[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

Hi all,

I'm wasn't really sure where to ask this, but I figured since it seems to be a campaign issue I might as well ask here.

I have ported my 1.0.5 savegame to 1.1. Most things seem to be working fine, except for one weird bug I just encountered with the HG55 communotron.

You see I have researched and bought this part but I cannot select it in the VAB stating that "an entry purchase in R&D is required"

This is the communotron entry in the VAB

And this is the entry in the R&D screen

This might be a Kerbal Construction Time issue, but I was wondering if there was a way for me to resolve this manually, either through savegame editing or the debug console.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After some more searching I have found that a duplicate unresearched HG55 is created in the R&D screen. Each time I go back to the VAB the part is still not selectable and once I go back to the R&D screen there is another unresearched duplicate.

EDIT: Also noticed the researched parts are called "Communotron HG-55" while the researchable part is called "HG-55 High Gain Antenna"

Edited by android65

Ok, I'm at a loss here.  Trying to migrate my 1.0.5 save to 1.1.2  I'm trying to use my sounding rocket using the procedural wings.  However, the mass of the fin seems to be way off.  You can see before I attach one fin, the weight of the craft is 1.29t, but after it goes up to 1.34t, even though the right click menu says the wing should only weigh .00028...  Suggestions?

Lol well...

To the guy having issues installing with ckan....  ur not alone with ckan failing.... I just totally broke ckan completely lol.  As to me getting actual data on my engines failing due to vapor in feed lines attempting tests now if ksp loads thru my butchery of mods placed into the game....

68 total. My last attempt that killed my computer was 82

For anyone having trouble with proc wings, update FAR (and update RO).

Now: v0.49

Thanks to dxdy, Zarbizaure, awang, and NathanKell

For use with RO v11.0.1+

• Support LE-5 and LE-7 from Forgotten Real Engines
  • Place/price some parts new in 1.1 and 1.0.5.
  • Add a self destruct system to all avionics units, borrowing its basic algorithm from TAC Self Destruct. Note: not available on avionics units on crewed parts. This self destruct system can be activated by menu or by action group and will destroy all vessel parts when triggered.
  • Cost misc aero parts and small tanks.
  • Place/price the Aviation Cockpits parts supported by RO.
  • Require things to go up in the First Flight contract.
  • Readme and netkan fixes.

5 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Support LE-5 and LE-7 from Forgotten Real Engines

About that: If have have non RP-0 parts hidden, and updates make some of these parts usable - will they automatically show up?

@android65 I have a similar problem with the first retractable landing gear. It is researched, yet it isn't. I can't place it anymore, ever though I could just after first researching it. I can however copy it form other crafts that already use it.

52 minutes ago, Nobody6 said:

About that: If have have non RP-0 parts hidden, and updates make some of these parts usable - will they automatically show up?

@android65 I have a similar problem with the first retractable landing gear. It is researched, yet it isn't. I can't place it anymore, ever though I could just after first researching it. I can however copy it form other crafts that already use it.

I'd assume yes. If they don't, try deleting the MM cache file. Even though that shouldn't be necessary. Afaik the entire part database is rebuilt every time you start the game and it shouldn't cause any problems therefore.

Hi everyone. Little question here. I really love Raidernick's mods (US/Soviet probes/rockets, spacecrafts, Cygnus-Antares, Skylab, Fasa), many parts is non-rp0 but they really fit in historical playthrough like rp-0, so i would like to keep them in my game unless they really will cause serious imbalance. I pruned all non-real fuels engines and all parts that relate to them. Beside of Raidernick's mods, Bobcat's Soviet Engines, and recommended by rp-0 mods i have no others parts packs. So, is it okay to play like that or it will cause some problems in future? Right now i just started career, launched several sounding rockets, so its not too late to wipe all non-rp0 mods right now. Google translate, my apologies if something wrong :)

Edit: somehow i ended up in Tree.yml. Seems like it works for me and im happy with it (Cygnus and Antares, Proton, some non-rp0 Skylab parts). I wanted to know whether I 'm doing it right or wrong. I follow CTT nodes , but the prices are almost all at random, based on similar parts. Github scares me to death. I would be very happy if I could help developers RO/Rp0 even with such simple things, unless of course I'm doing all right. Please do not laugh at me :D 

KCSl3xp.jpg

Edited by vgamble

i cant believe nobody has yet to comment on the bloody 20 inch xray probe exploding and it seems alot of people are having this issue. Does anybody know how i can fix this ? I cant get into orbit because of this stupid bug, if i use the sputnik instead its too heavy and i don have enough delta v if i use 20 inch x ray probe it explodes and ive tried loads of different speed and trajactories all with the same result.

Edited by Kingbowie

4 hours ago, Kingbowie said:

i cant believe nobody has yet to comment on the bloody 20 inch xray probe exploding and it seems alot of people are having this issue. Does anybody know how i can fix this ? I cant get into orbit because of this stupid bug, if i use the sputnik instead its too heavy and i don have enough delta v if i use 20 inch x ray probe it explodes and ive tried loads of different speed and trajactories all with the same result.

Are you sure you have everything up to date? I had similar problems, but now with latest versions it works as it should. AFAIK it was FAR bug, check if you have latest version.

Hi, I am bringing this over from my post on the contract configurator thread, as it seems it could be an RP-0 thing: I am having a bit of a problem with the 'First Space Station' contract. I have built a station, launched it and got it into orbit empty, then launched a crew, who spent 30 days there. I then undocked their capsule and brought them home safe. Problem is, these last parts don't seem to register, and the contract won't complete, despite all the mission objectives having been met. Any help would be appreciated! If more info is needed, I am happy to provide it, if you tell me what you need. Thanks!

Screenshot of the result, with all the apparently incomplete objectives here: http://imgur.com/RF9onEJ

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to use the patch by pjf to remove avionics but it's not working. I copied this:

On 15 March 2015 at 10:23 AM, pjf said:

// Remove avionics on everything
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAvionics]]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[ModuleAvionics] { }
}

into a file I called zzavionics.cfg and put it in GameData. Any ideas?

While I'm on the topic, what exactly is avionics supposed to represent?

I know it would be unrealistic to fly eg. a Saturn V entirely with the CM but isn't that an issue of complexity and flight profile? Wouldn't it be better (though still unrealistic since inert parts like struts shouldn't contribute) to use part count or something similar? It seems that Big Dumb Boosters like Sea Dragon or OTRAG would be poorly represented with this model.

I ask this to stimulate some discussion about the concept, not disparage and I respect the work already done and the intent behind it.

Thank you.

Question about unlocking science nodes.  Back in 1.0.5, if you unlocked nodes to be researched, and then went away and back into the science screen, you would have to re-unlock them before you could unlock further nodes.  The second time you unlock it, it doesn't cost you anything (obviously) but now you have the option of unlocking later nodes, assuming you have the science points.  Now when trying to do that, I can re-unlock only one node.  When I go to re-unlock another node I'm researching, the blue icon does nothing when I click it (and doesn't even change to the light blue when I mouseover it)

Edited by rsparkyc

Having the same issue.

On 5/18/2016 at 5:59 PM, android65 said:

Hi all,

I'm wasn't really sure where to ask this, but I figured since it seems to be a campaign issue I might as well ask here.

I have ported my 1.0.5 savegame to 1.1. Most things seem to be working fine, except for one weird bug I just encountered with the HG55 communotron.

You see I have researched and bought this part but I cannot select it in the VAB stating that "an entry purchase in R&D is required"

This is the communotron entry in the VAB

And this is the entry in the R&D screen

This might be a Kerbal Construction Time issue, but I was wondering if there was a way for me to resolve this manually, either through savegame editing or the debug console.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After some more searching I have found that a duplicate unresearched HG55 is created in the R&D screen. Each time I go back to the VAB the part is still not selectable and once I go back to the R&D screen there is another unresearched duplicate.

EDIT: Also noticed the researched parts are called "Communotron HG-55" while the researchable part is called "HG-55 High Gain Antenna"

My career is on halt until it is fixed or I can figure a workaround.  Any ideas on if editing the part.cfg would help and if so what edit should I make?

Edited by Herrkurt

On 5/22/2016 at 11:51 AM, Kingbowie said:

Did updating FAR fix this problem for you? I doubled the max temperature values for the part in the config file for it and have not tried cutting them back to their original value yet to see if the problem has been fixed.

Can someone give me a rundown on how to install the FASA launch clamps and tower into RP-0? Or confirm that they arent working in 1.1.2 yet? I put the FASA_Launch_Clamp_125 and FASA_Launch_Tower directories into my GameData, but they dont appear in the techtree of my RP-0 career. :(

4 hours ago, wonderwulf said:

Did updating FAR fix this problem for you? I doubled the max temperature values for the part in the config file for it and have not tried cutting them back to their original value yet to see if the problem has been fixed.

Fixed it for me.

@NathanKell What did your investigation of the HG-55 not unlocking show?  Really want to be able to use it for the interplanetary window I have coming.

1 hour ago, TrooperCooper said:

Can someone give me a rundown on how to install the FASA launch clamps and tower into RP-0? Or confirm that they arent working in 1.1.2 yet? I put the FASA_Launch_Clamp_125 and FASA_Launch_Tower directories into my GameData, but they dont appear in the techtree of my RP-0 career. :(

Did you put them in GameData/FASA/Misc or directly in GameData? The former works for me.

Edited by Aelfhe1m
punctuation

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Did you put them in GameData/FASA/Misc or directly in GameData? The former works for me.

I have them directly in GameData. That might be it. I'll try it out. Thank you. :)

EDIT: works! thanks again :)

Edited by TrooperCooper

21 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

Question about unlocking science nodes.  Back in 1.0.5, if you unlocked nodes to be researched, and then went away and back into the science screen, you would have to re-unlock them before you could unlock further nodes.  The second time you unlock it, it doesn't cost you anything (obviously) but now you have the option of unlocking later nodes, assuming you have the science points.  Now when trying to do that, I can re-unlock only one node.  When I go to re-unlock another node I'm researching, the blue icon does nothing when I click it (and doesn't even change to the light blue when I mouseover it)

Its a bit silly, but i found it goes like this:

Upon entering R&D, check your (a) available science points. Note the (b) science values of the in-progress nodes you want to click through.

Clickclickclick - once (b) exceeds (a), thats how far you'll get this time round.

Have more science points saved up and you can click arround techtree more freely.

Edit: I'm also stuck on the HG-55 High Gain Antenna bug (and the ST3 solar panels) witch venus launch window aproaching fast... I might let this one slip and focus on the moon a little more.

Edited by Gannaf