[1.1.x] Speedy's Hex Truss System

SpeedyB

Click link and replace the * (asterisk)(%2A) with - (hyphen) in the URL bar:

KOSMOS Parts Pack

Forum is blocking the link when hyphens are used.

Of course, that is a blocked site. Someone is breaking licenses by redistributing mods without the authors position. Please delete that link.

Of course, that is a blocked site. Someone is breaking licenses by redistributing mods without the authors position. Please delete that link.

Here's the Creative Commons license included in the download.

I'm trying to help a friend out by providing the link. Okay? If you consider this a problem, please have a moderator contact me to resolve the issue.

Edited by Apollo13

Here's the Creative Commons license included in the download.

I'm trying to help a friend out by providing the link. Okay? If you consider this a problem, please have a moderator contact me to resolve the issue.

You're a little late. I sent him the file about 12 hours ago. However, the problem with that site isn't KOSMOS, as it's license does allow distribution. There are MANY mods on that site that are being redistributed without the author's knowledge or consent. It is the reason why that site is blocked. So yes, I and many others have a problem with that. In fact, I was the one who (as far as I know), first posted a link from that site on KSP's forums which lead to the discovery by moderators and the blocking of that site. You can reference that discussion here. As the site has been blocked by moderators, I really don't think there is a need to contact an moderator to show you that is not okay to post that link. Please delete it.

• 1 month later...

I've never used tweakscale but if anyone wants to write a module manager patch for it I'll include it in the mod.

The big rotating panels will mainly be fore large space stations. There will be smaller ones also. (Probly not on the same rotating rig though)

The hex docking port has the same stats as the senior except it has a lower max temperature.

If I may make a request. I had created a MM rescale pack for the old THSS trusses to address the problem that the truss lengths were not consistent. That is, two short trusses were not the same length as a medium truss, and none were any sort of standard length, which made creating modular structures effectively impossible. We have standard diameters (1.25m and multiples/fractions thereof) but not lengths. I had modified these such that the standard length was 1.25m and then welded those together to form longer trusses, reusing the same model to reduce model/texture counts to save RAM. It made them far more flexible.

One option if you don't want to rescale parts already deployed would be to turn the short, atomic length parts into procedural parts, so that you could iterate through 1.25m/2.5m/3.75m (or 1, 2, 3m), etc. creating as long a truss as you needed from a single part. I'm sure you could get the code for doing that from one of the procedural modders. Since procedural tanks already specify such lengths, you could easily pair up parts from different mods to put together stations and such like legos.

This pack works perfectly well in .25 the next version will have B9 style part swapping built in so it will probly be version dependant.

Johnsonwax: I'm not exactly sure what you are requesting. The trusses in this pack are standard lengths. I don't use any procedural parts myself so I'll be keeping this pack as simple parts. The pack does have a licence that allows anyone to make add-ons for it so someone could make a procedural truss add-on.

Please add Tweakscale support, I want to be able to rescale them to larger/smaller versions
I've never used tweakscale but if anyone wants to write a module manager patch for it I'll include it in the mod.

See post #44 in this same thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86388-0-24-1-Speedy-s-Hex-Truss-System?p=1328332&viewfull=1#post1328332. Distribution was approved as well.

Edited by Apollo13

Thanks Apollo, I forgot you made a TS patch.

Exam week is starting so I should have more time to work on this during the next week and during Christmas vacation with all those classes out of the way. I've continued work on the Huge solar panel model and will hopefully get it in game soonish.

SpeedyB, really liking the look of the solar panel truss. That is exactly what I am after!

Perhaps you could also do a radiator panel truss as well? One of the edges inset slightly to accomodate the stowed panels.

Excuse my terrible art skills, it was the only way I could think to put this across!

TeDTkEnl.png

(click to embiggen!)

futbwRw.jpg

And of course, how the real life ISS Radiator S1/P1 truss operates.

If this were just one part, with all the panels being essentially in one, it would cut down on parts, and thus framerate.

I just thought I'd post this, as I feel it's the logical best step from the solar truss you are working on.

• 2 weeks later...

Im using the Hex-Truss-0.3 mod and when I try to use the Hex Truss Docking component to dock with another Truss Docking module, it just doesn't seem to clamp and activate. Im probably missing something. Any suggestions??

THanks, WMC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've tested it. The attach nodes are oriented wrong. Fixing it now, I'll update the mod soon. Won't be any new parts but things should be a bit more balanced. The large truss with LFO will now hold less than the Jumbo 64, its lighter though. The rest of the parts will also have their max temp set up properly (2000 for most parts, might lower this)

I'll work on new parts for the pack as soon as possible.

Mod updated for 1.0

Should all be working properly now. The Hollow trusses can be a little tricky to attach though.

Let me know if there are any bugs.

Thanks for the update =D was just about to report back about the attachment nodes, but looks like you beat me too it! You rock!

EDIT: may wanna update the front page post title to reflect its updated to 1.0 (otherwise im sure there will be several posts asking "is this updated to 1.0?) :P folks dont like to read a few posts up usually

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.