[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Yeah, I really want to be able to move the small containers around quickly without having to push the containers around and while playing soccer (or football for those in Europe) with the containers is fun, it's sort of haphazard.

I get you want to make KAS a separate thing more about attachments, but I see no reason why you can't combine the best features of KAS with the inventory system of KIS.

Yeah, I really want to be able to move the small containers around quickly...

I see no reason why you can't combine the best features of KAS with the inventory system of KIS.

Planned (Kospy is working on it ;) )

Just logged GitHub issue:

Seems that if you transfer a kerbal around a ship using the stock method that you lose their inventory. I noticed this on my moon base. If I EVA them between modules I'm fine, if I transfer they lose it.

Is there any way to disable the only engineers can assemble stuff? Seems a bit silly that a scientist doesn't know how to turn a wrench to assemble his own experiment. What would be best is a way to specify by part what skill is needed for EVA assembly.

Is there any way to disable the only engineers can assemble stuff? Seems a bit silly that a scientist doesn't know how to turn a wrench to assemble his own experiment. What would be best is a way to specify by part what skill is needed for EVA assembly.

Find a config file of your wrench under \GameData\KIS\Parts\wrench

Find and delete the line equipTrait = Engineer

I think it's good to have the wrench for everyone, while the electric screwdriver is only for Engineers.

Edited by Enceos

Can someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong. First, to attach something I have to drag it out of the backpack and just "drop" it. While doing this, My Kerbal's jetpack reacts to the mouse control and he begins dancing around. After I drop the part (which hopefully is not floating away too quickly) I have to then right-click on it and select "attach" while at the same time maneuvering my kerbal back into the position he was at first before going for a joy ride on his jetpack. Then I have to hope that the distance between the dropped part, the kerbal, and the rocket are all still close enough to reach, or I have to do the whole thing over again. Please tell me there is an easier way.

open your backpack each item should be assigned a number click that number on your keyboard that will prepare the part to drop/attach. While you have the hologram you can hold x to use the wrench/drivver in your right hand to attach without having to drop first. TO remove an attachment again equip the wrench/driver then use KIS grab defaults to "G" then you just grab the item and drag back to your inventory. Yes moving the mouse will make the jetpack spin I hope they can work something out for that. Besides that did you RTFM?

Can someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong. First, to attach something I have to drag it out of the backpack and just "drop" it. While doing this, My Kerbal's jetpack reacts to the mouse control and he begins dancing around. After I drop the part (which hopefully is not floating away too quickly) I have to then right-click on it and select "attach" while at the same time maneuvering my kerbal back into the position he was at first before going for a joy ride on his jetpack. Then I have to hope that the distance between the dropped part, the kerbal, and the rocket are all still close enough to reach, or I have to do the whole thing over again. Please tell me there is an easier way.

Ladders are your friend. Basic gear for my engineers is the powertool and the simple ladder.

Salut les gars!

Maybe a new hand tool?

longe-harnais-securite-bateau-elastique-21475-224849.jpg

we can yet attach kerbals with the winch of KAS but it is not really usefull, with a great gameplay it could be fun: allow kerbal to attach rigidy anywhere or only on defined parts in VAB (instead of carying a ladder everywhere).

Safety First!!... or after few things! :D

Edit: bug report?

when reloading the data base with module manager (Alt+F11) it increase the number of kerbal invetory

Edited by Skalou
bug report

Find a config file of your wrench under \GameData\KIS\Parts\wrench

Find and delete the line equipTrait = Engineer

I think it's good to have the wrench for everyone, while the electric screwdriver is only for Engineers.

I don't see an equipTrait line in the Wrench's part.cfg. I do see equipSkill = RepairSkill. Is this what needs to be modified?

First off, I LOVE the Inventori system and modifying ships wile in orbit xD

second, Is it a planned feature to be capable of fixing objects to the ground like with the KAS?, i tried fixing a ground pylon and only the KAS system worked, the KIS one just left it there for me to bump around :P (i kinda wanted to make some sort of light posts or antennas or solar panels and hook them to my base with some cables)

First off, I LOVE the Inventori system and modifying ships wile in orbit xD

second, Is it a planned feature to be capable of fixing objects to the ground like with the KAS?, i tried fixing a ground pylon and only the KAS system worked, the KIS one just left it there for me to bump around :P (i kinda wanted to make some sort of light posts or antennas or solar panels and hook them to my base with some cables)

Like this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/50531-Sunshine-movie-style-Deployable-Light-Globe-%28updated-25-10-2013%29 there great.

This mod has been a lot fun! Managed to switch Skipper engine to a Sr. docking port in space. Was somewhat tricky to have 3 kerbals near the engine but then I remembered I had some ladders nearby to move as well.

This mod has been a lot fun! Managed to switch Skipper engine to a Sr. docking port in space. Was somewhat tricky to have 3 kerbals near the engine but then I remembered I had some ladders nearby to move as well.

I hear you, totally love this mod for this ability. I always wanted to be able to upgrade my vessels when new parts are unlocked. Can't imagine playing without this mod anymore.