[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

A small request: would it be possible to get a little checkbox labeled "no inclination change", which allows us to plot transfers for vessels which we have launched directly into the proper inclination to match the target body? :)

(Apologies if this already exists nowadays, when I last looked at TWP a couple months back it did not.)

On 4/25/2016 at 6:53 AM, TriggerAu said:

I got KAC done, will be looking at this and ARP next

Hell yes. I absolutely NEED your 3 mods...I can't live without ARP, KAC, and TWP.

On 3/31/2016 at 2:26 PM, TriggerAu said:

Sorry guys, I'm flat out with KSPedia and the pre release right now. Havent even dug into the UI stuff so this will be a while at this point.

Doing my best, but cant promise anything as I have a day job as well as a Squad job

Working for Squad isn't your day job? You aren't like..without getting too personal..a paid employee?

4 hours ago, Streetwind said:

A small request: would it be possible to get a little checkbox labeled "no inclination change", which allows us to plot transfers for vessels which we have launched directly into the proper inclination to match the target body? :)

(Apologies if this already exists nowadays, when I last looked at TWP a couple months back it did not.)

It doesn't help to match the inclination of the target planet. What you're looking to reach is the inclination of your transfer ellipse, which will most likely have a different inclination than the target, and will change depending on what transfer parameters you choose. AND you can't get to the correct transfer ellipse inclination by matching it in Kerbin orbit. You have to do a vector sum of Kerbin's heliocentric velocity with your spacecraft's hyperbolic excess velocity at Kerbin's SOI edge, then extrapolate that back to LKO.

Edited by Mr Shifty

Hmmm, good point. I guess I didn't think this through fully. :blush:

I mean, it would still be useful for Minmus, but that one minor use case definitely doesn't justify the work. That transfer doesn't even need a window planned to begin with.

Edited by Streetwind

11 hours ago, KocLobster said:

Hell yes. I absolutely NEED your 3 mods...I can't live without ARP, KAC, and TWP.

Working for Squad isn't your day job? You aren't like..without getting too personal..a paid employee?

Not too personal, I am a part time employee for Squad and for my day job I'm a Systems Architect and do systems integration and a range of DevOps type construction. 

20 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Not too personal, I am a part time employee for Squad and for my day job I'm a Systems Architect and do systems integration and a range of DevOps type construction. 

And you still manage to have time for keeping up with your mods? I often don't have time to play KSP with one job, let alone mod it while balancing two.

I'd offer you a cookie or a drink or something for your hard work, but somehow I don't think I can attach RL objects to a reply, so I hope this kerbal with sunglasses will suffice. :cool:

1 hour ago, Mapoko said:

Hello Guys. Isthere any way to install it on 1.1.x ? I thought it will work if I simply install it like other mods, but it is simply not showing.

No. There have been massive changes to unity (It even got 25% more version numberings) that totally changed the way the UI was displayed.

You'll just have to wait for Trigger to get to this, and in the meantime use either Alexmoon's Webpage or the double maneuver node trick:

Spoiler

I'm glade that this mod will be updated. So no need to apologize for beeing slow, just take your time.

This mod is an essential for me when playing with new added planets. I saves so much time and boring work to figure out a good transfer window by myself. I testet the KAC transfer window function...but it is not even near a good window when using calculation based mode.

On May 6, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Sphinx2k said:

I'm glade that this mod will be updated. So no need to apologize for beeing slow, just take your time.

This mod is an essential for me when playing with new added planets. I saves so much time and boring work to figure out a good transfer window by myself. I testet the KAC transfer window function...but it is not even near a good window when using calculation based mode.

I feel you. I waited till 1.1 to install outer planets but KAC doesn't give great transfer windows and because it's modded it's not on the website one. No rush though would rather have a great working update rather than a meh one that needs another update. 

5 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

I waited till 1.1 to install outer planets but KAC doesn't give great transfer windows and because it's modded it's not on the website one.

If you are desperate, you can add custom bodies into AlexMoons website. Pull the data from KER in target mode or so.

See the "add body" buttons on the webpage.

On 9.5.2016 at 6:40 PM, TrooperCooper said:

If you are desperate, you can add custom bodies into AlexMoons website. Pull the data from KER in target mode or so.

See the "add body" buttons on the webpage.

I did not know this. Thanks. Is there a way to save the added planets for myself?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.