[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Have you considered making inflatable cargo units to hold logistics or inventory items only?

I like that idea, like maybe it functions like the SSPXr cargo parts, and it has no crew/ IVA capacity

11 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Just curious, what's up with what appears to be red dwarf lighting?

It's better to look at parts in numerous lighting situations to ensure that things look ok.

14 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Will the 'white paint' texture also be added to SSPXr Extras for the other parts, or will it only be avaliable for 1.875m station parts? Also, will the other parts' 'padded' textures be updated to match these better?

I'm not promising anything but I would like to make some changes.   

5 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Have you considered making inflatable cargo units to hold logistics or inventory items only?

No, I'd rather not deal with the buggy mess that is that feature. 

Haha, yeah I'm pretty happy. From top left, clockwise:

• 1.875 -> 1.25m adapter
  • 1.875 -> 1.25m flat adapter
  • 1.875 -> 0.625m adapter
  • 1.875m attach point
  • Short crew tube
  • Medium crew tube
  • Long crew tube
  • 2.5 -> 1.875m adapter
  • Science lab
  • Utility module

A couple interesting things to commit to in this update.

• I will be porting the new slightly off-white Mir-style thermal blanket art to the 1.25m part series
  • I will merge the SSPXMetal extras into the main mod
  • I will also build painted white texture for the 1.25m part series

I will probably regret this

unknown.png

37 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

Will those radiators radiate, even if just a little?

I feel like the radiators won’t actually do anything, in real life those radiators would only be useful for radiating the heat produced by the crew inside. However it probably wouldn’t be that hard to create a  patch to make them a system heat radiator if you really wanted. 

Also, absolutely stunning work @Nertea ! I can’t wait to be able to use these in game, I love 1.875m scale and it’s always great to have more options in that size. 

2 minutes ago, CDSlice said:

I feel like the radiators won’t actually do anything, in real life those radiators would only be useful for radiating the heat produced by the crew inside. However it probably wouldn’t be that hard to create a  patch to make them a system heat radiator if you really wanted. 

Also, absolutely stunning work @Nertea ! I can’t wait to be able to use these in game, I love 1.875m scale and it’s always great to have more options in that size. 

I mean the deployable radiators in stock KSP (especially with Restock) are clearly modeled after the ISS's radiators, so considering the ratio it could still happen. I was picturing like a 5 kW capacity or something small like that

1 hour ago, WarriorSabe said:

Will those radiators radiate, even if just a little?

Uh, if I modeled them as the ones in SH, they'd probably sit around 500-1000 W. Seems like too much overhead - realistically these are rejecting heat from life support and operations within the module.

8 hours ago, RedParadize said:

The PMA-3 looks like something that could have reaction wheels. As a utility module it would fit nicely.

I haven't even named things yet :P

Taking a small break to mess around with the inflatable textures

unknown.png

unknown.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.