[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I need help. When I install this mod, clouds cover kerbin. I am using KSP 1.0.4 any help would be appreciated.

Should have clouds around kerbin lol sorry that was just to funny my bad picture of problem might help ?

Very sorry, sure this has been asked before but I can't find it. How do I fix the dark side cloud texture shown here:

http://i.imgur.com/8vle7mq.png

Anyone else noticing an issue where the detail texture appears everywhere on the planet, rather than just where the overall texture is? I've been using a KSPRC/Astronomer's hybrid, and the snow config coats the entire planet in fog.

I believe these may describe the same problem and in my case at least, I've narrowed it down to a conflict with Distant Object Enhancement because removing DOE corrected the problem. My workaround was to delete the detail_texture block from the citylights.cfg file in the BoulderCo\CityLights directory. My config file now looks like this:

CITY_LIGHTS
{
altitude = 100
fadeDistance = 0
pqsFadeDistance = 500
main_texture
{
file = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/main
offset
{
x = 0
y = 0
}
}
}

This looks okay from a distance, but obviously you lose the detal texture up close:

19831070135_c7cfc04da7_z.jpg

19210161413_db90cd81d7_z.jpg

is there a way to disable the clouds on some planets? I have some on the mon :(

My first guess would be that you are using Astronomer's Dust, it adds a layer of fog on the Mun. You can edit any of the CFG files in BoulderCo\Clouds\ and delete what you do not want, just make sure you remove everything from and including "CLOUD_LAYER{" to the corresponding "}" that precedes the next CLOUD_LAYER item. You can search for "body = Mun" to find where it has the clouds added.

On a separate note: Does anyone know how to increase the distance for when the volumetric clouds will pop in or out? Currently for areas that only use volumetric clouds it is like a disc of clouds that just follows my vessel and when descending toward them I can see a clear edge where there are no volumetric clouds at all. On Kerbin where there are non volumetric mixed in this isn't as noticeable, but if I can increase the distance these changes occur I would like to.

EDIT: Added image

TbrVDVO.jpg

It is like a carpet that floats along beneath me, though often 1/3rd or so of what is closest to me isn't rendered in and will pop in or out so it is frequently an incomplete pie shape below me.

Edited by Tynrael
Added example image

My first guess would be that you are using Astronomer's Dust, it adds a layer of fog on the Mun. You can edit any of the CFG files in BoulderCo\Clouds\ and delete what you do not want, just make sure you remove everything from and including "CLOUD_LAYER{" to the corresponding "}" that precedes the next CLOUD_LAYER item. You can search for "body = Mun" to find where it has the clouds added.

Yes, I do use astronomers Dust. Thank you, I wuill try this, and will report.

Do you mean that the clouds/city lights do not appear when using RSS, or that they are glitched? If they do not exist, then you should take a look at the cloudLayer.cfg (BoulderCo\Clouds\cloadLayer.cfg). Since RSS changes the names of planets and moons, you would need to change the name of each "body" to that of what is in RSS (E.g. body=Duna should be changed to body=Mars). Also, change any data related to height and scaling of clouds and city textures if needed.

Is this working with 1.0.4? I have a brand new fresh 1.0.4 install and all I have loaded is ATM (normal), TextureReplacer (default), and EVE 7-4 (hi-res) and when the game starts first thing I notice is I see NO ATM messages where I would expect it to be optimizing textures. Then when I select new game I get no flags (it's just blank). Finally, when I start the game there are NO clouds or visual enhancements at all???

WWWWW TTTT FFFF?

Is this working with 1.0.4? I have a brand new fresh 1.0.4 install and all I have loaded is ATM (normal), TextureReplacer (default), and EVE 7-4 (hi-res) and when the game starts first thing I notice is I see NO ATM messages where I would expect it to be optimizing textures. Then when I select new game I get no flags (it's just blank). Finally, when I start the game there are NO clouds or visual enhancements at all???

WWWWW TTTT FFFF?

It works 100% great with 1.0.4 - I even made a custom cloud pack specifically for 1.0.4! Link to it in my description if you're curious :P

- I don't use ATM but it has no compatibility issues that I know of... I've had that no flag glitch before but it was a stock bug for me. Happened a few versions back. I suggest getting a fresh install (re-download if you didn't keep the zip handy) and reinstall your visual mods. It's what I always do when I get an unusual glitch :P.

Best of luck!

WWWWW TTTT FFFF?

If you've upgraded from 0.90 then you should just copy the EVE folders into your new install. I've been using the same folders I installed from 0.24 and it's worked perfectly for every version hence

It works 100% great with 1.0.4 - I even made a custom cloud pack specifically for 1.0.4! Link to it in my description if you're curious :P

- I don't use ATM but it has no compatibility issues that I know of... I've had that no flag glitch before but it was a stock bug for me. Happened a few versions back. I suggest getting a fresh install (re-download if you didn't keep the zip handy) and reinstall your visual mods. It's what I always do when I get an unusual glitch :P.

Best of luck!

It turned out to ATM causing the issues. I removed ATM and al the texture issues (well almost all) cleared up.

However, I am now getting odd textures on the shadow side of the planet. I have seen this before but I cannot remember what was needed to fix it and with 474 pages of posts I was not able to find the needle in the hay stack on how to fix it. I'll post a screen shot of the like pixelated ghosted grey I get on the entire dark side of the planet.

How to install Astronomer's Visual Pack V2: Works with 1.0.4

Download Astronomer's Visual Pack V2 and only have one ModuleManager inside the GameData folder. Newest is 2.6.6 - If the mod came with a older one don't use it.

In 1st Step - Install necessary mods -

Install PlanetShine

• As you know PlanetShine has not been updated but install anyways. No issues I've seen yet...and you will get a message when you load KSP about it being outdated. Disregard

Install TextureReplacer

Install EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

1. I don't use the CityLights option (looks terrible, glitchy, and buggy). Delete the CityLights folder inside BoulderCo.
  2. Delete the CityLights .dll inside the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins folder.

In 2nd Step - Volumetric Clouds

I use the 512 Higher Resolution one. No issues. (only pick one option)

1. Open folders until your past the game data folder one level. Then copy and paste inside the GameData folder. Merge and replace any files.

In 3rd Step - Core Mod

1. Open folders until your past the game data folder one level. Then copy and paste inside the GameData folder. Merge and replace any files.

In 4th Step - Optional Features

Inside the Essential Features folder

Open folders until your past the game data folder one level. Then copy and paste inside the GameData folder. Merge and replace any files. Work your way down 1-9

1. Atmospheric Scattering - I use More option
  2. I personally don't like the Lens Flare - (I skip that option)
  3. Sandstorms and Surface Dust - (install no additional options)
  4. Snow - (install no additional options)
  5. Surface Glow - (install no additional options)
  6. Distant Object
  7. Do not use Auroras (causes crashes)
  8. Clouds for Eve and Jool - 2K only (if not it may cause crashes)

After you get that done:

1. Back up your BoulderCo and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folders inside the GameData folder.
  2. Copy and paste the folders outside of KSP.

This is so you if you add the Extra Features and don't like the changes. You can quickly delete the BoulderCo and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folders and replace with the master copies. I personally don't install any of the Extra Features.

Skyboxes

I use Astronomers Skyboxes - Interstellar: Blue-Green HD (4096x6) which is included with the download from Astronomer's Visual Pack V2.

Important: install newest version of TextureReplacer before.

1. After opening Astronomers Skyboxes - Interstellar: Blue-Green HD (4096x6).
  2. Manually open folders until your past the game data folder one level.
  3. Then copy and paste TextureReplacer folder inside the GameData folder .
  4. Merge and replace any files with the already installed TextureReplacer.

I like the SCART91-TexturePack for TextureReplacer. As well I only play RSS (RO). I have lots of mods installed.

If it crashes you will need:Active Texture Management

or

Use the

Hope this helps.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Here is what I am seeing can any help me to fix this?

I am running on a gtx 780 with -force-opengl and I have EVE and TextureReplacer installed.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ctbram/ksp%20bugs/screenshot0_zpsaxbo1jz1.png

I think I have managed to fix this problem. This got me halfway there:

From memory, that's a result of the city lights png file loading incorrectly. The fix was to convert it to png manually or use ATM. That was pre-1.0 though so ¯\(ツ)/¯

Take the texture "detail.tga" in the GameData\BoulderCo\CityLights folder and use whatever image editing tool you have available to convert it to .png file format and save it in the same directory but with a different name (I called mine "detail_city.tga"). Then, open the citylights.cfg file with a text editor and change the line file = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detail to whatever you named the detail texture (e.g. "file = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detail_city"). Finally, delete the original "detail.tga" file.

So far, this seems to be working for me.

Edit: After further experimentation, I've discovered it's not necessary to convert the .tga to a .png, and in fact leaving it as a .tga looks better. You only need to change the name of the detail texture file and reference in the config file.

Edited by JetJaguar

Okay, I did a search through the thread and found this question asked a few times but nobody really answered it.

How is the cloud speed calculated? The values given in the config/UI are setup like: 3E-5 or so. How does this relate to, let's say, m/s? Is it .00003% of the rotational period? Is it .00003 meters per second? Does it really not have any correlation to speed and is just an arbitrary number?

EDIT: So I changed Kerbin's clouds to a speed of 1. They ZOOMED across the planet but I am assuming that 1 = radius of planet in one second. So the entire cloud image rotates on revolution per second.

So judging by my default value of 2.5e-5, that would mean the image rotates over 0.000025 percent of the planet in one second? In Kerbin's case, 15 meters per second?

Edited by -ctn-

Okay, I did a search through the thread and found this question asked a few times but nobody really answered it.

How is the cloud speed calculated? The values given in the config/UI are setup like: 3E-5 or so. How does this relate to, let's say, m/s? Is it .00003% of the rotational period? Is it .00003 meters per second? Does it really not have any correlation to speed and is just an arbitrary number?

EDIT: So I changed Kerbin's clouds to a speed of 1. They ZOOMED across the planet but I am assuming that 1 = radius of planet in one second. So the entire cloud image rotates on revolution per second.

So judging by my default value of 2.5e-5, that would mean the image rotates over 0.000025 percent of the planet in one second? In Kerbin's case, 15 meters per second?

I would love to know this too. XD

So taking into account the planet radius / altitude of the clouds, one can estimate the meter-per-second rotation of the clouds...? I think I did that right. lol.

I think I have managed to fix this problem. This got me halfway there:

Take the texture "detail.tga" in the GameData\BoulderCo\CityLights folder and use whatever image editing tool you have available to convert it to .png file format and save it in the same directory but with a different name (I called mine "detail_city.png"). Then, open the citylights.cfg file with a text editor and change the line file = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detail to whatever you named the detail texture (e.g. "file = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detail_city"). Finally, delete the original "detail.tga" file.

So far, this seems to be working for me.

Okay, after further investigation I've found that it is not necessary to convert the .tga texture to a .png, just to rename it. In fact, the .tga version looks better. So, I believe this is due to a naming conflict with something else (perhaps in the Distant Object Enhancement mod, because removing that mod also fixes the problem for me).

Okay, after further investigation I've found that it is not necessary to convert the .tga texture to a .png, just to rename it. In fact, the .tga version looks better. So, I believe this is due to a naming conflict with something else (perhaps in the Distant Object Enhancement mod, because removing that mod also fixes the problem for me).

Thanks for the tip, seems to work fine. I had the bug too, but do not use Distant Object Enhancement mod. Could be another combination of mods though.