[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Blown away by the new clouds (:D) aerobatics through the clouds is a revalation, , Please dont make it rain... I'm english and I hate rain, keep up the beyond good work, cant wait to see what comes next, Cheers

Correction: Make it rain, just don't make it England. :P

Correction: Make it rain, just don't make it England. :P
We don't need it to rain England... In fact I must insist this doesn't happen!

What about Snow at Christmas? Santa Kerman will be out delivering presents in his MechJeb guided sleigh...

First of all, this mod allows kerbal to be stunningly beautiful.

This change the immersion so much that it is a must have (as a mod, and as a stock feature)

I did tweak a bit the visual settings, so it might be slightly different, but look how beautiful this is !

2FD352D8C073A423F50C63F663441334026198B3

To be fair, my tweaking might have worsened the effect. I did change the two value with 24000 and 5 not really knowing what I was doing. I have the feeling that I have a bit more clouds, but ...

I also have a strange (but maybe normal) behaviour around the horizon.

26F4DB4161B1382204E6F8CA7648FD347BECD7A9

Is there any settings I can change to avoid having this blue/cloud circle ?

First of all, this mod allows kerbal to be stunningly beautiful.

This change the immersion so much that it is a must have (as a mod, and as a stock feature)

I did tweak a bit the visual settings, so it might be slightly different, but look how beautiful this is !

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/795191337286500854/2FD352D8C073A423F50C63F663441334026198B3/

To be fair, my tweaking might have worsened the effect. I did change the two value with 24000 and 5 not really knowing what I was doing. I have the feeling that I have a bit more clouds, but ...

I also have a strange (but maybe normal) behaviour around the horizon.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/795191337286506659/26F4DB4161B1382204E6F8CA7648FD347BECD7A9/

Is there any settings I can change to avoid having this blue/cloud circle ?

Nice! The horizon effect is always like that. I'm not sure what you mean about the circle you mention.

Nice! The horizon effect is always like that. I'm not sure what you mean about the circle you mention.

It doesn't render well in a picture, but in motion the horizon feel like a blue(ish) circle moving.

Not an issue, but it add a strange contrast with the marvellous clouds.

Hmm, whenever I stall this mod it crashed my game while loading. What could it be?

How many mods do you have? Either you installed it incorrectly (not likely) or you are running out of memory (quite likely. This is the problem for most people. KSP can only index up to 4Gb) Try my ATM mod in my signature.

How many mods do you have? Either you installed it incorrectly (not likely) or you are running out of memory (quite likely. This is the problem for most people. KSP can only index up to 4Gb) Try my ATM mod in my signature.

Those are 4b in the gamedata folder or as a whole?

Those are 4b in the gamedata folder or as a whole?

My whole ksp folder is 2,25 gb anyways. And I put both folders in the gamedata folder. Could it be incopatible with some other mod? I have all the same ones as in .23 though. And I didn't have any trouble then.

My whole ksp folder is 2,25 gb anyways. And I put both folders in the gamedata folder. Could it be incopatible with some other mod? I have all the same ones as in .23 though. And I didn't have any trouble then.

No, ram, not disk space.

Looks awesome but its a bit wonky with Real Solar System. The flat cloud layer is often invisible and doesn't match height with the volumetric clouds.

And I still don't know why. It should match, I added code that should re-size once at the space center.

First off. Congratulations on a absolutely fantastic mod! This makes the game look SO much better.

Now I'm sorry if people have mentioned this before. would it be possible to add atmosphere scattering (soft distance fog)

This is what I'm talking about:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/atmos/atmpic/bluesky.jpg

See how the hills in the distance look bluer the further away they are. it would give you a much better sense of scale.

I think Duna and Eve would really benefit from this.

I'm surprised this hasn't been added already.

Hmmm... looks like KSP's terrain shader actually does this! Go to the ground level, zoom out away from the mountains while staying close to sea level as possbile. They become blue with distance!

Yeah, right now the city lights are less than ideal. I'm working on replacing the terrain shader so we won't need an additional mesh.

While you're looking at the city lights, can I request that, if it's possible, you programatically cut the city lights off right at the shore? It'd be much easier to make coastal cities look good if they went right up to the water's edge. Even with an 8k texture, pixelization means you can either stop short of the water or have your city go out INTO the water.

I think the sky has received enough love for now. I'd like to fly over/splashdown in slightly better water. Really the only two things that bug me are the texture tiling that becomes evident as you get higher and the fact that the water is so transparent - I have two horizons while floating in the sea - the water line and the ground beneath it I can make out.

rbray, as you're messing with terrain shaders, can you add that request of mine a bit back re: city lights, such that there's an option for a day texture as well as a night texture? I.e. instead of making the city lights invisible during the day, make it show a daytime city detail texture instead.

It's amazingly immersion-breaking to be flying over NYC and it be all grassland/forests...