[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

When i select somthing like a prop (exept the pushing ones) it dosent show anything, like the prop is invisable.

The props appear well below where your cursor is, usually below the floor-scroll up.

Is there any chance you could post the craft files for those?

Sure. You\'ll need the following:

C7: All of the things

JellyCubes: Forward swept wing

Damned Industries: Robotics & Aerospace packs

TiberDyne: Mk3 shuttle RCS nose unit, Launchpad Stand

Kosmos - ASAS

KW - KW Strut Connector Medium

Void Bukerneering - Particle Cannon

HSTW - Sunbeam Laser

Probodobodyne: Satellite struts

Once again, I\'d recommend using a joystick to fly these craft. Especially the Wright Brother\'s Flyer_1, it\'s the most maneouverable aircraft I\'ve ever created, but that naturally comes at the price of straight-line stability. :)

That Vtol is a cool looking beast. You did well landing it on the hangar. Lots of practice eh.

Yeah, it took a while, considering I didn\'t use the asas at all, & it\'s roughly the same size as the roof itself... :D

I have no idea why, but on certain occasions the prop on the front of a plane will fly off. Randomly. Changing things can fix it, but then if i add a part it may fly off.

That\'s likely due the origin hack madness required in .14.

I\'m currently getting the pack ready for .15, this version will not use that hack ( Thanks to C7 for making the engine damage toggle-able in the .cfg per my request)

This means that both the helicopter part and the pulling props will get sensible mass values and no longer have a TWR over 9000, this is already tested and works much better than before.

Just because I love these parts so much, here\'s another aircraft, cross-posted from the thread in the Spacecraft Exchange:

The MkII ADD Swallow.

1DlAKl.png

8S99Kl.jpg

In my experimenting, I\'ve come across the immutable fact that if you want a nimble aircraft, you should either make a canard, or a biplane. So I made an aircraft that\'s both. At low speeds(flies best at only 2 marks of throttle) it can turn within the radius of the VAB, as proven by a number of crashes whilst using the VAB as a race pylon. I seriously recommend using a joystick to fly the ADD Swallow, or else you\'ll find yourself laminated to various surfaces at high speed.

To fly the ADD Swallow, you\'ll need the following:

C7: All of the things

Damned Aerospace: 1m pusher prop

JellyCubes: Forward swept wing

TiberDyne: Launch Stand

Kosmos: 1m inverter

KW - KW Strut Connector Medium

Had some bizarre going on so far with this, first was the turbines attached to tiltrotor parts ending up pointing the wrong way, second was the ducted fans being um...symetrical. The problem is that they don\'t have a visual front/back differentiation, so figuring out which direction to face them is a bit of a challenge.

Also seeing the old joint bending again, but I have a solution for that, if it still works.

The direction of rotation is determined by which side you attach the tiltrotor to, right side should be correct iirc.

The ducted fans have a orange and a red spinner, the red one pointing backwards. Might not be ideal for colorblind people, but you can easily recolor that part of the texture to a more easily differentiated color (blue maybe?).

Seen some weirdness with surface attached things, weirdly enough hitting restart flight seem to make the joints rock solid.

You are either using the demo version or have the wrong/no version of the plugin. The correct plugin version is 1.8.2 and is included in the release.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to alter the thrust/fuel consumption parameters to bring your engines more inline with the new stock spaceplane engines at all, or are you satisfied with them as they are?

The TWR does indeed match, except for the 1m pusher prop, which still has a weight of 0.2, not 1. Not sure whether or not you want to make the props less powerful than comparative jet engines, as that seems to be a realism call, not a gameplay one. However, the fuel consumption on the new C7\'s are 0.3 & 0.4, whereas your 1m props still have a burn rate of 2, making them less useful for flights of any duration.

That said, thanks again for all the hard work & awesome parts! :)

ecbIs.png

vYwg9.jpg

And I adjusted the engines fuel consumption to match that of C7s engines. All except the propfan, that has half the TWR and twice the fuel-efficiency.

I haven\'t seen any of his other films, except titanic (gotta love a good drama) so I wouldn\'t know.

You mean you haven\'t seen 'Aliens'?

Nothing else matters unless you have seen that (and of course its predecessor 'Alien').

That movie even contains some Kerbal-worthy vehicles: