[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

About 6950/t of RocketParts (base cost is 2000/t) without StageRecovery. Not bad (wow at with). Is that with or without FAR? (NEAR counts as FAR for this).

Booster is 3750 DV (using FAR), but final stage has about 1400 DV, so would also work with stock but would not have as much cross-range capability in LKO. 6x Mainsail to get off the pad, final stage is 1x Mainsail. Mass of final stage is about 115t of which 72t is RocketParts.

Note: Parachutes for StageRecovery add maybe 45-60k in cost for the booster stage.

I'm again having some major weirdness. I built a ship in orbit using the orbital construction dock thingy and this happened:

elp_20150331.jpg

Two things:

1. That is a single vessel according to KSP. It's still attached to the orbital construction dock.
  2. I did not design the ship to look like that. It's all stacked up in a nice line (except the pylons, they're radially attached).

Here's my output_log if it helps.

I'm again having some major weirdness. I built a ship in orbit using the orbital construction dock thingy and this happened:

http://pulpaudio.com/ksp/elp_20150331.jpg

Two things:

1. That is a single vessel according to KSP. It's still attached to the orbital construction dock.
  2. I did not design the ship to look like that. It's all stacked up in a nice line (except the pylons, they're radially attached).

Here's my output_log if it helps.

*spots a KIS container*

I wonder if that's related to KIS (the bug, not the container)? Does it happen without the container and mount on there?

I too suspect KIS. I haven't had a chance to look into EL+KIS yet, but I'm certain there will be plenty of things for me to fix, once I get over this funk (by getting a few early nights for a change).

- - - Updated - - -

There's a new KIS out. Might be worth seeing if it improves anything.

There shouldn't be any need to remove KIS, just the parts in question (since it was a module OnStart that I suspected), so that leaves us with "hrm, what's going on?".

5thHorseman: can you test some more and check for exceptions? If any show in the log window, I'd like the see the log file.

I rebuilt the ship and it works now. One thing I haven't tried is stuffing some KIS parts in the seats of the craft. Is it possible that the OnStart woudln't run if there were no parts in the slots? I don't know enough (read: anything) about the process but it seems to me that it'd probably run in any case. Maybe the craft was just wonky for some reason.

Sadly it's quite a pain to test as I have to wait 8+ days and the station orbits low enough that I can only warp 1000x Jumping back and forth to the space center is possible but it adds to the rigamarole, and I'm all out of "rigamarole time" for the time being :D Did the log I provided earlier not have any tasty tidbits in it?

5thHorseman: sorry, I didn't notice the log. Fatigue and I was in a bit of a rush (early morning preps for going to work).

Rebuilt and it worked... did you use the reroot tool at all in the first build?

The log does have an exception in EL's build sequence... from Kerbal Engineer.

KerbalEngineer -> Array index is out of range.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

KerbalEngineer -> at MapSO.GetPixelColor (Int32 x, Int32 y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MapSO.GetPixelColor (Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CBAttributeMapSO.GetAtt (Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScienceUtil.GetExperimentBiome (.CelestialBody body, Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Surface.ImpactProcessor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalEngineer.Flight.FlightEngineerCore.UpdateModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm not sure that would cause the problem, though, as no KSP functions are below Kerbal Engineer in the stack trace. Also, you said that you rebuilt the ship and it works now...

Edit/delete the EL_Config.cfg file in the Kolonization folder. Just note that I do this because MKS uses a very different production chain than stock EL, and because of VAB icon zoom bugginess because of a lack of Kethane.

Also - Taniwha did you decide what you're doing (if anything) WRT the Ore resource now that that name is being used for a stock one in 1.0?

RoverDude: I need to see what it's like before I actually decide, but I might go for IronOre or even be more specific with things like Hematite (which is, actually, something I've wanted to do for a long time anyway).

smjjames: you'll be pleased to know I'm working on KIS integration (not simple due to containers and wanting to get build resources correct). I haven't messed with KIS-placed/removed stakes yet, but I have fixed a launch clamp bug.

Edit/delete the EL_Config.cfg file in the Kolonization folder. Just note that I do this because MKS uses a very different production chain than stock EL, and because of VAB icon zoom bugginess because of a lack of Kethane.

Also - Taniwha did you decide what you're doing (if anything) WRT the Ore resource now that that name is being used for a stock one in 1.0?

I've been having an on-going issue with EPL that I have not been able to work out... When I right click on any of the launch pads there is no "Show UI" option. I also have Blizzy's toolbar and no EPL option appears.

You cannot build a ship using the launch pads without that UI, how do I enable it?

I cannot seem to build with stakes because I cant seem to open the EPL UI once im in eva. I have blizzy's toolbar installed and I do get the EL build window in the toolbar, but clicking it does nothing. Nor does it seem that clicking any of the other buttons seem to work. Could you please tell me ow to fix because I have the Civilian management installed and i would like to build some duna bases.

You two have similar problems but I believe they have different causes.

I've been having an on-going issue with EPL that I have not been able to work out... When I right click on any of the launch pads there is no "Show UI" option. I also have Blizzy's toolbar and no EPL option appears.

You cannot build a ship using the launch pads without that UI, how do I enable it?

I don't know what your problem is, sorry :( Hopefully taniwah can help.

I cannot seem to build with stakes because I cant seem to open the EPL UI once im in eva. I have blizzy's toolbar installed and I do get the EL build window in the toolbar, but clicking it does nothing. Nor does it seem that clicking any of the other buttons seem to work. Could you please tell me ow to fix because I have the Civilian management installed and i would like to build some duna bases.

You can't just open the window, you must be controlling a vessel with a Rocket Workshop or some other thing that can actually construct rockets. The big blue thing, for example, or the orbital dock. There may be others but those are the two I know work offhand.

You two have similar problems but I believe they have different causes.

You can't just open the window, you must be controlling a vessel with a Rocket Workshop or some other thing that can actually construct rockets. The big blue thing, for example, or the orbital dock. There may be others but those are the two I know work offhand.

Thank you very much. So I attached the survey station but it cant seem to find the stake that i have placed. Anything I build will spawn inside my rocket.

Note: Is there some sort of wiki for this mod? Ive spent two days trying to figure out how to use these stakes :(

EDIT: ​Nvm restarted game and works fine now. But a wiki would be nice.

Edited by HQi88
Fixed plz ignore