[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

It would appear that I didn't copy the new Kopernicus 0.0.4 DLL when I made that new folder and as such 1.5.1 shipped with the old plugin and thus didn't solve the biome bug. My bad. When I have time today I'll push another update that fixes that mistake.

In the meantime, you can download the DLL from here: https://github.com/BryceSchroeder/Kopernicus/releases

I will update my Regolith config too, so that you can have resources on Tekto too

I will update my Regolith config too, so that you can have resources on Tekto too

Thanks. The oceans aren't water btw, even though they look like it. In the future we want the oceans to look different, since we consider them to be made up of something akin to Titan's liquid methane. Don't know what that translated too in Regolith, but I know you'll think of something.

If you could get it done today, that would be great as I could then include it with another hotfix which adds the correct Kopernicus plugin, so that the biome bug is actually fixed.

Edited by CaptRobau

Okay, I've been running some tests with DRE and my conclusion is that your just coming into deep. Sarnus has a 304K atmosphere compared to Jool's 138K atmo. This simply means you can't go in as deep as you're used to with Jool and come out alive on the other side (gas giants are not meant to descend in safely, so don't be surpised if your ship is destroyed while deep in one of their atmospheres). I've done some tests with the latest stable DRE and OPM 1.5.2, so the only difference could be the updated Kopernicus 0.0.4 which you haven't been using with DRE yet. Seeing as that Kopernicus update didn't manage anything about atmospheres, I think you all have been approaching Sarnus the wrong way. Here's an album which shows you how to safely aerobrake. If you have been experiencing high G and excessive heating up with DRE at the periapsis I've used, then let me know because then it's a real bug.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Okay, I've been running some tests with DRE and my conclusion is that your just coming into deep. Sarnus has a 304K atmosphere compared to Jool's 138K atmo. This simply means you can't go in as deep as you're used to with Jool and come out alive on the other side (gas giants are not meant to descend in safely, so don't be surpised if your ship is destroyed while deep in one of their atmospheres). I've done some tests with the latest stable DRE and OPM 1.5.2, so the only difference could be the updated Kopernicus 0.0.4 which you haven't been using with DRE yet. Seeing as that Kopernicus update didn't manage anything about atmospheres, I think you all have been approaching Sarnus the wrong way. Here's an album which shows you how to safely aerobrake. If you have been experiencing high G and excessive heating up with DRE at the periapsis I've used, then let me know because then it's a real bug.

Wow, I feel very silly now. I guess I just assumed that the atmospheres were approximately as dense and since Sarnus is slightly smaller than Jool, I must have figured that you needed a lower periapsis. Sorry for wasting your time!

Thanks. The oceans aren't water btw, even though they look like it. In the future we want the oceans to look different, since we consider them to be made up of something akin to Titan's liquid methane. Don't know what that translated too in Regolith, but I know you'll think of something.

If you could get it done today, that would be great as I could then include it with another hotfix which adds the correct Kopernicus plugin, so that the biome bug is actually fixed.

I almost done with my configs.

As for Liquid Methane, Regolith supports it under the name "LqdMethane" but the only mods that use that as a resources are KSPI, Real Fuels and RealismOverhaul. Bu they have no drills, as far as I know.

Thanks. Well it doesn't have to be Liquid Methane and since it's used so little, just go with Karbonite. It's usually found in atmospheres aka a gas. Methane is also most of the time a gas, except for Titan where its liquid and filling lakes. Seems to be the best analog for it in the list of most-used mod resources.

Thanks. Well it doesn't have to be Liquid Methane and since it's used so little, just go with Karbonite. It's usually found in atmospheres aka a gas. Methane is also most of the time a gas, except for Titan where its liquid and filling lakes. Seems to be the best analog for it in the list of most-used mod resources.

Ok then, I'll use Karbonite for Tekto.

- - - Updated - - -

I updated my Regolith configs (v3) for the new planet Tekto. You can download them from HERE.

I'll add biome specific resources when there are biomes for Tekto.

Changelog v3:

- Adds Karbonite in the SOI of Tekto.

- Adds Karbonite and Water in the atmosphere of Tekto.

- Adds Karborundum to Tekto (Crustal) because of the dense atmosphere.

- Changed MaxAbundance of Slate's Floodplains from 50 to 30.

Features:

- Adds Karborundum to Plock and Tekto (Crustal).

- Adds Karbonite, Minerals, Ore and Substrate to Slate (Crustal).

- Adds Water at the 'Seabed' and 'Floodplains' biome of Slate (Crustal).

- Adds Karbonite in the SOI of Sarnus, Tekto, Urlum and Neidon.

- Adds Karbonite and Water in the atmosphere of Sarnus, Tekto, Urlum and Neidon.

Another hotfix, 1.5.2 is out!

1.5.1 did not contain the correct DLL for Kopernicus. I also used this hotfix to fix some other small issues. Sorry for the three updates in two days.

FRO6RIX.png WhwiS8Y.png

-Included the correct DLL for Kopernicus 0.4, so that the biome bug is now actually fixed
-Added a missing cloud layer in the AVP config for Sarnus
-Added biome-specific resources for Sarnus' moons to the Regolith config
-Added resources on Tekto to the Regolith config

Thanks Olympic 1 for updating the Regolith config so swiftly.

Edited by CaptRobau

Alright ladies and gentlemen, the 64K configs are done (sort of).

//The RSS config deviates in some aspects from the regular 64K, should that be unwanted,

using the RealSolarSystem.cfg from 64K will *probably* work with this, provided you delete the entry for Eeloo.

RSS/64K:

-TheRealSolarSystem.cfg file is based off the 24h version; the 12h patch should work just fine.

-The Mun has a heightmap, no idea if that is good or bad :D

-Minmus is now only 3.2x of it's stock size, its orbit remains at 6.4x

-Gilly and Bop have stock sizes, Bop's orbit remains at 6.4x

-Gilly's orbit is at 3.2x of its stock size, since the view is more enjoyable this way :3

-Eeloo now orbits Sarnus (hopefully!)

-RSS .obj files for Minmus, Gilly and Bop are included, this is important for ScaledSpace.

OPM:

-All OPM bodies with the exception of Hale have had their radii and semi major axes increased by 6.4x. Hale had its radius increased by only 3.2x to allow for a SOI above of its surface, though it still is pretty darn small. If you want to increase it for easier encounters, hit up ctrl+p, select Hale under “Planet Selectionâ€Â, click “LoadDataâ€Â, and refocus, the SOI should then be at 59km. No, there is no other way :P

-All atmospheric OPM planets with the exception of Sarnus had their atmospheric heights and scaleheights multiplied by 1.32.

-The gas giants have the densities of Saturn, Uranus and Neptune with according masses and gravity wells. A flyby of Sarnus means ejection from the Kerbol system, last time I checked.

-Hale has a density that should approach somewhat realistic areas, Ovok has its density(but not its size) modeled on Methone. Slate has kept its geeASLvalue, preserving its Tylosan resemblance; and, lastly, Tekto now has Titan's density.

-Played a little with the terrain on slate and hale, no guarantees about it being an improvement.

-Kittopia/Kopernicus.bin files are included, again, important for ScaledSpace.

-Added blank overwrite files for solar power curve and antenna range, those things are being handled by 64k.

AVP/EVE

//WhileAVP:Interstellar v2 does work just fine with 64K for the most part,there are a few things that do not play together well, so I tried to resolve those as best as I could.

-Fixed surface glow layer on the Mun being too low and removed the “Halos†around some of Jool's moons, as well as the cloud layer above Pol.

-Toned down lightning on all planets a lot, removed it from Duna, added it to Tekto. As a side effect, the lightning is a lot dimmer. This is hardly ideal, but I have no idea how to get around that as of now.

-Clouds work out of the box on the gas giants, made atmospheric haze work there too. Failed to achieve acceptable results with the Haze around most of the terrestrial planets, so I left that untouched.

-Tekto's clouds work reasonably well fortunately, however getting the atmospheric haze right will require someone more skilled with EVE than me.

Install procedure:

1.) AVP Interstellar V2 (can be skipped if you dont care about the visuals or your pc has trouble with it)

2.) OPM and 64K, do overwrite everything that comes from OPM, do not copy the "BoulderCo" folder from 64k however.

3.) Install the compatibility configs, overwriting everything when asked. If you skipped AVP, just leave out the "BoulderCo" folder.

What works:

-Sizes, adjusted densities, adjusted orbits

-Rings, clouds (sort of), most of the visual stuff from AVP:I, including lightning for Tekto

-Solar panels (un-)powered by 64k, RT should also work up to Neidon with the proper dish.

Known Issues:

-Hale has Gilly's colormap when viewed from close up outside of Scaledspace, but since this happens on the "stock" OPM as well, I did not really bother trying to fix it for now.

-Not all parts of AVP work as desired with rescales, and the nonexistent documentation of EVE does not make anything easier, I did try to fix what I could though. What is especially noticeable is massive z-fighting on the gas giants - this is nothing that can be easily remedied by configs I am afraid. If its too bad for you, use Alt+N to open the EVE gui and remove cloud layers until you like it.

Do note that there were changes to orbits and radii to several planetary bodies from the last update, so please back up your 200 hour career game before finding out whether this config wrecks havoc on it or not.

Download

Edited by Tellion
Integrated changes from 64K 1.0.90.5, reentry issues hopefully gone.

Fantastic update, this update seems to have resolved the earlier bug I was having with unrecoverable black screen on leaving Kerbin SOI, which I was never able to isolate (back on page 59).

I did not see that any changes were applied to Remote tech antennas upon installing 1.5.2, but I see the config file in the OPM folder, so Im not sure if the effective range is working and the description just wasn't updated.

Fantastic update, this update seems to have resolved the earlier bug I was having with unrecoverable black screen on leaving Kerbin SOI, which I was never able to isolate (back on page 59).

I just ran a test with 1.5.2 and Kerbal Engineer, no issues when I left Kerbin's SOI, which is great. I'll try another test later tonight with more mods installed.

http://imgur.com/a/ebCyi

This doesn't work for me. I dipped the periapsis like less than 5 km from the edge and at the starting moment of entering atmosphere border destruction occurs instantly. There is no transition. It's like hitting a wall. Sarnus and Urlum, same thing.

Speeds of reentry are around 3500 m/s. That's perfectly fine for Jool. Actually even with higher speeds there's a pretty large window of periapsides. I've returned home to Kerbin at enormous speeds of over 5500 m/s and DRE doesn't cause problems at hard mode. At OPM planets, you hit an invisible brick wall. :)

I just ran a test with 1.5.2 and Kerbal Engineer, no issues when I left Kerbin's SOI, which is great. I'll try another test later tonight with more mods installed.

I've had issues with black screens and/or camera zooming out at the speed of light when changing camera.

I've found that the problem was having a vessel with a root that was a part modified by tweakscale, i had a fuel tank that was 3.75meters in stock, and I used it bigger (5meters) as root for my ship, had the bug every time, after I changed the root (and restarted ksp) everything was fine

Edited by Sigma88

This doesn't work for me. I dipped the periapsis like less than 5 km from the edge and at the starting moment of entering atmosphere border destruction occurs instantly. There is no transition. It's like hitting a wall. Sarnus and Urlum, same thing.

Speeds of reentry are around 3500 m/s. That's perfectly fine for Jool. Actually even with higher speeds there's a pretty large window of periapsides. I've returned home to Kerbin at enormous speeds of over 5500 m/s and DRE doesn't cause problems at hard mode. At OPM planets, you hit an invisible brick wall. :)

Hard mode?

Well I didn't test that. Only the normal version. The hard mode is not a downloadable version right? Can't find it anywhere.

its an ingame option. on the stock toolbar, there is the DRE Icon, if you click on that there are 3 options, Easy, Normal, and Hard. There are other check boxes but I don't know what those do :3

Sigh, the latest version breaks the 64k configs - replacing the Kopernicus.dll with the one from KopernicusTech will restore functionality however. I have not the slightest idea where exactly the main branch kopernicus.dll and the fork's dll differ, what parts of the previously working config the former does not accept so that is that for the moment...

Hi Robau, I can't get stars to load at all. They just stop Kopernicus and Kittopia from loading, even if I use old configs.

Do you think you could maybe figure out why?

I have zero experience with adding stars. Do you mean that old versions of your mod don't work or that none of your configs work with the new KopernicusTech method?

Sigh, the latest version breaks the 64k configs - replacing the Kopernicus.dll with the one from KopernicusTech will restore functionality however. I have not the slightest idea where exactly the main branch kopernicus.dll and the fork's dll differ, what parts of the previously working config the former does not accept so that is that for the moment...

That's pretty weird. Are you only multiplying stats by 6.4 or are you doing more intricate things. Either way, I think you need to ask Teknoman in the Kopernicus thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.