[0.24.2] DebRefund v1.0.13

Vendan

An idea I thought of while watching DebRefund messages pop up... a reputation penalty for letting things crash.

More specifically, stuff that red-zone crashes gives a moderate reputation penalty, stuff that yellow-zone crash-lands gives a minor penalty, and green-zone landed stuff gives no penalty. Should also be balanced against the mass (or price) of the parts... dropping a set of SRBs should pose less of a problem than dropping orange-tank asparagus stages.

An idea I thought of while watching DebRefund messages pop up... a reputation penalty for letting things crash.

More specifically, stuff that red-zone crashes gives a moderate reputation penalty, stuff that yellow-zone crash-lands gives a minor penalty, and green-zone landed stuff gives no penalty. Should also be balanced against the mass (or price) of the parts... dropping a set of SRBs should pose less of a problem than dropping orange-tank asparagus stages.

Posted a feature to github like this... with the addition of "populated areas". Crash into a populated area, and get a big fine and rep hit. May be good to add comments there, link in OP.

Posted a feature to github like this... with the addition of "populated areas". Crash into a populated area, and get a big fine and rep hit. May be good to add comments there, link in OP.

I would like to keep it simple. maybe as optional settings.

I have an exellent idea to add to your awsome mod in purpose of realisme and gameplay fun.

You should add a debris cleaner program. If there is more than 20 space object in orbit around Kerbin, there should be some mission to destroy or recover them with enought money so it would be profitable if you push in in the atmospher with an Ion engine but not so if you do it with a big classic rocket with low Isp.

If you want to have an idea of what I'm thinking, check this video on youtube.

Hey I ran into a problem, I started a new game and I did the normal eva/sample on the launchpad but I just clicked recover while Jeb was EVA and debrefund deleted my ship!!! So I went bankrupt and had to start over again...

Hey I ran into a problem, I started a new game and I did the normal eva/sample on the launchpad but I just clicked recover while Jeb was EVA and debrefund deleted my ship!!! So I went bankrupt and had to start over again...

I just tested this and DebRefund did not delete the ship. I would suggest you strip all mods but DebRefund out and try again, and if it still happens upload your ksp_data\output_log.txt somewhere and link to it here. If it does not happen, load your other mods one by one and keep trying to find out which one is causing the problem.

I use another mod (among others) called Station Science mod. It contains part modules that perform experiments contracts. Upon returning it to Kerbin, the contracts are supposed to payout.

In my latest mission, I separated the experiment part from the command module part and parachuted each separately. DebRefund reported that that the experiment part landed safely. However, the the contract condition of "returned to kerbin" was not satisfied, so I did not get contract completion.

I understand that all mods are not necessarily compatible with other mods. When I mentioned this situation in the Station Science mod thread, the mod author mentioned that DebRefund may not be triggering the "ship recovered" trigger. As I'm not a modder, I don't know about these things.

Anyway, just wanted to report this in case there is something that can be done. My current work-around is ALT-F12/Contracts/Com for the mission upon returning to Kerbin.

Apollo13, while this is not the solution you are seeking, you should be able to [ or ] to make the experiment the active ship, and FOLLOW it down to land. you would get the proper credit just fine then.

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering too. According to what I've read it should work fine. I'll probably do a quick boot after I install it and report back if I have a problem. Already so much going on and TACLS is going to give me trouble I just know it. I would think this one should be fine though.

I stand corrected.. all my other mods are working together happily, but when I install DebRefund, start new game, place pod in VAB and launch the settings get all messed up and the game glitches pretty hard. Guess waiting on a .25 update before I can use DebRefund. Must have something to do with the new systems they put in for career mode.

Edited by Geckgo

Indeed. It is breaking 0.25 bigtime. Bump this Technicalfool.... :cool:

Was a change to how funds are added to player accounts in .25. So pretty sure that would break this mod, a few other things have changed also. sure he will work them out. :)

It's funny. The "blue circle" I believe is the kerbin sky, cause I get clouds with EVE installed. The odd thing to me is... every once in a while on .24.2 my ksp would lock up and do this at random times after running for a while. Never as crippling as it is now, but possible this is a persistent problem from .24 that just got worse, like a pimple that just headed out. Don't know if anyone else had this issue on .24.2 but since it was almost the identical problem... I just never would have suspected this mod. I'm inclined to blame infernal robotics for just about everything, lol. But that seems to be working fine now-a-days.

Hi all, I make a pull request with a tiny patch for make it work in 0.25, if anyone want to test here is it: https://github.com/hashashin/DebRefund/commit/afc40470d53ce0cc557df165ce6001b881e46739

In my short test seems to work fine. Thanks Vendan for this great mod!

Salud.

How wold we go about using that? it doesn't look to me like it's cooked into the .dll file, it looks like it's a raw code file.

Breaking for me too.

From the KSC view click on any building and it loads fine. Exit that building. Click on any other building and you enter fine, but then the entire UI locks up. You cannot exit the building, quit to main menu, or do anything.

Debug window shows NullReferenceExceptions for any mouse-click on anything. Only way to quit the game is to kill the entire window or kill KSP.exe in the task manager.

The capability to recover stages really should have been made stock when Squad implemented funds. Pretty big oversight if you ask me...

I'd have to agree with you there - recovery of stages should be a stock feature. Does anyone here know if there are other plugins that achieve the same thing as DebRefund but work in 0.25?

Have you tried http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86677-0-25-StageRecovery-Recover-Funds-from-Dropped-Stages-v1-5-1-%2810-7-14%29?highlight=stagerecovery

It says it's .25 compatible. I haven't checked it yet, was hoping DebRefund would be updated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.