What would you want in the next update (0.90)?

EvilotionCR2

Fix the decoupler bugs.

If you mean the decoubler bug of the 64-bit version, it has been fixed as of 0.24.1:

* Fixed an issue with some decoupler modules failing to apply ejection forces when activated.

@OP: Better graphics. When I look at all the other games that are using the Unity engine, most of them have really good graphics even compared to modern standarts, whereas KSP has some really outdated graphics.

Edited by MoreUmpf

If you mean the decoubler bug of the 64-bit version, it has been fixed as of 0.24.1:

Lateral decoupling without separatron during ascending phase still (more or less randomly) destroy the rocket, because the bottom of separated parts collide.This appeared with 0.24 and is still not resolved.

I think what we've already seen presented is fantastic, biomes everywhere, and the fineprint integration and contracts boost is fab.

I'd love a new planet that's just something different though. A planet with a ludicrously high rotation speed like Inaccessible from Planet Factory would be something great, but I'm not fussed really, just something really exotic and unique that we've yet to see. It would be an awesome Christmas present. :D

Lateral decoupling without separatron during ascending phase still (more or less randomly) destroy the rocket, because the bottom of separated parts collide.This appeared with 0.24 and is still not resolved.

I always use properly placed Sepratrons to pull away things like an expended SRB from the launch vehicle. Due to the limited range that a part can snap onto another part, merely using a decoupler will almost always result in a "push" well below the center of mass, causing the top of the SRB to swing inward and hit the launch vehicle.

Real boosters always use small solid rockets to push an SRB away properly.

Also, DIFFERENT propellant combinations with realistic performance specs would be nice.

Since we're getting *some* kind of resource collection/refueling mechanism at some point in the future, I would like to see different engines require specific LF types, specifically RP1, Methane, and LH2. They would all burn with LOx for simplicity (and that's what they do IRL anyway). The purpose of the different fuels would be off-world availability:

• RP1 would only be available on Kerbin
  • Methane could be generated from CO2 rich atmospheres (Duna & Eve) + H2O
  • LH2 could be generated from H2O alone

RP1 and Methane would have good energy density, while LH2 would be low density, but easy to generate.

Big lifter stage engines (T30's, 45's, Mainsails, etc.) and jets could burn RP1, More advances engines (24-77s, LFBs, engine clusters) could burn methane, and dedicated upper stage engines (LV909s, poodles, 48-7S) would use LH2. Oh yeah, and nukes should just use freaking LH2!!!!! ISPs would be changed so the engines perform in basically the exact same as they do currently.

Tanks would be tweakable to set which fuel mixtures to use (pre-set, appropriate fuel:ox ratios), so new models wouldn't be needed.

It's not that complex, and players could be given the option to use "simple LF resource" at the start of any game.

This would also mesh nicely with a life-support system, but... /sigh dare to dream.

1. windows client side IPv6 support!

- DMP can use it, but it is not supported in windows KSP clients

- linux and mac clients are already able to use ipv6

2. faster loading while switching between buildings / map view

- it's not that I don't like the small solar system animation, but sometimes it takes a bit to much time...

3. Objects "on-rail" shouldn't just dissappear while reentry

- like the space shuttle booster rokets beside the main tank

- so before deleting, check for the following:

-- a actiongroup for automatic reentry and return

-- or just check for unused parachutes and open them

- after checking that, this object - of course - needs a physical simulation!

The game will not be complete in my eyes until a Saturn analogue is included in the stock game.

The DangIt mod should be stock too, but optional through the difficulty options.

(2) Realistic engine exhaust plumes. A hydrogen/oxygen engine doesn't produce a narrow orange plume in a vacuum. Maybe something like this:

(click pic for full res)

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/s2.png

...or orange/white for lox/RP1... but please no "blowtorches" in a vacuum!

What mod did you use to get those effects?

Edited by Mitchz95

I would LOVE if these two parts were added/modified:

-Radial Separators (Great for radially attaching probes and rovers without the unbalancing decoupler)

-Oscar B- NEEDS to be radially attachable like the rest of the tanks, you won't believe how much this bugs me.

Also, I'd like a small buff on it's fuel capacity.

I'd like to be able to group my craft within groups in the normal categories. For example, I have 32 GNSS Satellites orbiting, it'd help me to reduce clutter if I could go to the tracking station highlight satellites and see "GNSS Cluster" with an option to expand rather than having to scroll past 32 individual satellites to get to my others.

I'd like to be able to group my craft within groups in the normal categories. For example, I have 32 GNSS Satellites orbiting, it'd help me to reduce clutter if I could go to the tracking station highlight satellites and see "GNSS Cluster" with an option to expand rather than having to scroll past 32 individual satellites to get to my others.

Definitely this! That would alse get rid of all those flags. Great idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.