[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

8 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

I know some have made this mistake in the past but Ive landed on the Mun and thought I had sent an engineer with a scientist, but turns out I send the pilot instead... now I cant use the wrench... *sigh*, How or where do I go to change the files so that that restriction does not apply?

Change equipSkill in the part's config.

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Change equipSkill in the part's config.

@Calvin_Maclure Actually delete that line altogether.

I used to have this MM patch for KIS:

@PART[KIS_wrench]:AFTER[KIS]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleKISItemAttachTool]
    {
        !equipSkill = RepairSkill    
        %attachMaxMass = 0.1 // Looks like this line is redundant, KIS no longer supports mass restrictions for tools.
    }
}

8 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Calvin_Maclure Actually delete that line altogether.

I used to have this MM patch for KIS:

@PART[KIS_wrench]:AFTER[KIS]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleKISItemAttachTool]
    {
        !equipSkill = RepairSkill    
        %attachMaxMass = 0.1 // Looks like this line is redundant, KIS no longer supports mass restrictions for tools.
    }
}

What would be the point or the advantage of doing it this way versus setting the equipSkill to <null>?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

What would be the point or the advantage of doing it this way versus setting the equipSkill to <null>?

Thanks,

"Null" is still a requirement, there are no kerbals with "null" skills. Tried and that didn't work for me, had to delete the line.

15 minutes ago, Enceos said:

"Null" is still a requirement, there are no kerbals with "null" skills. Tried and that didn't work for me, had to delete the line.

In so far as that patch of code in MM, what does it accomplish?

CM

Hello,

First, thanks for this mod. I love it. I had already assembled/modified two space stations in orbit with it. Was fun.

But, I have a question. In this project http://i.imgur.com/dJel62s.png, I wished install the MPL between the cuppola and the Hitchicker. My problem is the cuppola is equiped with 4 RCS ports. I was able to detach it from the hitchiker and handle it with the tug. I put the lab in place on the hitchicker. But when I wished grab the cuppola with the RCS ports from the tug, I was unable to grad and attach it. I was forced to dismount the RCS ports prior detach the cuppola and attach it to the lab then remount the RCS ports.

Is there a way to grad an assembly and attach it to another thing ?

Thanks for your help.

Vive_moi

Hello cyberpunk,

Thanks for your reply.

For detaching, I used the detach function between hitchhiker and cupola, not the grab function. (Procedure I used: put a docking port on cupola, dock the tug, detach the cupola, go back with the tug, grab the MPL, attach it to hitchhiker, try to grab the cupola to attach it to MPL -> don't work, so detach the RCS ports, grab the cupola, attach it to MPL, reattach the RCS ports, dismount the old "cupola" docking port from the tug, dock back the tug to stocking location)

Perhaps, I can try to make more screenshots during the next station assembly.

See you.

Vive_moi

1 hour ago, Vive_moi said:

For detaching, I used the detach function between hitchhiker and cupola, not the grab function. (Procedure I used: put a docking port on cupola, dock the tug, detach the cupola, go back with the tug, grab the MPL, attach it to hitchhiker, try to grab the cupola to attach it to MPL -> don't work, so detach the RCS ports, grab the cupola, attach it to MPL, reattach the RCS ports, dismount the old "cupola" docking port from the tug, dock back the tug to stocking location)

Without video or screenshots it's hard to understand what you did and what went wrong. KIS never silently ignores users actions, so if grab "doesn't work" then there was either a message or a hint dialog explaining why the action cannot be done. I'm pretty sure mass limit is the issue here: cupola with 4xRCS and antenna has mass slightly more than 2t (1.8t+4x50kg+antenna), i.e. max limit for two EVA kerbals.

Edited by IgorZ

Hey folks, new forum member here but I've been lurking for about a year. I finally have a question I can't seem to find the answer to. 

I am trying to use KIS to attach the large thermal panels (the 3, massive fold-out type) to my space station in orbit.  I have 2 of them in the largest container in the aft end of my station and where I would like to attach them would be on the S/P 1 trusses like the ISS. 

I can't seem to figure out how to use my Kerbal's EVA jetpack controls and drag an item from the container at the same time.  I managed to get moving ahead of time, quickly grab my panels from the container, and passively float to where I wanted to go. I held down "H" while clicking on where I wanted the panel to go on the truss once it was in range, and for a hot second it seemed like I did it right. Then the panels made like I had broken them, but the base remained attached. Is this an issue with this specific part or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help in advance.  

56 minutes ago, Steely-Jim said:

I am trying to use KIS to attach the large thermal panels (the 3, massive fold-out type) to my space station in orbit.  I have 2 of them in the largest container in the aft end of my station and where I would like to attach them would be on the S/P 1 trusses like the ISS.

In version 1.1.3 Im unable to move an item and drop it. When i grab an object with G, then try and click to place it, with or without H, Nothing happens. No sound or error message. This is happening on the surface of the mun. Placing or attaching from a kerbal or part's inventory still works. There is nothing in the logs when this happens

1 hour ago, cineboxandrew said:

In version 1.1.3 Im unable to move an item and drop it. When i grab an object with G, then try and click to place it, with or without H, Nothing happens. No sound or error message. This is happening on the surface of the mun. Placing or attaching from a kerbal or part's inventory still works. There is nothing in the logs when this happens

I'm getting some interesting bugs with KIS and 1.1.3 too, I think the game has changed under this mod causing problems.

Can Anyone on here tell me where to find out how to change what song the boombox/ghetto blaster/whatever plays? I know it has to be .ogg format, I have the song in .ogg format, I just need to know where to stick the file, and the manual says nothing of the sort and the wiki is all about the code and I find github wikis completely incomprehensible because as cool as it would be, I have neither the technical knowledge nor the attention span to parse them.

1 minute ago, cineboxandrew said:

Ah, thanks. I didnt see anything in my log because another mod was spamming it

Most likely it was KAC. I've got a lot of exceptions from it in 1.1.3. The game update was pretty significant.

All, 1.2.12 is out and ready on Curseforge. Give it ~24 hours to appear in CKAN (they scan for updates once per a day).

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

All, 1.2.12 is out and ready on Curseforge. Give it ~24 hours to appear in CKAN (they scan for updates once per a day).

Are you waiting for CKAN before changing the version in the thread title?

1 minute ago, Padishar said:

Are you waiting for CKAN before changing the version in the thread title?

I'm not the owner of the topic, so I cannot change it. When new version is out I'm notifying KospY, and he does the updated. There is usually a delay of 1-2 days depending on his loading.

Just now, IgorZ said:

I'm not the owner of the topic, so I cannot change it. When new version is out I'm notifying KospY, and he does the updated. There is usually a delay of 1-2 days depending on his loading.

Duh!  Sorry, totally missed that.  I just thought it might reduce the likelihood of people spamming the thread with update requests... :wink:

Hi, first of thanks to all involved in continuing to update and maintain this mod.

I have a question. Back when the whole KAS/KIS split, or invention of KIS, however you want to put it, they were at one time both required for either one to work. I know that they are currently both stand alone mods. My question is how or what is the big difference between the 2 mods now? Why would a person want to use both mods vs. just using one or the other? This may come off sounding bad, but I mean this as an honest question.

Ive pretty much always put both of them in my game, and im not a big user of anything any of these 2 mods ever did. I only just did some occasional attachments of parts in the field basically.

So if someone can give me a pretty good idea of the differences, and/or the reasons to have both mods I would appreciate it. thanks