WATCH OUT DOWN THERE! - Awesome landings showcase

InterCity

For new readers, I'll dig out a couple of classics

ABCAD5E607AC0C804291D3FE6387BAAD9AAD6225

Thats my first ever mun landing.... note stock 0.12 parts and fins as landing legs

And the Whackjob rivaling and aptly named giant mun rover

16503995DC4AF6E2F85BBE1297EE4A672B5CCDB3

Thats the mark 1 version, the mark 3 is landed on Duna, and the mark 2 is floating in the sea 10km offshore from KSC due to a slight lack of engines problem

Boris

...off sick again :(

vnjm.png

this is on Eeloo, yea, a broken lander leg, but, Jeb and Bob had to land, for sciencey stuff, and then posed for the: Lets Scare the heck outta Bob picture

This was on Minmus, which inspired the above picture :)

wlc8.png

THIS is on Moho

u23x.png

on Duna

q5rh.png

First time a manned mission landed on the Mun, which was my first manned landing hehe

uafl.png

Edited by AlamoVampire

My most awesome landing to date was in my constellation vid. I landed a small ascent module directly onto a docking port on the main crew lander. I used MJ's SURF to get the craft perfectly level after the parachutes opened, once level I overrode MJ with the SAS (which you could do with the old MJ) and it was manual from there on.

This is the vid, it should start at that landing, if not go to 27m16s;

(there was another really satisfying landing earlier on in that vid at 5:30 where I managed to get a perfect hover for couple of seconds while the legs deployed)

This landing of my SR-71 went a little south!

tbxKaWil.jpg

Even thou it was pretty dramatic everyone lived, you can see the twin cockpit ejecting in the midst of all the debris!

This was a first of a kind landing for me, an unpowered landing on Duna with a glider.

aONq6oGl.jpg

And another first of a kind for me was quite recently and only a few km from KSC, landing at speed (75m/s) on water

YVTHRfll.jpg

Now i dont use Mechjeb, so landing right here was an amazing Lucky shot from an Duna flyby mission (think it was 0.21, there was no science noticable by the lackoff science modules on the pod)..

j2CMX5t.png

Only time i came close in 0.23 was from a Mün science mission, and landed right in front of the VAB

vqx0P2u.png

Only mods used, FAR and DE..

These landings are for me an huge accomplishments :D and made me finnaly learn how to keep landing at KSC..

Edited by Arran

Here are a few of mine.

To start with, I build a SSTOL (Stupid Short Takeoff and Landing) airplane to explore Kerbin with. The landing speed of 20m/s combined with a TWR well over 1.0 made it able to get into all sorts of places.

WL6LtMG.jpg

This is the spike-like island in the archipelago SW of Airbase Island.

pu7uXKo.jpg

Then I had a big rover with a crew of 4 wreck attempting to cross the mountains W of KSC, so I taped some lawn chairs on the bottom of this plane and sent it off to the rescue. While it could have landed beside the wreckage on the edge of the cliff, just for kicks I landed it in the pit-like valley below, just to see if it could get back out (plus it was fun watching the Kerbals tumble down the cliff to get aboard).

iEMPB7a.jpg

More recently, here's a 50^ hillside on Duna.

And then I decided to land on top of the VAB.... without the usual crutches of VTOLs, helicopters, rockets, and whatnot. So I built a trebuchet to launch just a Kerbal in a lawnchair with a radial parachute.

d5ksnrX.jpg

And after many failed attempts and many dead Kerbals, I eventually made my most extreme landing ever by getting a Kerbal on the roof. Didn't quite hit the helipad but by this time I was willing to call this close enough :)

0etTYwU.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.