[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

If you don't have Kethane installed, resource usage is optional, otherwise it is forced. That said, I think I should probably remove that option for Career Mode as not requiring resources would severely unbalance the economy.

A little question/request for you, Taniwha. Is turning the launch pads into a "recovery point" to sell kethane/materials/fuel planned? If not, could you maybe add it? It'd be good to have a small kethane mining facility that is used to gather money for home use.

Dragonchampion: no such plan. However, while I can't speak for kethane, you will be able to ship back Ore, Metal, RocketParts or even rockets and get money. And really, if you think about it, if you don't send things to Kerbin, just who will give you any money? :)

You have to invest "dead end" vehicles in order to make bases that ultimately want to be self sufficient. That costs upfront money and rightly so. After that they are doing their own thing. They are effectively your corporation operating off its own raw materials. You're paying yourself to build.

Ok, a slew of things:

• As a corollary to "if you don't ship to Kerbin, who's going to pay you?", there's "if you don't ship from Kerbin, who's going to charge you?" :)
  • An update for 0.24 is in the works but will take some time as I need to go through all the parts and double check the masses are balanced so I can balance the prices (I already have a system designed for balancing prices), and fix a few outstanding bugs from prior to 0.24 (in my testing, recompiled EL works just fine in 0.24).
  • Asteroid mining will come, but I am unable to say when.
  • I am working on the promised experience system. This will make stupid kerbals less of a hindrance and "smart" kerbals more of a help (leaders etc). This too has no ETA.

Ok, a slew of things:

• As a corollary to "if you don't ship to Kerbin, who's going to pay you?", there's "if you don't ship from Kerbin, who's going to charge you?" :)
  • An update for 0.24 is in the works but will take some time as I need to go through all the parts and double check the masses are balanced so I can balance the prices (I already have a system designed for balancing prices), and fix a few outstanding bugs from prior to 0.24 (in my testing, recompiled EL works just fine in 0.24).
  • Asteroid mining will come, but I am unable to say when.
  • I am working on the promised experience system. This will make stupid kerbals less of a hindrance and "smart" kerbals more of a help (leaders etc). This too has no ETA.

Any chance for a beta version of the .24 version? To see how well it handles in x64 on different systems, etc.

Oh and on the subject of the ships costing/not costing stuff, since you mine your own parts I don't see why they should charge you even on kerbin :V

And would the different stuff(ore/metal/rocket parts) have a price so you could sell stuff you mined?

Edited by Crimor

No chance for a beta. I'll be doing the release shortly (just doing some final checks).

Everything has a price. As for charging for parts on Kerbin (from KSC): cartels, unions, you name it, it'll be a reason.

I meant if you had an EPL launchpad and mining facility somewhere else on kerbin, not from KSC :P

But it's gonna be fun to ferry rocket parts to KSC to sell them(I really hope someone makes a mod that allows you to just funnel stuff into a thing at ksc, instead of having to "launch" empty cans of stuff then pump it into those)

I meant if you had an EPL launchpad and mining facility somewhere else on kerbin, not from KSC :P

But it's gonna be fun to ferry rocket parts to KSC to sell them(I really hope someone makes a mod that allows you to just funnel stuff into a thing at ksc, instead of having to "launch" empty cans of stuff then pump it into those)

You wouldn't have to launch an empty barrel you just have to send it close enough to recover. You'll get the cash from the resources just like after a mission.

You wouldn't have to launch an empty barrel you just have to send it close enough to recover. You'll get the cash from the resources just like after a mission.

I meant like using a reusable ship to ferry it to KSC then transfer it to the empty tank so I can sell it without selling the ship.

I have released version 4.2 of Extraplanetary Launchpads. Links are in the first post. As always, GPL :).

• Make the settings dialog less confusing.
  • The settings window now re-sizes automatically.
  • Attach node and optimization improvements to Aeon Phoenix's parts (Kreuzung).
  • EL now reports the version number in any EL window and in the logs.
  • New resource: ScrapMetal. It's fairly fluffy (0.8t/m3). Use a smelter to convert it to Metal. Currently, only smelters store ScrapMetal, but not having storage will not stop Metal->RocketParts conversion.
  • Metal to RocketParts conversion now produces 70% RocketParts and just shy of 30% ScrapMetal.
  • Metal to RocketParts conversion has been slowed down. Still unrealistically fast, though.
  • The recycling bins have been fixed to work properly with docking assistants (MJ, NavyFish's DPAI, Navball DPAI).
  • Ore deposit colors adjusted to be less "greedy" (RoverDude).
  • Nicer display of units in the ship info window (VAB/SPH) (Swamp Ig).
  • The rocket builder part has been fixed (missing sections).
  • Minor improvements to the ModuleManager patches (Starstrider42)
  • The attach nodes for the smelters have been fixed, and a ventral node opposite the dorsal node had been added.
  • Pre-loaded resources have been removed from all EL parts (except fuels from launchpad2).
  • The old spherical tanks (ancient version of that mod) and the old ore and metal bins have been deprecated. Any ship using them will still work, but they are no longer available in the VAB.
  • Insta-build mode now transfers the resources before the vessel is released.
  • Ships built by EL no longer show up in the VAB or SPH after building then going to the editor.
  • The rocket builder no longer has storage for Metal (where's it supposed to go?).
  • Builds can now be canceled. For both game-play and KSP physics reasons, the cancellation process takes time. The cancellation can be cancelled, so accidentally hitting the button will not be a disaster. RocketParts are reclaimed at 100%, but if you lack storage for them, they will be lost.
  • Resource and part cost balancing for 0.24.
  • Parts with the workshop module are no longer force-activated. This means parts like the dragon module will not have their engines started by EL.
  • The auger masses have been rebalanced: they're a bit over 4x what they were, but are now realistic.

The dearth of parts for storing ScrapMetal is due mainly to not wanting to delay release while creating new textures.

Unless your vehicle can go from orbit and back multiple times it would be best just to recover the ship

Was mainly thinking a cargo plane from the nearest ore deposit.

Also awesome tani, way sooner than I thought it'd come out

Did you miss the rocket builder? seems to still have the price of 1300 instead of an arm and a leg :P

Edited by Crimor

I have released version 4.2 of Extraplanetary Launchpads. Links are in the first post. As always, GPL :).

• Make the settings dialog less confusing.
  • The settings window now re-sizes automatically.
  • Attach node and optimization improvements to Aeon Phoenix's parts (Kreuzung).
  • EL now reports the version number in any EL window and in the logs.
  • New resource: ScrapMetal. It's fairly fluffy (0.8t/m3). Use a smelter to convert it to Metal. Currently, only smelters store ScrapMetal, but not having storage will not stop Metal->RocketParts conversion.
  • Metal to RocketParts conversion now produces 70% RocketParts and just shy of 30% ScrapMetal.
  • Metal to RocketParts conversion has been slowed down. Still unrealistically fast, though.
  • The recycling bins have been fixed to work properly with docking assistants (MJ, NavyFish's DPAI, Navball DPAI).
  • Ore deposit colors adjusted to be less "greedy" (RoverDude).
  • Nicer display of units in the ship info window (VAB/SPH) (Swamp Ig).
  • The rocket builder part has been fixed (missing sections).
  • Minor improvements to the ModuleManager patches (Starstrider42)
  • The attach nodes for the smelters have been fixed, and a ventral node opposite the dorsal node had been added.
  • Pre-loaded resources have been removed from all EL parts (except fuels from launchpad2).
  • The old spherical tanks (ancient version of that mod) and the old ore and metal bins have been deprecated. Any ship using them will still work, but they are no longer available in the VAB.
  • Insta-build mode now transfers the resources before the vessel is released.
  • Ships built by EL no longer show up in the VAB or SPH after building then going to the editor.
  • The rocket builder no longer has storage for Metal (where's it supposed to go?).
  • Builds can now be canceled. For both game-play and KSP physics reasons, the cancellation process takes time. The cancellation can be cancelled, so accidentally hitting the button will not be a disaster. RocketParts are reclaimed at 100%, but if you lack storage for them, they will be lost.
  • Resource and part cost balancing for 0.24.
  • Parts with the workshop module are no longer force-activated. This means parts like the dragon module will not have their engines started by EL.
  • The auger masses have been rebalanced: they're a bit over 4x what they were, but are now realistic.

The dearth of parts for storing ScrapMetal is due mainly to not wanting to delay release while creating new textures.

I don't suppose you made all the containers tweakscale while you were at it?

Container cost is wrong. Since the game uses cost for full container, empty containers either very cheap or have negative price.

Edit: If for these who dont want to wait here is my fixed values, assuming Small container is 200, Medium = 1000, and Large = 8000

Ore: S = 354.2; M = 2243.3; L = 17989.8

RocketParts: S = 419; M = 2766; L = 22190

Metal: S = 3318.6; M = 26147.8; L = 210065.6

Go into Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\Parts\aeon and change cost value of each.

Edited by Garm