or aiming exactly for a desired periapsis and inclination to a target body while setting up the ejection burn in a interplanetary transfer. Should add, doing such maneuvers by hand, with only help from Precise Node, is immensely more rewarding than using an autopilot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I've been looking for v1.2.3 for KSP 1.1.2 (hoping it's still compatible with 1.1.3) but I don't seem to be able to find it. Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tea_bag97 said:

Hey guys, I've been looking for v1.2.3 for KSP 1.1.2 (hoping it's still compatible with 1.1.3) but I don't seem to be able to find it. Any advice?

Glad to have the possibility to help: I do keep past versions of add-ons I like stored and the BSD-2 license with this add-on allows redistribution if the copyright is retained (which is in the following file): Precise Node 1.2.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using the 1.2.2 beta of KSP, but am still getting the warning message about only version 1.2 being supported. I'd like to disable it, but the prescribed change doesn't seem to be working. My GameData\PreciseNode\plugins\PreciseNode.version file reads as follows:

{
	"NAME": "Precise Node",
	"URL": "https://www.blizzy.de/precise-node/PreciseNode.version",
	"DOWNLOAD": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/44129-110-precise-node-122-precisely-edit-your-maneuver-nodes/",
	"VERSION": {
		"MAJOR": 1,
		"MINOR": 2,
		"PATCH": 4,
		"BUILD": 0
	},
	"KSP_VERSION": {
		"MAJOR": 1,
		"MINOR": 2,
		"PATCH": 0,
		"BUILD": 0
	},
	"KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
		"MAJOR": 1,
		"MINOR": 2,
		"PATCH": 0,
		"BUILD": 0
	},
	"KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
		"MAJOR": 1,
		"MINOR": 2,
		"PATCH": 99,
		"BUILD": 0
	}
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it only for me, that this Mod not working anymore correclty with KSP 1.3?

The window ist broken.and Show just a Small Icon

No pressure, no requirement, just as a question

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, releansol said:

Is it only for me, that this Mod not working anymore correclty with KSP 1.3?

The window ist broken.and Show just a Small Icon

No pressure, no requirement, just as a question

 

It won't work with 1.3 without a recompile at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you all may have noticed, I've moved on from KSP to doing other things. To keep this short, I've spoken to @linuxgurugamer and he agreed to take over Toolbar and Precise Node. He surely will post more information pretty soon. As for 1.3 compatibility, he says he is already working on getting things ready ("probably by Sunday at the latest".)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blizzy78 said:

As you all may have noticed, I've moved on from KSP to doing other things. To keep this short, I've spoken to @linuxgurugamer and he agreed to take over Toolbar and Precise Node. He surely will post more information pretty soon. As for 1.3 compatibility, he says he is already working on getting things ready ("probably by Sunday at the latest".)

Till we meet again. 07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blizzy78 said:

As you all may have noticed, I've moved on from KSP to doing other things. To keep this short, I've spoken to @linuxgurugamer and he agreed to take over Toolbar and Precise Node. He surely will post more information pretty soon. As for 1.3 compatibility, he says he is already working on getting things ready ("probably by Sunday at the latest".)

This is both terrible and great news. You've been and will continue to be missed, but it's nice to know this critical mod is in good hands.

I look forward to the day I find you on another game's modding forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, blizzy78 said:

As you all may have noticed, I've moved on from KSP to doing other things. To keep this short, I've spoken to @linuxgurugamer and he agreed to take over Toolbar and Precise Node. He surely will post more information pretty soon. As for 1.3 compatibility, he says he is already working on getting things ready ("probably by Sunday at the latest".)

@blizzy78 Thanks ever so much for your contributions - you have enhanced and enabled my recreational time with your work.  You gave happiness.

Edited by Murdabenne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Locked at OP request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Locked at OP request.

Was it though? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sneaky. I've re-requested to lock again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, not this again. :mad:

Locked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.