[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

That one is quite bugged unfortunately :(

OPM does it with a heightmap, which works out nicely.

I'm using a Space Engine heightmap, and in SE Haumea is a very dramatic ellipsoid. I don't think the heightmap is going to work, therefore.

How would I use PQS oblate? I'd like to at least give it a shot.

I'm using a Space Engine heightmap, and in SE Haumea is a very dramatic ellipsoid. I don't think the heightmap is going to work, therefore.

How would I use PQS oblate? I'd like to at least give it a shot.

The bugginess comes from it not being applied to scaledspace (map view).

I warned you :P

You can add it via kittopia.

This might be a stupid question but... where is the Kittopia gui? Ive installed kittopia and I dont see anything ingame. No instructions on threads either.

This might be a stupid question but... where is the Kittopia gui? Ive installed kittopia and I dont see anything ingame. No instructions on threads either.

Hit ctrl+p.

Also, I'd really like it if you gave us your wonderful RSS config.

Edited by _Augustus_

Hit ctrl+p.

Also, I'd really like it if you gave us your wonderful RSS config.

It's for RSS, not stock, but I'll try to get it packed up and out soon (later today).

So far:

New Pluto

Charon

Hydra

Nix

Styx

Kerberos

Eris

Dysnomia

Haumea

Hi'iaka

Namaka

Ceres

Vesta

Currently Vesta and Haumea do not look right due to ellipsoid issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies, but have another question.

I cannot seem to actually find PQS oblate anywhere in the Kittopia menu. Is that the proper name?

It's for RSS, not stock, but I'll try to get it packed up and out soon (later today).

So far:

New Pluto

Charon

Hydra

Nix

Styx

Kerberos

Eris

Dysnomia

Haumea

Hi'iaka

Namaka

Ceres

Vesta

Currently Vesta and Haumea do not look right due to ellipsoid issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies, but have another question.

I cannot seem to actually find PQS oblate anywhere in the Kittopia menu. Is that the proper name?

PQSMod_VertexHeightOblate I believe

Well, I found PQS Oblate, but it didn't do much. I KNOW for a fact that heightmaps do this job well for small objects. I just wish it applied to larger objects as well.

I guess spherical Haumea is going to have to stay.

Well, I found PQS Oblate, but it didn't do much. I KNOW for a fact that heightmaps do this job well for small objects. I just wish it applied to larger objects as well.

I guess spherical Haumea is going to have to stay.

Have you attempted to use the heightmapdeformity setting in the heightmap pqsmod? That one seems to define how much of an impact your heightmap is going to have, and must be larger for larger planets (at least that's how I imagine it working)

Have you attempted to use the heightmapdeformity setting in the heightmap pqsmod? That one seems to define how much of an impact your heightmap is going to have, and must be larger for larger planets (at least that's how I imagine it working)

I've noticed that this just makes the terrain crazier and doesnt effect the view from far away. For example, Pluto in RSS looks perfectly smooth far away but its height setting is 20,000. Get up close and its covered in abnormally jagged peaks.

It depends on what is changed and how the heightmap looks. What you describe can be the result of something different as well. Also, what you see from "far away" is the scaledspace mesh, which may or may not reflect the actual terrain. Scaledspace updater + export, or deletion of RSS .bin files will update those.

Gravitasi, I sent a pull request with the changes I'v made so far. I haven't spent hours testing, but from what I'v seen it seems stable and hasn't had any issues.

Thanks! I'll check it out next weekend... (still busy right now)

Gravitasi, might I suggest you include a GameData folder above the Kopernicus/KittopiaSpace folders in the next update? It makes installation using generic mod managers easier, as then one doesn't have to manually add a GameData folder.

Okay. I didn't know such plugins exist.

Ok so I have a problem, when I export scaledspace for my terrestrial planet using a laythe template, it applies the heightmap from this planet to all vanilla worlds including jool, anyone else had a problem like this? Removing the bin file removes the changes, but that's the only thing I found that works

Ok so I have a problem, when I export scaledspace for my terrestrial planet using a laythe template, it applies the heightmap from this planet to all vanilla worlds including jool, anyone else had a problem like this? Removing the bin file removes the changes, but that's the only thing I found that works

I have this problem too, yet very few others seem to have it.

I'm trying to make Ceres in RSS using Mun as a template, and no matter what I do, the new heightmap I apply to Ceres overwites the heightmap of the Mun.

And this happens even using the latest version of KopernicusTech.

Thanks! I'll check it out next weekend... (still busy right now)

Okay. I didn't know such plugins exist.

I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out a way to get oceans to work properly but so far have come up short. By "properly" I mean being able to add an ocean to a body that doesn't normally have one and being able to change the color and have it show up in scaledspace. So far I'v come up empty handed on both accounts. I can't find where in the pqs.surfacematerial it's stored, but I'm pretty confident it is indeed the place to look as I put eve's surfacematerial on laythe and you suddenly get purple water. I can change the ocean texture so it shows up close. I can change the "_colorFromSpace" so that it shows up while zoomed out a good distance but still not in map view. But I can't change the color inbetween.

Not sure how much knowledge you have on the subject, just figured I'd tell you what I have been trying to do as I don't think there is anyone else working on this type of thing. Teknoman117 seems to have disappeared.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to make Ceres in RSS using Mun as a template, and no matter what I do, the new heightmap I apply to Ceres overwites the heightmap of the Mun.

Could this be an issue with RSS and kopernicustech?

on closer inspection i see that the planets changed from this bin file are: Eve, Kerbin, Jool, and Laythe. Not too sure whats causing the problem really, and the only way i can get rid of it is to remove the bin file for my planet. I even tried creating bin files for the vanilla planets using temp configs i set up for them, and it worked until i reloaded the game, then it goes back to the wrong heightmap. Any thoughts?

I have a Ceres working as far as I know, along with a lot of other stuff. I did scaled space in the planet configs and the heightmap in RSS config.

I have a Ceres working as far as I know, along with a lot of other stuff. I did scaled space in the planet configs and the heightmap in RSS config.

I'm doing heightmap in the RSS config as well.... Hmm.... can you post the section of your config file with Ceres? I'd like to see the difference between yours and mine. I have over 30 more celestial objects that I would like to apply the correct heightmaps to.