[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

4 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I'm assuming its the one that comes with the latest Habtech2?

Is there a more recent Craft file for the ISS already built?

@Kilo60

I've updated the ISS from kerbalX a couple days ago and replaced the deprecated Tantares parts. https://kerbalx.com/hendrack/New-ISS-Tantaresht2

Edited by hendrack

4 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Is it possible to combine the Old and New Tantares or do the files overwrite?

I believe you can.  It's also relatively straight forward to fix the craft file manually.  I started writing instructions but then thought to hell with it, I'll fix my own craft file! :P  It's by no means perfect and there are still a few bits missing (canadarm etc) but it's a good base from which to build on.

Get it from github here (right click and save as..) 

wdEhmmj.png

32 minutes ago, CaptKordite said:

Thought it would be useful to share a comparison between the Vostok as built with the Making History DLC and the Tantares version.
49780030828_87c0424d00_o_d.png

Stock Vostok is a joke. The size of the thing, I mean, damn..... 

On 4/11/2020 at 10:08 AM, CaptKordite said:

The extra punch to the Soyuz hatch clearing helps a lot. It still goes straight up and down if you are sitting flat, such as on the pad, but any bit of slope or angle clears. And the parachute housing floats.

49760042218_58a5a041a6_w_d.jpg

Cool. A pink Kerbal.

21 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

Thought it would be useful to share a comparison between the Vostok as built with the Making History DLC and the Tantares version.
49780030828_87c0424d00_o_d.png

Never saw this comparison, man that's kind of hilarious :D

The Tantares Vostok is a little undersized, so  a true-scale one would be around 1.5m diameter, half way between these two.

19 hours ago, Beale said:

The Tantares Vostok is a little undersized

Seems pretty close, comparing Kerbal to Human height. Proportions make it difficult. Kind of like the way Lego minifigs are misproportioned for the things you want to build for them. Plus, Kerbal crew spaces are notoriously devoid of any equipment that would make the space more properly cramped so underscaling works better than overscaling.
. vostok_diagram_020.jpg

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

@Drakenex Is there a working version of the Tantares in Colors with the last Tantares-Release?

Well, the story is .... I was having an extreme lack of free time cause of work, number one, and number two, I was waiting for this mod to be feature complete (A.K.A no more revamps or changes)

Now, for reasons we all know, free time is not an issue atm. But I need help choosing what to do, to not hijack this thread pls continue this on mine. thanks!

On 4/6/2020 at 8:12 PM, Beale said:

Tantares 21.1

General bug-fix release, cleared out deprecated parts also (Saving a whopping 3MB). Added a few missing descriptions, tags also.
Thanks to all who sent me bugs.

apolgy for bad english

where were u wen tantares die

i was at house eating dorito when phone ring

"Tantares is kil"

"no"

25 minutes ago, MosinNagant233 said:

I hope Tantares series can support Modular Kolonization System Mod:P

You mean USI life support? You can look at other mods like near future, station parts extension etc and look at the usi-ls patch files and write your own config. I did a patch for Tantares long time ago but I think it was not balanced well. I'll take a look again.

1 hour ago, hendrack said:

You mean USI life support? You can look at other mods like near future, station parts extension etc and look at the usi-ls patch files and write your own config. I did a patch for Tantares long time ago but I think it was not balanced well. I'll take a look again.

Yes. I'm trying to make a patch file but I'm a rookie in programming. lol) Anyway, thx a lot.

Edited by MosinNagant233

On 4/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, Friznit said:

I believe you can.  It's also relatively straight forward to fix the craft file manually.  I started writing instructions but then thought to hell with it, I'll fix my own craft file! :P  It's by no means perfect and there are still a few bits missing (canadarm etc) but it's a good base from which to build on.

Get it from github here (right click and save as..) 

wdEhmmj.png

is there a version of the crafts compatible with 1.8.1? the crafts from your github just say craft incompatible when trying to load in the VAB. Thanks

Just now, si2504 said:

is there a version of the crafts compatible with 1.8.1? the crafts from your github just say craft incompatible when trying to load in the VAB. Thanks

Open the craft file in a text editor and change the version to 1.8.1. It's right at the top of the file, can't miss it!