[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

If you install the mod correctly you should have the following extra stuff in your GameData folder:

BoulderCo

CustomAsteroids

KittopiaSpace

Kopernicus

Nereid

OPM

PlanetShine

ModuleManager.2.5.9.dll

Edited by CaptRobau

First off, great mod. I've been too the stock celestial bodies enough times already. I have this plus OuterPlanetsPlus, which I just installed.

One question, though, and it may have been asked a while back. I can't zoom out far enough in the map view to get a full picture of the entire system. The previous post said the map view bug (is this really a bug or a limitation of the map view?) would go away after a while? I've played several times, but still no adequate zoom out.

I know the map view extent can be changed, Working Multiple Star Systems (another great mod, though just buggy enough that I gave up) does this, and you can zoom waaayyy out. This would be helpful to zoom that far out, too. KSPI has an IR telescope feature that their wiki says should be placed at 7500Gm for certain observations, about 20 times as far out as Plock.

Is there another mod out there to do just the zoom? A bit of searching and I didn't immediately find anything. Maybe it's part of PlanetFactory or StarSystems? Though if I read correctly, either of those might not be compatible with Kopernicus?

Any tips appreciated.

Cheers,

-BS

First off, great mod. I've been too the stock celestial bodies enough times already. I have this plus OuterPlanetsPlus, which I just installed.

One question, though, and it may have been asked a while back. I can't zoom out far enough in the map view to get a full picture of the entire system. The previous post said the map view bug (is this really a bug or a limitation of the map view?) would go away after a while? I've played several times, but still no adequate zoom out.

I know the map view extent can be changed, Working Multiple Star Systems (another great mod, though just buggy enough that I gave up) does this, and you can zoom waaayyy out. This would be helpful to zoom that far out, too. KSPI has an IR telescope feature that their wiki says should be placed at 7500Gm for certain observations, about 20 times as far out as Plock.

Is there another mod out there to do just the zoom? A bit of searching and I didn't immediately find anything. Maybe it's part of PlanetFactory or StarSystems? Though if I read correctly, either of those might not be compatible with Kopernicus?

Any tips appreciated.

Cheers,

-BS

What operating system are you using?

What other mods are you using (if any)?

The zoom bug can occur as an incompatibility with another installed mod.

What operating system are you using?

What other mods are you using (if any)?

The zoom bug can occur as an incompatibility with another installed mod.

Linux (Mint 17.1)

Oh, geez. Tons of other mods. Here's a list of the directories and a few files under my GameData folder:

000_ToolbarBoulderCo

Chatterer

CommunityResourcePack

CommunityTechTree

CustomAsteroids

Diazo

DistantObject

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

ImpossibleInnovations

KittopiaSpace

Kopernicus

KWRocketry

MechJeb2

ModuleManager.2.5.9.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

NASAmission

Nereid

OpenResourceSystem

OPM

ORSResourcePack

PlanetShine

Regolith

Squad

TechManager

toolbar-settings.dat

TreeLoader

TweakScale

WarpPlugin

Cheers,

-BS

I did a little bit of config editing myself and re-arranged Slate and Tekto

Gt1gAxn.png

I bumped Slate up a little bit to about 150 million meters, and I brought Tekto down all the way to roughly 80 million meters. I also changed inclinations slightly

Honestly I feel like this is more consistent with how far apart Jool's moons are, plus it makes for a more interesting sky on Tekto and improves Tekto's visibility from the other moons

I think I will create a second OPM extension mod, which will be heavily focused on Plock! (As Plock need some attention)

If you want I have a config that adds a Charon analogue and makes it so plock and the moon revolve around a baricenter which is outside plock

It works pretty well but it needs textures

If you want I have a config that adds a Charon analogue and makes it so plock and the moon revolve around a baricenter which is outside plock

Oooo that would be nice ! I am interested. Can I get a download link ?

And for the textures, I already made them.

Oooo that would be nice ! I am interested. Can I get a download link ?

And for the textures, I already made them.

sure, I'll send you a pm.

I've sent this cfg to capt also, so this may be used in some future OPM patch (if they like it)

--

pm sent

let me know if you have any problems

Edited by Sigma88

I thought that patched conics in KSP couldn't handle a baricenter

It would require a singularity at the baricenter

I thought that patched conics in KSP couldn't handle a baricenter

It would require a singularity at the baricenter

I put a body with a fake name around the sun (eg = PlutonCharonSystem), then pluto revolving around that body and charon revolving around pluto.

The result is pretty good, the main problem is that for pluto you get a SoI much smaller than that in real life...

I wish eclipses were in the game, in this image the sun should be eclipsed by Sarnus. Ah well, still pretty though!

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541893673491016395/753E5B92B1CEE216512C1E561293BC8B4DE1BDFB/1024x768.resizedimage

I pressed [Numpad Dot] like 4 times to hide the nav-ball and get a look at the craft

-.-

I wish eclipses were in the game, in this image the sun should be eclipsed by Sarnus. Ah well, still pretty though!

Eclipses are in the game, it's probably that the corona texture doesn't realistically scale with the large distances of the OPM planets. As such it might look like it'd block it, but it actually isn't blocking it.

This looks very interesting indeed, I'll only add it once everything is sorta finalized tho, for stability reasons.

It is in a very stable state at the moment actually. Most issues currently are minor and graphical and after installing this mod on several copies of KSP, I have never experienced anything out of the ordinary.

It is in a very stable state at the moment actually. Most issues currently are minor and graphical and after installing this mod on several copies of KSP, I have never experienced anything out of the ordinary.

I'd say I've experienced a lot of things out of the ordinary with OPM, because it's so awesome it's out of the ordinary :D

But I agree, it's pretty stable

Still seeing the unable-to-zoom-out bug. It's entirely possible it's a conflicting mod. Is there a list somewhere of which mods are known to interfere with this? At that point it might be the choice of the mod versus being able to zoom out. The zoom thing is a minor to moderate inconvenience. For instance, no way I'd give up MechJeb for it....and I'm probably too enamored with the Visual enhancements.

Cheers,

-BS

Still seeing the unable-to-zoom-out bug. It's entirely possible it's a conflicting mod. Is there a list somewhere of which mods are known to interfere with this? At that point it might be the choice of the mod versus being able to zoom out. The zoom thing is a minor to moderate inconvenience. For instance, no way I'd give up MechJeb for it....and I'm probably too enamored with the Visual enhancements.

Cheers,

-BS

Both mechjeb and Visual enhancements are fine, if you have a list of mods I can tell you which I use and those should be fine since I've never seen this problem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.