[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

17 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

I have an updated version with most of the bugs fixed available on my github here, made with KillAshley's permission. I also added the new terrain shader to all of the bodies, plus re-adding the old designs of Astid, Ete, and Oree. Lave is also re-added (with the addition of an equatorial ridge and volcano), with the old design of Leouch brought back as its moon, called Levy.

https://github.com/coyotesfrontier/New_Horizons

Thank you for this!  You're a scholar and a gentleperson.  :)   Can't wait to try it out!

(A side note for people's general information, just because this kind of issue comes up in the modding forums from time to time, and I think it's best to be clear to avoid  confusion:  it's great that you touched base with @KillAshley, but the really important factor for reviving a mod in this fashion is the mod's license.  One can't revive a mod unless the license permits it, regardless of what the author may say in personal communications.  And if the license does permit it, then that's all that one needs; no author permission required, because that is the permission.  Fortunately for us all, New Horizons is licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, which is what allows reviving it like this.)

• 4 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 3:12 PM, coyotesfrontier said:

I have an updated version with most of the bugs fixed available on my github here, made with KillAshley's permission. I also added the new terrain shader to all of the bodies, plus re-adding the old designs of Astid, Ete, and Oree. Lave is also re-added (with the addition of an equatorial ridge and volcano), with the old design of Leouch brought back as its moon, called Levy.

https://github.com/coyotesfrontier/New_Horizons

The only bug I know of is Etal's surface being transparent, which has proven impossible to fix so far.

Any chance of packaging this up for a release?  Do you need help with that?  Even a beta would be useful, not everyone is github fluent

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Any chance of packaging this up for a release?  Do you need help with that?  Even a beta would be useful, not everyone is github fluent

I could, I don't want to do so given the bugs that remain though. All you have to do to download is go Code->Download Zip, it doesn't have to be compiled or built so I'm sure most people could figure it out.

Just now, coyotesfrontier said:

I could, I don't want to do so given the bugs that remain though. All you have to do to download is go Code->Download Zip, it doesn't have to be compiled or built so I'm sure most people could figure it out.

What bugs remain, do you have a list?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What bugs remain, do you have a list?

Etal's surface is transparent, but that's about it. I've tried to fix this bug a bunch of times but it keeps coming back. It seems to be unique to Etal but has nothing to do with terrain textures or anything else in Etal's config file. I'll probably just make a release with the bug honestly, if you really want me to.

25 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

Etal's surface is transparent, but that's about it. I've tried to fix this bug a bunch of times but it keeps coming back. It seems to be unique to Etal but has nothing to do with terrain textures or anything else in Etal's config file. I'll probably just make a release with the bug honestly, if you really want me to.

No need, it was for someone else, and I've pointed them in the right direction.

I might take a look at this sometime, would be interesting to see what I can figure out

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone! I have a problem with New Horizons (both from the original dev  and from the fork) and Kerbalism mods. The issue is that solar panels generate 0 electricity, solar storms last an eternity (~20y) and food supplies also last an eternity(9y for 1 kerbal with the smallest can)

It looks like all times are multiplied by some huge constant,  thus making all Kerbalism-related timings incredibly long. Stock time works fine however, e.g. planets orbit normally, maneuvers take a sane amount of time

P.s. I tried OPM mod and it works fine with Kerbalism. I've briefly inspected configs for OPM planets and New Horizons, but I didn't spot anything suspicious. Any help is greatly appreciated 

Here is the log

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/17/2024 at 4:34 PM, SpaceWalker1870 said:

is there like a wiki page for it? curious if that planet that moho now orbits has a surface or not, idk, just saw it in internet and it seemed interesting

You mean Moh?  No, it's a gas giant, no surface there.

I don't know about any wiki, but if you look at the OP of this thread, there's a section entitled "New Planetary Layout" with a spoiler that describes things.  It's not much info, but at least it tells you what things are (for example, it mentions that Moh, which you were asking about here, is a gas giant).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...