[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing a RSS flight to Hawaii from the KSC in Florida and I kept having to adjust my course because I didn't know exactly where to point my plane. I was literally thinking, "I wish there was a mod that allowed me to set waypoints or destinations......"

Hello

can someone help me with coordinate systems and convert them? The narrow band scanner display coordinate in Latitude and Longitude ( and dunno why Lon show positive in the pinned tooltip and negative in the minimap, or Lat show two different values for North? .. anyway... )

The latitude seems to be the same for Narrow Band Scammer amd Waypoints Manager ( both show aprox. 0.244° N ) but Longitude? What do I have to do to convert -+ 76.699 W shown byt narrowd band scanner to 283.30 show by Waypoints Manager?

DTvSz5b.jpg

Thanks for you help :)

Edited by brusura

4 hours ago, brusura said:

Hello

can someone help me with coordinate systems and convert them? The narrow band scanner display coordinate in Latitude and Longitude ( and dunno why Lon show positive in the pinned tooltip and negative in the minimap, or Lat show two different values for North? .. anyway... )

The latitude seems to be the same for Narrow Band Scammer amd Waypoints Manager ( both show aprox. 0.244° N ) but Longitude? What do I have to do to convert -+ 76.699 W shown byt narrowd band scanner to 283.30 show by Waypoints Manager?

Thanks for you help :)

From W 76º subtract or add 180, and switch from W to E longitude.  Ignore any negative sign.

Edited by Brigadier

Just now, Brigadier said:

Subtract 180 from the E 283º, and switch from W to E longitude.

@brusura - Actually, you'll want to subtract 360, not 180.    If it's marking them as E/W, then technically it should always be positive (so 77 degrees west of the 0 degree marker or 77 degrees in the negative direction is the same as 283 degrees in the east/positive direction).

1 minute ago, nightingale said:

@brusura - Actually, you'll want to subtract 360, not 180.    If it's marking them as E/W, then technically it should always be positive (so 77 degrees west of the 0 degree marker or 77 degrees in the negative direction is the same as 283 degrees in the east/positive direction).

Absolutely correct.  Silly me.

Thanks guys, last question regarding the stock game but you know much better than me this stuff ^_^, what is the meaning of the values in the square brackets for the narrow band scanner? Specifically what means:

Lat: 0.244 N : [0.004N]

Lon: 76.700 W : [-1.339E]

Edited by brusura

6 hours ago, brusura said:

Thanks guys, last question regarding the stock game but you know much better than me this stuff ^_^, what is the meaning of the values in the square brackets for the narrow band scanner? Specifically what means:

Lat: 0.244 N : [0.004N]

Lon: 76.700 W : [-1.339E]

I'm not sure - that you may want to ask in another forum thread.

38 minutes ago, brusura said:

@nightingale could you add an option similar to "Waypoints to display in-flight" like "Waypoint to display in map mode" ?

Thanks

Can't - it's stock that displays those, so it'd take some much more serious hackery to get stock to stop displaying them (or at least, to stop them from displaying them but not break other things).

2 hours ago, Kurtstudent said:

Hi there.  I don't seem to be able to get waypoint manger to work.  It's installed in the game data directory, but only a partial box in flight appears.

any ideas?

None - could you show me a screenshot of what "partial box" means.  Also, can you post the KSP.log file?

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is the ability to see waypoints in flight view based on some sort of level?

Nope.  You need to either be close* or have it set as the active waypoint though.

*close is hard to define, as it's based on velocity.  If you're standing, it's a couple km.  If you're at orbital velocity, it's a couple 100km.

45 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Nope.  You need to either be close* or have it set as the active waypoint though.

*close is hard to define, as it's based on velocity.  If you're standing, it's a couple km.  If you're at orbital velocity, it's a couple 100km.

That was the problem, it was halfway around Kerbin, and I'm in a slow plane.

thanks

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@icedown - Can you show a screenshot and send a KSP.log (and maybe a save)?  I have no idea why it would persist across different saves though, unless something is seriously getting messed up.

Here are the logs and the save that I'm currently in.  I deleted the original save thinking it might remove it but it has persisted.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/Waypoints.zip

The waypoints are "Site 2LX-0" and "Kerbonaut's Hollow"  I have no idea where a waypoint could get stored that is not part of a save.  I've looked everywhere I can think of.

Screenshot

Spoiler

3b26c52036f31ccc3690f4760b09c8a5.jpg

13 minutes ago, icedown said:

Here are the logs and the save that I'm currently in.  I deleted the original save thinking it might remove it but it has persisted.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/Waypoints.zip

The waypoints are "Site 2LX-0" and "Kerbonaut's Hollow"  I have no idea where a waypoint could get stored that is not part of a save.  I've looked everywhere I can think of.

Screenshot

Hide contents

It's a stock contract (the names are generated based on the seed, which is why you don't see it in the save).  I seem to remember something like that getting fixed in the 1.2 pre-release, so I suspect this is something that will go away in the new release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2014 at 9:03 AM, nightingale said:

Yeah, it was meant to be a quick & dirty display - I didn't want it to be in a window for just the one piece of information. I may just leave it as is, but give a config-file option for a couple set spots (left, middle, right, off). The KER example is a bit heavy - although you'll notice I made it to match the KER 1.0 always-up displays...

I know there has been discussion about the placement of the information display window, and for whatever its worth, I actually like where it is, however, it competes for space with the stock information text that comes across in the same space. For example, your time warp status, and when you've entered a certain area etc. Probably the most work, but at the same time the most likely to please the most people is to allow configurable widows to allow the user to place the info wherever they think best. Forgive me if this has been brought up throughout the discussion, I tried to read through the entire thread.

Cheers,

On 10/1/2016 at 6:56 PM, Stratickus said:

I know there has been discussion about the placement of the information display window, and for whatever its worth, I actually like where it is, however, it competes for space with the stock information text that comes across in the same space. For example, your time warp status, and when you've entered a certain area etc. Probably the most work, but at the same time the most likely to please the most people is to allow configurable widows to allow the user to place the info wherever they think best. Forgive me if this has been brought up throughout the discussion, I tried to read through the entire thread.

Cheers,

If I remember correctly the stock stuff moved (a little bit) in 1.2 - but I'll make sure there's no overlap when I do my 1.2 updates.