[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Plans...

First, Kethane support will not be going away: I far prefer its mechanic for scanning. The kethane map overlay over top of the stock overlay looks rather neat, actually.

EL will get stock integration, but it will not mine Ore. I have renamed EL's resource to MetalOre. This will break people's saves (if migrating), but a simple search and replace for Ore->MetalOre should do the trick. I have some decisions to make (and possibly a lot of work to do) regarding parts.

Status...

Building stuff works with the orbital dock. I have not yet tested the converters, but they rely on Kethane (for now): I need to investigate how stock converters work. I have not been able to test survey builds yet as they rely on KAS.

Vessel thumbnails work (except for subassemblies).

Launch clamps are borked due to EL's hack. They are the main holdup, but I will get them working :)

Thanks for all the hard work on this Taniwha! I really appreciate it! Wonderful to hear there is gonna be a stock integration. If i can help in anyway , configs or anything else shoot me a line ( i had already started to transition my old EPL-Regolith integration to support stock :P , before ya posted this)

Smallish issue, more of a confusion thing for folks who use MKS along with EPL, Rover is also using a new resource over instead of stock ore named MetallicOre, might cause some confusion with MetalOre and MetallicOre used by both mods. Not sure if there is anyway to hash out a better naming convention. Not a big deal, really just thought id point it out.

(God i wish Squad hadnt gone with Ore as their resource. Something like say "Hydrocarbons" would been much better)

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Hello.

Is it possible to create an Extraplanetary launchpad mod that creates RocketParts from the stock Ore system for 1.0?

I can fiddle with the converter's .cfg files if someone can confirm that EPL works in 1.0?

Its entirely possible Karkenfour with some editing, but i'd wait till Taniwha has the mod updated for 1.0 (read his post just one page back)

Hello.

Is it possible to create an Extraplanetary launchpad mod that creates RocketParts from the stock Ore system for 1.0?

I can fiddle with the converter's .cfg files if someone can confirm that EPL works in 1.0?

Once EPL is updated I'll have parts in my Civ pop mod that use the new stock Ore (it avoids having me change a lot of parts to do it that way) with the old 3 step system: ore -> metal -> rocket parts.

The reason I'm intentionally not overlapping with Taniwha's resource chain is because our production chains are different, and given the support issues overlap caused, it's better if the two do not. Since my assumption is that anyone using my constellation would just use the USI parts, and not the out of the can EL ones.

The only touchpoint CRP has with EL is RocketParts, and that is as a courtesy.

Just a quick update: things are coming along nicely. I have a new converter module up and running and just need to add some polish, and then do something about extraction (should). I have determined that the launch clamps following me to space is a stock issue caused by the extended load range. A release should be coming Real Soon NowTM.

The reason I'm intentionally not overlapping with Taniwha's resource chain is because our production chains are different, and given the support issues overlap caused, it's better if the two do not. Since my assumption is that anyone using my constellation would just use the USI parts, and not the out of the can EL ones.

The only touchpoint CRP has with EL is RocketParts, and that is as a courtesy.

I still need EPL for the build function though, right?

Quick question :

If I wanted to use EPL with tac lifesupport, then I'm gonna need a way to keep the kerbals alive at their various EPL bases, self sufficiency is the goal. What's the best way to do that? The only one I know of is MKS but I've not tried that. Is it recommended or is there a solution that works better with tac and EPL?

Cheers!

Quick question :

If I wanted to use EPL with tac lifesupport, then I'm gonna need a way to keep the kerbals alive at their various EPL bases, self sufficiency is the goal. What's the best way to do that? The only one I know of is MKS but I've not tried that. Is it recommended or is there a solution that works better with tac and EPL?

Cheers!

Personaly LOVE the MKS mod...and its perfect for what your talking about.....and really imo EPLP and MKS kinda go hand in hand!

Other than that I have seen (in the past, you may have to dig em up) some stand alone expansions for TAC LS that can be used to make closed loop bases that are life support stable.

Quick question :

Cheers!

I use a combination of MKS and Civilian population mods myself. I like the Civilian mod cause you can recruit Civilians into the space program off Kerbin. (once it's updated that is lol all us non modder leeches are waiting on favorite mods to be fixed lol)

Quick question :

Cheers!

Ground Bases : MKS is the only one I think that has the full route of mining & producing access. I think Biomass might as well but its been a long time since I looked at that one and I am not sure it had mining for the water resource, though it could do oxy & food.

Orbital Bases : With the new reliance on depletable machinery/spare parts I don't think its possible to get simple sufficiency in orbit even with MKS. You'd need to MM config the converters to remove the depletables or find a converter thats 100% efficient/cheater. On the flip side MKS does have the "Orbital Logistics" which would let you set up a fuel base (since the logistics does require about as much fuel as a normal launch) and then use background processing drones to move resources between vessels/bases within the same SOI. That would let you ship things up to an orbital station without actually requiring the manual launch & docking. You can set it, then go do other things.

Ok great thanks for the responses! MKS it is then and I'll check out the civilian mod too. Yep I'm patiently waiting too as a keen leacher, let me just say thanks to the devs for some great mods!

Once EPL is updated I'll have parts in my Civ pop mod that use the new stock Ore (it avoids having me change a lot of parts to do it that way) with the old 3 step system: ore -> metal -> rocket parts.

You're my hero!

Edited by delder92663

Kendrick: to speed up construction: more workshops full of productive kerbals.

EL for 1.0(.x) is coming along nicely, especially now that I got an unrelated bit of work out of the way (my blender addon for importing and exporting .mu files now exports animations). Of course, 1.0.2 threw a spanner in the works by requiring me to re-update my mod stable.

I've encountered a problem while testing the mod out (KSP 0.90). I have an orbital space station, rocket parts on it, workshop on it, kerbals on it and the construction dock on it. I do not however have the "Show UI" option when I right-click the Construction Dock. I thought that I might have done something wrong, but after reading the instructions again I don't understand why it's not working.

I decided to try it out on the ground, but it still fails, here's a screenshot:

jgoqyb.jpg

Could you please help me out with this?

I've encountered a problem while testing the mod out (KSP 0.90). I have an orbital space station, rocket parts on it, workshop on it, kerbals on it and the construction dock on it. I do not however have the "Show UI" option when I right-click the Construction Dock. I thought that I might have done something wrong, but after reading the instructions again I don't understand why it's not working.

I decided to try it out on the ground, but it still fails, here's a screenshot:

http://screenshu.com/static/uploads/temporary/ph/kq/5r/jgoqyb.jpg

Could you please help me out with this?

Likely installation issue. Screenshot of your gamedata folder?

Likely installation issue. Screenshot of your gamedata folder?

Well it would be weird, as I've neither changed anything in my GameData folder nor installed new mods since I've had EL. This UI menu worked for me yesterday.

Here's my GameData screenshot:

http://scr.hu/5z5a/x6ui6

Here's EL's folder in GameData:

http://scr.hu/5z5a/k3h0w

Thank you for your help.