which game mode do you play?

Commander Jebidiah

Sandbox, Science or Career?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Sandbox, Science or Career?

Hello, I beleive the title tells what I'm about to ask.

So which game mode do you refer and why?

I prefer Sandbox because i have all the parts availiable, howeve i would like a sandbox mixed with career as in you start off with everything but you have a budget. I may play Science mode from time to time but i rarly play career as its very dull.

This is a muti choice poll so choose what you want.

I look fprward to your reasons.

Jeb

I do both Career and Sandbox. Because as fun as it is just to do things (i.e., Sandbox), it's also a blast making do with what you have, and keeping an eye on costs as well (i.e., Career). As much as career doesn't make sense, it's still a blast to go to the Mun on barely-capable crafts to resurrect your dying wallet.

Although I don't play KSP too too often, I prefer sandbox. Career still doesn't feel totally complete, which is one reason why I'm not sure if 1.0 is the right decision. KSP is just one of those games that just doesn't feel right to me when limits are put onto it.

Otherwise you could just install a ton of mods. :P

Science. I don't have the patience to grind for the money to unlock what I consider key features of the game.

If I really want contracts (as optional), I will start a career, unlock every buildings and throw on top an extra 9.9mil. But most of the time I don't actually bother and stick with science.

I played sandbox until science was released. Then career mode when it was released. 0.90 has been sandbox since I finished the tech tree in 0.25 and didn't feel like starting over.

I'll probably start another career mode once 1.0 gets released.

Career because it's the Developers vision of what the game is, sure it needs work but it's still fun to have the restrictions/challanges.

Sandbox for just plain mucking about having fun, testing ideas before spending money on them in career, practicing interplanetary transfer, etc.

To me ideally there would be a simulator building in career mode that let me go into sandbox mode.

Let me do mission planing including working out which science nodes to unlock and setting a budget.

Run training scenarios that could reflect in kerbal skills at a discount and only after there is a Kerbal with earned skill to lead the training.

Sandbox 99% of the time - call me crazy but I did not use career mode for at least 3 updates. I`m pretty sure its fun and I appreciate Squad making in better and better, but I just have more fun doing my own stuff in sandbox.

I've checked both, Sandbox and Career.

On stock KSP I like Career, as it gives me incentive to go to other planets beyond the original motivation of "because they are there". Yes, it's grindy at the beginning, especially when playing hard difficulty (what I do), but once one unlocks the satellite contracts, the grind is basically over, as a single 10k funds sat can fulfill several of those contracts, keeping money inflow at an acceptable rate to also allow the occasional mission that doesn't yield any money - even to far off targets.

In addition to stock KSP I've also got an installation with Realism Overhaul, which I play in sandbox mode (I know about RP-0, but RO is already difficult enough if you have modern day parts available ^^).

Since career came out i played nothing else. It's nice, once you have stuff around a couple celestials you will probably drown in money. Last save (damn krakens) i had millions and millions of hardware floating around in space without grinding for it

Recently (as in the last year xD) I've just been playing sandbox building contraptions and just doing silly stuff. So far I've built:

A VTOL carrier

An APC

An MLRS

An MLP ( with space shuttle )

My latest goal is trying to blow up the VAB with rockets; I'm not sure if the constant barrage of I Beams is working or not

Career. Because I've been playing the game long enough that I can do the majority of things if I have few limits. I enjoy building to constraints, it gives me an extra challenge, and so I enjoy career mode.

Currently I am playing only sandbox, and probably will until 1.0. But in the beginning I played career exclusively. I, like others mentioned here, also enjoy having to build with constraints. I enjoy the challenge of solving the engineering problems, other than just "moar boosters" and "moar struts".

Switching back to Sandbox was the best thing I ever did.

Career is just a jumble of dull grind missions, uninspired restrictions and multiplier buffs.

On the occasions I do play Career, I do enjoy the early missions, but invariably spawn money in to avoid the ever-so-tedious grind before getting to the endgame play style.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.