[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Generally how many parts are you launching and what's your CPU? Generally CPU is more important than GPU with KSP. I'd love to know what I can expect when I boot up 1.1 myself :wink:

I'm running an i5-6500. Curious if you have a similar CPU to mine :)

Haven't launched anything big yet. Mostly just test launches with the stock rockets. Granted the frame rates will drop with more complicated rockets, but I'm confident based on previous experience that they'll be pretty good then anyway. I was getting pretty much 120 fps constantly until I started burdening it with mods.

Maybe I should build something ridiculous and launch it to see. I'm just mucking about anyway until the last few mods I want for a new career are updated.

I've got an i7-3820 @ 3.60 Ghz and 16 GB of RAM. 

32 minutes ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Haven't launched anything big yet. Mostly just test launches with the stock rockets. Granted the frame rates will drop with more complicated rockets, but I'm confident based on previous experience that they'll be pretty good then anyway. I was getting pretty much 120 fps constantly until I started burdening it with mods.

Maybe I should build something ridiculous and launch it to see. I'm just mucking about anyway until the last few mods I want for a new career are updated.

I've got an i7-3820 @ 3.60 Ghz and 16 GB of RAM. 

Woah... your CPU clocks very similarly to mine! Sheesh... 120 FPS with no mods installed... what is this world coming too! Thanks :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

28 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Woah... your CPU clocks very similarly to mine! Sheesh... 120 FPS with no mods installed... what is this world coming too! Thanks :)

Beware that 1.1 is really weird with GPUs. I had a wonderful framerate also with Eve, Scatterer, Real Plume Engine Light and a bunch of other non visual mod, bust just until the last patch.

No, with a stock  clean install, I have lag and yellow physic indicator with a 5 parts ship... Probably things will be better with 1.1.1

3 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Beware that 1.1 is really weird with GPUs. I had a wonderful framerate also with Eve, Scatterer, Real Plume Engine Light and a bunch of other non visual mod, bust just until the last patch.

No, with a stock  clean install, I have lag and yellow physic indicator with a 5 parts ship... Probably things will be better with 1.1.1

Intriguing... I guess I'll have to find out for myself then. I should be okay in the GPU department though. Running a GTX 970 with an i5-6500.

Nansuchao what's your GPU?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

21 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

I have a GTX 760, it doesn't matter, it seems to be just random.

I have a 760 too, and an i5 4690k, and I find that while performance is initially (really) good, when I break something like 5GB (of my 16GB) mem usage, I begin to lose performance sadly. It's not heavily modded, but yes. 

Either way, I'm not sure how much KSP Performance vs PC Components is relevant the the topic of this thread guys :wink: 

Woah! @Proot I just realized that you had @Endraxial tagged in your special thanks at the bottom of the page. It's funny because that almost doesn't come as a surprise. :D He (she?) has helped helped me out in the past as well. My updated post of your planet textures has been getting more fame recently and I always make sure to point out it was you who did the true work and all I'm doing is passing them along. Endraxial, I'm not sure when you'll read this, but I wanted to say thanks to you again for letting me facilitate your textures for the next gen of kerbals. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

14 minutes ago, o0redeye0o said:

I'm so excited for this mod to be updated, been trying my hardest not to play KSP until the release.

Is there any ETA on the update or progress? :)

I see that you're new here, but please see Rule 2.3f here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/guidelines/

It will be ready when it is ready.

On 4/29/2016 at 11:17 AM, o0redeye0o said:

I'm so excited for this mod to be updated, been trying my hardest not to play KSP until the release. :)

Fyi.  It seems to work well enough under the latest version of texturereplacer.  I'm testing a KSPCR + 64k game and the only issue I'm seeing is with rocket plumes, which is an easy fix (delete the relevant textures).  The navball remains stock, but that isn't a gameplay issue imho.  Here's a pic just to prove that the skybox is there:

2T4dwWMs.png

Edited by Sandworm

On 4/30/2016 at 5:27 PM, Sandworm said:

Fyi.  It seems to work well enough under the latest version of texturereplacer.  I'm testing a KSPCR + 64k game and the only issue I'm seeing is with rocket plumes, which is an easy fix (delete the relevant textures).  The navball remains stock, but that isn't a gameplay issue imho.  Here's a pic just to prove that the skybox is there:

2T4dwWMs.png

I didn't realize this mod replaced rocket plumes?  What is we use realplumes?  Will it look ok then?

On 3.5.2016 at 4:11 AM, jpinard said:

I didn't realize this mod replaced rocket plumes?  What is we use realplumes?  Will it look ok then?

It was my understanding that this mod replaces rocket plumes by using RealPlumes - just applies a few customizations. As such, configs and textures from KSPRC should take precedence over / (?)physically overwrite(?) those RealPlumes comes with.

2 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

It was my understanding that this mod replaces rocket plumes by using RealPlumes - just applies a few customizations. As such, configs and textures from KSPRC should take precedence over / (?)physically overwrite(?) those RealPlumes comes with.

SmokeScreen is the mod doing the heavy lifting for both sets of plumes, both KSPRC and RealPlumes add configs for it.

On 4/30/2016 at 2:27 PM, Sandworm said:

2T4dwWMs.png

Wait a minute, are you saying i can actually run this in 1.1.2?

3 minutes ago, kerbalresearch said:

Wait a minute, are you saying i can actually run this in 1.1.2?

Yes.  Everything runs.  All is well.  I posted these pick in the 64k threat yesterday.  It would look even better with real plumes and/or planetshine.

Eomd0p5m.pngaQkKChXm.png
sbzHrJAm.pngBEToo28m.png
ikdC3eFm.png

Eerrr... nope. That is just my Kerbin texture. So not "everything" is working.

KSPRC revamps parts textures and planets textures, but also whole bodies (like Minmus), PQS terrains (the grounds),  atmospheres, sunflare, terrain scatters and so on... and I'll add some good old things again, like my chatterer own sounds, etc.

Also, I'm not using SmokeScreen in the last versions: at contrary, I'm directly revamping the FX Squad effects using Texture Replacer. And btw, my configs and textures for SmokeScreen, using "HotRockets" as scratch, were previous to "RealPlumes" (and allowed directly by Nazari, the creator of the mod... which was the very first in do a skilled use of SmokeScreen plugin).
In fact, "RealPlumes" is based in and uses the whole "HotRockets" mod, which at the same time (like @Red Iron Crown has pointed) is just possible thanks to the "SmokeScreen" plug-in.

ETA: My terrains are working again in 1.1.2! I'm waiting for a compatible version of some of the plugins used, to definitely release an update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.