Xaiier

[0.90] DefaultThrottle - set the default 50% throttle on launch to what YOU want!

Tossed this together since I was tired of seeing people complain about the default 50% throttle in stock.

Install as usual, open the config.txt, put in a number from 0-100, congrats - your default throttle is now whatever you want.

Download v1.0 (8/27/2014)

GitHub Source (MIT Licence)

Edited by Xaiier

It's so nice to see a simple answer to a simple question. Thank you.

Thanks for the mod. Gave ya a forum Rep point as well.

For something so simple and quick, I kinda wish Squad had grabbed this idea and implemented it.

I love how people said that nobody would make a mod for this until the 50% throttle bugged a modder enough for them to do it.

Turns out we didn't need to wait for that. We just needed a modder to become sufficiently bugged by people complaining about it :D

Downloaded, repped, and looking forward to playing with it.

I hadn't given you rep for this before now, so take it and continue to do great things. This is fantastic. :D

True story about the first launch I did after installing this mod and setting my default throttle to the gloriously wonderful 100% that should have been default since the Dawn of Time:

I had a "test this engine on the launch pad" mission and I happened to have that engine in an upper stage (I think it was a 909) but not the first stage. So right after configuring the game to set my default throttle to 100% after over a year of not having that option... I needed it at 0%.

I HAVE NO REGRETS. :D

Great patch for this stock "feature". Some rep for you.

i wish they would get rid of it, SO many people are complaining about it, and with the new Z key, it does not make sense.

Thanks a lot! Was looking for this, I thought the default throttle wouldn't bother me, but after a while it started to.

Why did squad set the throttle to 50% never could understand why they did that I hate it, but no more downloaded the mod throttle set to 0