[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

• 1 month later...
Download from Kerbal Stuff

Simply Recompiled for 0.90 and fixed code changes here. Let me know if you have issues

You seem to have set the string "KSP Version: 0.90" as version on kerbalstuff, which causes CKAN some serious trouble. ( https://kerbalstuff.com/api/mod/195 )

Could you please change this to "0.90" so our robots can pick up your release?

You seem to have set the string "KSP Version: 0.90" as version on kerbalstuff, which causes CKAN some serious trouble. ( https://kerbalstuff.com/api/mod/195 )

Could you please change this to "0.90" so our robots can pick up your release?

Sorry Hakan, I updated one of the publish scripts, but not the others. Have changed it now I think. Let me know if its still no good and I'll rerelease

Much better now, I will check your other plugins later tonight... (christmas tree work waiting)

One thing, though: Do you think that you could drop the top level from your zip files? So they are only "GameData/<whatever>" instead of "<whatever-x.y.z>/GameDate/<whatever>"? We have an issue waiting in the CKAN project to implement a solution for this, but in the meantime, you could help tremendously if your zip files would look like the zips of nearly all other mods :)

Much better now, I will check your other plugins later tonight... (christmas tree work waiting)

One thing, though: Do you think that you could drop the top level from your zip files? So they are only "GameData/<whatever>" instead of "<whatever-x.y.z>/GameDate/<whatever>"? We have an issue waiting in the CKAN project to implement a solution for this, but in the meantime, you could help tremendously if your zip files would look like the zips of nearly all other mods :)

If only we could stick with one model of plugin packing... I'll have a look at this for the next version too

v2.6.3.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

Updated this with some small fixes and cleared some outstanding issues:

• Adjusted time remaining so it displays years correctly (Issue #56)
  • Reworked AppLauncher button to reduce chances of duplicate icons (Issue #54)
  • Added AVC version files (Issue #58)
  • Restructured ZIP (Issue #57)
  • Updated Framework files
  • Updated Toolbar wrapper

Quick question (I don't want to wade through 59 pages):

The option "autostage on engine flameout". Can it be used to stage empty tanks? as in Asparagus staging?

Yes, it does work with asparagus staging, but it only triggers the staging when the current stages engine runs out of gas - so if your asparagus stage is just fuel tanks and the engine is still running it wouldn't do that. Akthough I might be able to add something to handle it. Got a pic of your craft?

Yes, it does work with asparagus staging, but it only triggers the staging when the current stages engine runs out of gas - so if your asparagus stage is just fuel tanks and the engine is still running it wouldn't do that. Akthough I might be able to add something to handle it. Got a pic of your craft?

No picture, since there is no craft yet :-)

I've seen a number of videos where it appears that the tanks drop off automatically as they empty. I'm just now getting to the point where I'm starting to build ships big enough to benefit from this, and was looking for the "right" or "best" way to do it.

Thanks

No picture, since there is no craft yet :-)

I've seen a number of videos where it appears that the tanks drop off automatically as they empty. I'm just now getting to the point where I'm starting to build ships big enough to benefit from this, and was looking for the "right" or "best" way to do it.

Thanks

Cool, Theres a few plugins that do this. If you need something more intricate/programmable then dtobi's smart parts are pretty good for this too - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64227-0-90-Smart-Parts

Cool, Theres a few plugins that do this. If you need something more intricate/programmable then dtobi's smart parts are pretty good for this too - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64227-0-90-Smart-Parts

I'm not looking for anything complicated (yet). Simply something that will stage a tank when it get emptied.

What other plugins do this?

I'm not looking for anything complicated (yet). Simply something that will stage a tank when it get emptied.

What other plugins do this?

um, the smart parts one I linked before? - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64227-0-90-Smart-Parts

You put one of the parts on a tank and when it emptys it triggers staging - but only if you dont want the Full awesomeness of ARP :wink:

That is exactly what Smart Part's fuel sensor will do. There are other parts that do different things, but you don't have to use them (and you can even delete the other parts if you like).

MechJeb can also auto-stage, but of course it does a lot more.

Since we're talking about staging automation, you might want to also check out Smartstage and AutoAsparagus. They're both for use in the editor, not in flight.

That is exactly what Smart Part's fuel sensor will do. There are other parts that do different things, but you don't have to use them (and you can even delete the other parts if you like).

MechJeb can also auto-stage, but of course it does a lot more.

Since we're talking about staging automation, you might want to also check out Smartstage and AutoAsparagus. They're both for use in the editor, not in flight.

Thanks.

I started using SmartParts about 4 days ago, after the previous post. Works well

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

First thing: I've always considered this an essential mod - so much nicer than the stock panel.

I'm currently going slowly and steadily through a reinstall, trying to avoid the crash-happy mess I previously had. I noticed from the logs that Alternate Resource Panel appears to throw an exception the first time you hover over it in the flight scene:

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPAlternateResourcePanel.ARPWindow.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is with 32-bit KSP 0.90 and ARP 2.6.3.0, and reproducible in a stock install with just this mod present. Not sure if it's significant - probably not as it only occurs on first hover and after that all's well. I notice that someone else reported something similar a year or so back, and nobody else has mentioned it, so it's probably no biggie...

Complete logs are available here, if needed:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3zjdanffn2jkdl/AABEm6wat66EpX2g-O0qI-xoa?dl=0

This is with 32-bit KSP 0.90 and ARP 2.6.3.0, and reproducible in a stock install with just this mod present. Not sure if it's significant - probably not as it only occurs on first hover and after that all's well. I notice that someone else reported something similar a year or so back, and nobody else has mentioned it, so it's probably no biggie...

Complete logs are available here, if needed:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3zjdanffn2jkdl/AABEm6wat66EpX2g-O0qI-xoa?dl=0

Firstly - great username :)

Thanks for the feedback and the error report, I fixed the places I had seen this in my mods a little while ago and knew I missed one - I just couldnt find it. I'll fix this up this week.

For reference the error is not critical/has no effect on gameplay - its due to the Layout system not being ready on the first code pass - but is annoying that there is an error at all.

Thanks again