[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

How many more hamburgers do I need to buy you rBray? =)

I'd like to provide any testing help you may need. I want to get a vidcast of my MSL delivery mission done soon but am seeing too many artifacts and little oddities with my 64 bit 24.2 setup.

Holler at me on #kspmodders if you'd like my help in testing.

:) I've been buying KSP gift codes for people with donations. Right now, there isn't much that can be done I'm afraid. I'm knee-deep in real-life commitments, and don't have any spare time for anything else. It will get better, but not for a couple weeks I'm afraid. I'm really sorry guys.

Great mod!

Quick question to anybody.

I notice in a lot of config packs, people achieve a "haze" around atmosphere-less moons and planets that fades when you get closer (And also makes really great looking terminators).

When I've tried to make a haze, it appears as a single cut off point in space, that you spaceship passes through (looks kind of bad).

bf520d513d.jpg

Just wondering if anybody can offer a quick tip on how to get the "haze" look.

hi i'am totally new to this mode and did a search on the forums but i just cant find the fix for

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

i get that every time i enter the game or when i go to space center no crashes occurred but it does spam the log and will eventually crash when using a lot of mods is there a solution to this?

Clever people says, that you need to delete BoulderCo folder :)

How many more hamburgers do I need to buy you rBray? =)

I'd like to provide any testing help you may need. I want to get a vidcast of my MSL delivery mission done soon but am seeing too many artifacts and little oddities with my 64 bit 24.2 setup.

Holler at me on #kspmodders if you'd like my help in testing.

Me too, and for these reasons also, if there's anyway I can help test, if you don't have time or something, please let me know!

:) I've been buying KSP gift codes for people with donations. Right now, there isn't much that can be done I'm afraid. I'm knee-deep in real-life commitments, and don't have any spare time for anything else. It will get better, but not for a couple weeks I'm afraid. I'm really sorry guys.

Bro, I'm still enjoying the heck out of the old, old, old version of the mod. And I couldn't even begin to express how much your mods (ActiveTextureManagement, especially) have enhanced my KSP experience.

There's absolutely no need to apologize. The new stuff looks freakin' amazing and I'm 100% certain will be worth the wait. Take your time, and many, many, many thanks!

hi i'am totally new to this mode and did a search on the forums but i just cant find the fix for

i get that every time i enter the game or when i go to space center no crashes occurred but it does spam the log and will eventually crash when using a lot of mods is there a solution to this?

I too am getting a number of these in my KSP.log file, all related to the clouds situation.

So far as I know there isn't a fix for this.

Edit Update : It was necessary to delete both the Boulder Co and EvE folders in GameData to get rid of the NullReferenceException instances. Doing this resulted in zero NREs during subsequent testing. Conclusion : the Eve pack and Clouds.dll need some kind of update for 0.24.2 KSP compatibility.

If you play with a number of mods, the quantity of NREs here will slow your game down to a crawl, even with texture reduction, and even with a hot computer.

Until the fix is in, I will have to uninstall the entire set of visual enhancements provided by Astronomer - while these are quite beautiful and add a bunch to the game, I simply can't abide 3 or 4 FPS due to the NREs imposed by the EVE/Oblivion set.

Edit Update : Deleted the BoulderCo and EvE folders from GameData resulted in zero NullReferenceExceptions in subsequent testing.

Edited by KerTrotsky

I too am getting a number of these in my KSP.log file, all related to the clouds situation.

So far as I know there isn't a fix for this.

Edit Update : It was necessary to delete both the Boulder Co and EvE folders in GameData to get rid of the NullReferenceException instances. Doing this resulted in zero NREs during subsequent testing. Conclusion : the Eve pack and Clouds.dll need some kind of update for 0.24.2 KSP compatibility.

If you play with a number of mods, the quantity of NREs here will slow your game down to a crawl, even with texture reduction, and even with a hot computer.

Until the fix is in, I will have to uninstall the entire set of visual enhancements provided by Astronomer - while these are quite beautiful and add a bunch to the game, I simply can't abide 3 or 4 FPS due to the NREs imposed by the EVE/Oblivion set.

Edit Update : Deleted the BoulderCo and EvE folders from GameData resulted in zero NullReferenceExceptions in subsequent testing.

Dang... OK. Well I guess I should try and find time to tackle this. I think I know where it is coming from.

Hey rbray89, I had finally some time to look into the new release (6-6). Good work around the poles! Here are a few issues/suggestions I still have:

you can get my corrected cloud layer at http://ster.kuleuven.be/~peterp/KSP/8kNASAprocessed.png (pixel level errors cleaned up, and a slight scaling) - although you will need to turn this PNG into a tga with alpha, but since you did that with the original Blue marble image, that can not be a big problem for you I guess :)

Is there any chance someone has this already converted into tga and would let me have a copy? I can't get this converted larger than half size right now.

How do I install the dev 9-2 version? There are many folders that accompany GameData. CityLights, Clouds, EveManager, PQSManager, Terrain, Utils then some other files. Do these folders and files go into the KSP folder along side the application? Or All into gamedata overwriting in place of the 7-4 ones? Im trying to use pingopete's RSS Visual Enhancement.

Edited by Motokid600

IIRC the Overhaul 9-2 download includes all the source files as well, which aren't relevant to you. All the files required for installation are in the GameData folder - just drop the BoulderCo and EVE folders into your GameData. I'd also say a clean install (ie manually deleting the EVE folder and everything inside BoulderCo bar the ATM configs folder prior to installing) would be a good idea.

Is there, or can you add, a way to make a layer fade in and out over time, say over 30-120 seconds? That would make the aurora effects such as from "Better Atmospheres" much more aesthetic. Static auroras are somehow disturbing to me... :-)

"I'm running KSP on a Mac and it looks all weird and has splits and stuff.

You will have to use Low-res. Macs don't support the 8K textures." well where is the low-res stuff. i can find the high-res but not low-res. help?:mad:

Just got into adding mods, but have been checking mods individually, (not super in depth each in game though)... however I have found a conflict between BoulderCo and EVE, that at the end of the loading screen the game crashes to desktop. This is from the output_log.txt

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!

Trying to allocate: 178956972B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete

Allocation happend at: Line:0 in Overloaded New[]

Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 517507550B | peak: 0B | reserved: 546189039B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 663545035B | peak: 0B | reserved: 686455698B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 3672B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 7300B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4194304B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 194364B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B

Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!

Trying to allocate: 178956972B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete

Allocation happend at: Line:0 in Overloaded New[]

Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 517507550B | peak: 0B | reserved: 546189039B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 663545035B | peak: 0B | reserved: 686455698B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 3672B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 7300B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4194304B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 194364B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B

(Filename: Line: 909)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=677 w=8192 h=4096 mips=14 d3dfmt=21 [out of memory]

Crash!!!

AND, this is from the error.txt

KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module KSP.exe at 0023:017fd554.

Error occurred at 2014-09-30_212220.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Cushaway.

67% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [2658 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [423 MB free].

Read from location 00007ffc caused an access violation.

The mods I have installed are when I crash:

BoulderCo

Chatterer

Deadly Reentry

Distant Objects

Engineer

Enviromental Visual Enhancements

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kethane

Kitoppia Space

KW Rocketry

Lionhead Aerospace Inc

MP_Nazari

NASA Mission

Oblivion Aerospace

Open Resource System

ORS Resource Pack

Procedural Fairings

Real Chute

Smoke Screen

Squad

Texture Replacer

Thunder Aerospace

Treeloader

Module Manager 2.3.5

HELP PLEASE :blush:

A conflict between ATM and EVE is unlikely since they're both by the same author. But you are seeing an out-of-memory error. Make sure all of the ATM configs under BoulderCo are still there. Since both mods have folders that go under BoulderCo it's easier to goof up. If the ATM configs are all there, try dropping down to the lower-res EVE textures.

One way of improving the detail textures is by placing two or more layers of clouds on top of each other with different velocities for the detail textures but the same velocity for the main texture.

Anyways I been playing around with sandstorms on Duna, here what I got so far:

http://www.filedropper.com/rollingduststormsonduna

Just copy the zipped cloud folder on top of the one in BoulderCo folder. All I did was create a texture for the sand/dust storms, I made 4 layers with this texture having the same velocity, layers are at 125, 1325, 2525, 3725 meters and go from 0-75% transparency. So the higher you are the more transparent the sandstorm.

Next up more complex clouds on Eve.

Is this hosted anywhere else? I'm not keen on installing 3rd party downloader/installer/uninstaller software.