[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

33 minutes ago, Enceos said:

What will be the source of the ray? Camera position? Will this have issues when trying to grab a part clipped inside of another part?

Yeah, a ray from camera position to the screen mouse position. It won't allow selecting "sunken" parts but it's not possible now as well. Adding collider to the panel would be a better approach, though.

Hello, first of all, thank you all ,creators and maintainers of this amazing mod.

It  enriches KSP gamepaly so immensely... I have no words for that...

Though I have (may be stupid) question. Yesterday I have tried to replace 1 docking port on my Salut station with another. Bill was on ladder of Ven Stock Revamp 1 Kerbal can (supposed to be airlock) and removed old HGR docking port - it drifted away eventually.  Then I moved my Souyz from side bit close - so Bill could grab docking port from it and attach to airlock. Grabbed ok, node attach pointer to station, everything in place, press "H" - KABOOM! Docking port I was trying to attach blown away, Bill flying away rolling like Bullock in Gravity, Soyuz has its orbital module (where docking port was attached) blown away, spinning and drifting away from station, pilot (Ferlo Kerman) trying to stabilize.

The question is - are docking ports are special parts - to handle with care?

3 hours ago, evileye.x said:

I never had a docking port explode on its own, only when using the 'redock vessel' feature with "Y" key, happens to me only on certain vessels. I think your case is singular and might not happen again.

Check if the docking port on your Soyuz was a root part, maybe you grabbed the whole vessel and clipped it into the station.

Just now, evileye.x said:

Press 'L' and be surprised

Just now, evileye.x said:

Press 'L' and be surprised

"And God said, 'let there be an L button', and there was. And the Lord saw that the L button turned on the lights, and that the light was good."

CM

@brusura As promised:

@PART[largeSolarPanel]:FINAL
{
	!mesh = null
	!node_attach = null
	!node_stack_root = null
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Utility/decouplerStackTR-2V/model
		position = 0, 0, 0
		scale = 0.48, 0.48, 0.48
		rotation = 0, 0, 270
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Electrical/gigantorXlSolarArray/model
		position = 0, 0, 0
		scale = 1, 1, 1
		rotation = 0, 0, 0
	}
}

47 minutes ago, Enceos said:

I actually goofed with the model rotations, you'll notice Gigantors on existing vessels will show up tilted. Be sure to tune in later, I'll post a new config.

Yeah I had already them rotated ^^ I suppose I'll rotate them again with this new config, thanks again

@Enceos my base is happy again xD

u4MvKDd.jpg

Edited by brusura

11 hours ago, evileye.x said:

It could be this issue. Though, it only happens when you move port within the same vessel. If your case was different please check the logs. Btw, in case of you use re-docking feature ("Y"), there is also a bug.

55 minutes ago, brusura said:

Yeah I had already them rotated ^^ I suppose I'll rotate them again with this new config, thanks again

@Enceos my base is happy again xD

Your base has much stuff lying around :) do you still use the brackets to switch between them? Check out the EasyVesselSwitch @IgorZ has made last week, you'll never want to go back to using brackets again.

Just now, Enceos said:

Your base has much stuff lying around :) do you still use the brackets to switch between them? Check out the EasyVesselSwitch @IgorZ has made last week, you'll never want to go back to using brackets again.

Already using it ( and loving it ) ! No more nightmare looking for the right stuff!

1 hour ago, dlrk said:

How do I have a kerbal pick up and carry a part?

You put it in ther inventory. Kerbals can carry big items on their back only if those items have a KIS module in their config, take a look at the EVA Propellant and Container configs.

Hi @IgorZ, thanks again for your continued support of KIS and all the help you provide. :) Sadly I've run into an issue with Pathfinder, which depends heavily on KIS, and storing the Doc science lab inflatable module in a storage container. When attempting to store the item into an appropriately sized container, the storage container fails to accept the part. I've traced the problem down to the stock ModuleScienceLab receiving an NRE during its save operation. Here are the relevant log entries:

Spoiler

[LOG 16:26:11.565] Start pickup in mode Move from part: Large.Crewed.Lab (Part)
[WRN 16:26:12.796] WORKAROUND. Found null field vesselId in module prefab ModuleLifeSupport, fixing to default value of type System.String:
[EXC 16:26:12.799] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleScienceLab.OnSave (.ConfigNode node)
    PartModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
    ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor (.PartModule module)
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (.Part PartRef, .ProtoVessel protoVessel)
    KIS.KIS_Shared.PartSnapshot (.Part part)
    KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.Part part, Single qty, Int32 slot)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiHandleEmptySlot (Rect textureRect, Int32 slotIndex)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiInventory ()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiMain (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

I can reproduce the issue with the stock Mobile Processing Lab using the following steps:

1. On a test part, add the following KIS inventory part module:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKISInventory
        maxVolume = 36400
        externalAccess = true
        internalAccess = true
        slotsX = 6
        slotsY = 4
        slotSize = 50
        itemIconResolution = 128
        selfIconResolution = 128
        openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
        closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
        defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
    }

2. Start KSP with KIS 1.2.11.

3. Go to the VAB and create a new vessel. Add a probe core and the test part with the above inventory.

4. Right-click the part to bring up the inventory.

5. Go to the Science tab and attempt to drag the Mobile Processing Lab into the open inventory screen.

At this point, you'll see that the inventory won't accept the MPL, and if you check the logs, you'll see the NRE.

I know you work really hard on KIS, so if there's anything I can do to help resolve the problem (including stepping through the KIS code if you need a hand), please let me know.

Thanks again! :)

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hi @IgorZ, thanks again for your continued support of KIS and all the help you provide. :) Sadly I've run into an issue with Pathfinder, which depends heavily on KIS, and storing the Doc science lab inflatable module in a storage container. When attempting to store the item into an appropriately sized container, the storage container fails to accept the part. I've traced the problem down to the stock ModuleScienceLab receiving an NRE during its save operation. 

Yeah, I've found this bug too.

I know some have made this mistake in the past but Ive landed on the Mun and thought I had sent an engineer with a scientist, but turns out I send the pilot instead... now I cant use the wrench... *sigh*, How or where do I go to change the files so that that restriction does not apply?

Cheers! 

CM