Snjo

[1.0] Hangar Extender v3.3

470 posts in this topic

Got an ETA for update? I dont wanna rush you, but I NEED TO BUILD BIGGER

First, my Community and I want to thank you a lot for your work at Firespitter and the Hangar Extender!

Without both, we have only have half of fun, i think. But without the Hangar Extender... its very difficult to reach the top of our rockets now =D

I have no idea how to code a plugin in KSP, nore how to find all the model-names, so i cant help you out. But i hope, you can mess with all the changes from 0.25 to 0.90. And we hope, you can get it ASAP...

Offtopic: Is there any source for the names of default model-filenames like the VAB? I tried to understand your code of the plugin and realized that the models have been changed, but couldn't find the new models in gamedata. Eventually i try to learn how to build plugins if i understand/find all the API and models stuff...

Again, thank you a lot for your time and hard work!

Greatings from Germany,

Gollor

Arts of FPS - Community-Admin

Hey I need some help how do I use the hangar extender mod I downloaded the mod just don't know how to use it :/

It is not compatible to 0.90 to date. We are waiting for a rework of this mod. But i can confirm this mod work till 0.25.

Uh, I can't. What that was, was me giving Snjo some information on how he can fix Hangar Extender for .90, not some magic thing you can just drop in and compile fresh. That's a source file from a completely different mod. :]

Uh, I can't. What that was, was me giving Snjo some information on how he can fix Hangar Extender for .90, not some magic thing you can just drop in and compile fresh. That's a source file from a completely different mod. :]

Oh, derp. Sorry bout that, didn't realize you were responding to the Mod Creator (I should probably pay more attention, lol). The problem still stands about my crafts not expanding larger than the vab, so I can't launch a full-size Saturn V vessel, but I'll see if I can find an answer in the RSS thread so I don't derail this one.

I really can't wait for this mod to be updated.. I hate the camera limits in the SPH, and they're simply unbearable in the VAB xD

Built a new version, let me know if it breaks.

Download

-Rebuilt with code from NathanKell

-camera and work area scales

-models no longer scale, no hotkey to switch scales

1 person likes this

Download

Cool that will help a lot. :)

Download

It doesn't seem to be working for me :/

I press * but it just doesn't get bigger in SPH or VAB.

I'm having the same problem with my 32 Bit Windows install.

Well, that was what I was trying to convey in the patch notes. The models SPH/VAB don't have a scaling function anymore, and the * does nothing. The work area and camera constraints are scaled though, so nothing is stopping you from going large, other than it looking odd to move outside the buildings. Finding the proper objects to do that takes some digging and experimenting if they have been changed. If not, it should be easy enough to do. But at the moment the entire code from the previous version has been tossed out, so it's a matter of re-implementing the right set of stuff.

I got an stupid idear:will it be easier to just make parts looks smaller rather than make the hangar looks bigger?

I got an stupid idear:will it be easier to just make parts looks smaller rather than make the hangar looks bigger?

No, that wouldn't be easy or bug free at all :)

No, that wouldn't be easy or bug free at all :)

............. sarcasme? :blush:

I can't tell, cause I have resized some things, and that seems to work fine so far, but I don't have much experience with that so I honestly arn't sure if you are being sarcastic. :P

Anywho, there's no chance in hell I'm re-sizing my DS9 (well, not MY ds9 but you get my point :D ).

I simply loaded it into 0.24, added what I wanted in the outermost areas, then loaded it up in 0.90 and added everything I needed in the center of parts that I don't have in 0.24. :)

can we please have a .90 fix.... even though i installed it without it crashing it still wont work... is there a key binding you neglected to mention in the post or something?

I second that! I desperately need the bigger hangar, even in a game that is otherwise full stock.

I really need this to work, I simply can't play Realism Overhaul without it. The rockets there are just...bigger.

I desperately need this mod.I'm the type of guy who likes building the largest B9 Starships possible and 90% of my epic crafts are 3 times larger than the stock SPH.If theres anyone can update this mod I'll be extremely thankful.

Guys go to page 9, there is the update the OP has not been updated. You can build above the VAB.