[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

On 12/4/2015, 3:11:24, Eudae55 said:

As above, its just a temporary texture. Plock and its moon should be here soon. There is just some testing left to do to make sure they work in game. 

Below is a render of the two upcoming bodies if you're curious. They won't look exactly like this but you get the idea. 

GZZjekt.jpg

Sign me up! I'm a willing tester.

Will it use SigmaBinary?

11 minutes ago, Interplanet Janet said:

I noticed, but based on Ike's mass compared to Duna's, it should do the same thing. Honestly, I think an analogue swap is best...but I don't know how to create a planet pack, especially with my 1-gig-of-RAM, 90-GB-space, i5 Processor school computer.

I would be amazed if you can even run the game let alone any mods on that computer :rolleyes:. I mean if you can run the mod at all then you can mod planets yourself there is not any more resource usage in editing planets than running them normally. I also think they know you want the switch at this point it is abundantly clear from multiple posts. The horse is dead let it rest. 

@CaptRobau @Eudae55 Those renders look spectacular! :D 

Edited by Svm420

On 12/6/2015, 12:19:13, Sanic said:

All my gas giants are pure white, and the ring systems white blocks. None of the moons besides Eeloo and Plock are even in the game.

HALP!!!

That's either a bad installation of the mod or a conflict with another mod. Check this:

1. Do you have KSP 1.05 installed?

2. Do you have Outer Planets Mod 1.8.1 installed?

3. Do you have Kopernicus 0.5.2 installed?

If you have all these versions of the game and the main mods could you check if you have the TextureReplacer mod or Active Texture Management mod? If you have, first remove one of them, then test to see if OPM works correctly. If that's not the case, do the same for the second mod.

On 12/6/2015, 1:09:42, TheVoidPhoenix said:

Hmm i have an odd issue ive never had before, all planet packs work, but when I install OPM, the KSC is not there when I go into my save! Any ideas??

Try removing the planet packs one by one. Could be that one's incompatible with the current Kopernicus.

On 12/5/2015, 4:56:41, _Augustus_ said:

Sign me up! I'm a willing tester.

Will it use SigmaBinary?

Yes to SigmaBinary, no to tester (only because I expect to have it done before the holidays and I haven't encountered anything bad).

22 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

I noticed, but based on Ike's mass compared to Duna's, it should do the same thing. Honestly, I think an analogue swap is best...but I don't know how to create a planet pack, especially with my 1-gig-of-RAM, 90-GB-space, i5 Processor school computer.

I calculated the barycenter of Duna-Ike and it's not outside of Duna. Only about 60% of the way, which is less than the Earth vs. the Moon. Duna and Ike have a weird orbital configuration, but it's not a binary one. Perhaps it's closer to a horseshoe orbit or something.

7 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

That's either a bad installation of the mod or a conflict with another mod. Check this:

1. Do you have KSP 1.05 installed?

2. Do you have Outer Planets Mod 1.8.1 installed?

3. Do you have Kopernicus 0.5.2 installed?

If you have all these versions of the game and the main mods could you check if you have the TextureReplacer mod or Active Texture Management mod? If you have, first remove one of them, then test to see if OPM works correctly. If that's not the case, do the same for the second mod.

I know this really isn't the place to ask for modded support, but I really don't care. I have no visual mods. Are any mods known to cause conflicts? BTW I have absolutely no visual mods whatsoever.

I just installed KSP 1.0.5 (clean install, OSX 10.10.5).  When I install OPM & Kopernicus 0.5.2, there's a strange offset in the planets view in the tracking station -- planets, orbits and waypoint/spacecraft icons all have different offsets, so that orbits don't do around planets, and don't connect to the object in the orbit.  If I remove them it's back to normal.  Has anyone else seen this?

15 hours ago, Sanic said:

I know this really isn't the place to ask for modded support, but I really don't care. I have no visual mods. Are any mods known to cause conflicts? BTW I have absolutely no visual mods whatsoever.

ATM and TextureReplacer are generally the culprit, but if you want anything non visual I only know that older planet packs (ie. ones that haven't been updated to recent KSP/Kopernicus versions) have been known to cause issues.

14 hours ago, Markarian421 said:

I just installed KSP 1.0.5 (clean install, OSX 10.10.5).  When I install OPM & Kopernicus 0.5.2, there's a strange offset in the planets view in the tracking station -- planets, orbits and waypoint/spacecraft icons all have different offsets, so that orbits don't do around planets, and don't connect to the object in the orbit.  If I remove them it's back to normal.  Has anyone else seen this?

I haven't seen something like this myself. Since I have no experience with OSX and OPM, it could simply be a OSX thing or it could be a general bug that I've never encountered. I truly have no idea.

Please help. The gas giants dont have moons, and are just white balls ): Plocks fine, And eeloos fine, All the rest but the gas giants are gone, And the gas giants are white, Sarnus and urlum have rings, But they are just white disks. ): :(

A little file fiddling later, nothing. The exact same thing happens.

Im gonna try re-downloading, and re-installing it.

Also, When I try putting it in the gamedata folder, it automatically goes into the gamedata folder I had for hyperedit. Any idea why?

Just tried reinstalling it, The KSP play button was greyed out. Moved the OPM file from hyperedit to the file it should have been in, once again the gas giants are white, with white rings, and the added moons are gone. ): ;.;:(;.;

Edited by Flybuild

10 minutes ago, Flybuild said:

Please help. The gas giants dont have moons, and are just white balls ): Plocks fine, And eeloos fine, All the rest but the gas giants are gone, And the gas giants are white, Sarnus and urlum have rings, But they are just white disks. ): :(

A little file fiddling later, nothing. The exact same thing happens.

Im gonna try re-downloading, and re-installing it.

I had the same problem :(

11 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

I haven't seen something like this myself. Since I have no experience with OSX and OPM, it could simply be a OSX thing or it could be a general bug that I've never encountered. I truly have no idea.

I should update: after playing yesterday I eventually saw this without OPM installed.  It's just that if OPM is installed I see it right away.  Highly speculative guess: it's an early sign of being almost out of memory, and installing OPM gets me there a lot faster.  The 1.0.x OSX builds of KSP I've tried have some kind of really severe memory use bug, it runs out way sooner than it should.

In short: probably not OPM's fault.

20 hours ago, Markarian421 said:

I should update: after playing yesterday I eventually saw this without OPM installed.  It's just that if OPM is installed I see it right away.  Highly speculative guess: it's an early sign of being almost out of memory, and installing OPM gets me there a lot faster.  The 1.0.x OSX builds of KSP I've tried have some kind of really severe memory use bug, it runs out way sooner than it should.

In short: probably not OPM's fault.

oh... so he isn'T tHe fault? Dang, Wish it could bE fixed somehow, boy I wanted to add that to my Game, Also, why aM I so fasinatEd with putting random caps letters? decode it. lol

Edited by Flybuild

OK. Got a FRESH KSP INSTALL, Added kopernicus, added outer planets, They worked, Added hyperedit, they still work, This tells me its incompatible with sido's urania system, Either that or a wierd install error that wasnt my fault. Based off the fact that nothing really moves itself somewhere without letting me know, I am asuming incompatibility, So, Whats so incompatible with OPM and Urania?

And how do I fix it?

Edited by Flybuild

12 hours ago, Flybuild said:

OK. Got a FRESH KSP INSTALL, Added kopernicus, added outer planets, They worked, Added hyperedit, they still work, This tells me its incompatible with sido's urania system, Either that or a wierd install error that wasnt my fault. Based off the fact that nothing really moves itself somewhere without letting me know, I am asuming incompatibility, So, Whats so incompatible with OPM and Urania?

And how do I fix it?

Simple: Delete Urania and wait for it 'till it gets updated because Urania was build for Kopernicus 0.4 and NOT 0.5.2

6 hours ago, Olympic1 said:

Simple: Delete Urania and wait for it 'till it gets updated because Urania was build for Kopernicus 0.4 and NOT 0.5.2

Dude. You do realize that I managed to get urania and outer planets working together before, its just when I deleted them all (and accidently the squad thing) and reinstalled everything, it stopped working.

Edited by Flybuild

If it worked in 1.0.5 before, with the same version of Uraniua, OPM and Kopernicus, then something is wrong with the installation. In either case it's texture related. Could I get a screenshot of your GameData folder, all your computer specifics (OS, graphics card, the works)? It might help.

1 hour ago, CaptRobau said:

I saw it, but I'm too busy. OPM is the only thing I can spend time on in terms of modding.

I see. I presume Plock is next on the to-do list?

Also, I re-installed OPM recently (had to de-install it for 1.0.5), and for some weird reason either the moons or the rings of Sarnus and Urlum have moved: Polta and Priax are now orbiting inside Urlum's rings and Hale is no longer orbiting in the gap in Sarnus' rings. Instead, Hale smashes through Sarnus' rings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.