Whackjob KSP Youtube series? Gauging interest.

Whackjob

MOAR WHACKJOB! I'm also glad I'm not the only old ....... playing KSP who remembers the Hell of Banyan Vines and Token Ring.

Subscribed.

Hah! We had a butter-bars who was notorious for rampaging across the network and causing all kinds of trouble. After a while we tired of it. In the dark of night, we patched past his loop of RJ-45 and put two wires in, conspicuously unconnected. Next day we get the expected trouble call. "Can't get on network!" We go over, make a big show of looking around, then tell him the fun part. "Sir, here's the trouble. Your coax cable got unplugged from the token ring network. The token probably just fell out of the line. It's probably buried down in the carpet fibers somewhere. If you can find it, we can get you back up and running. We'll order you a new token, but those things are on backorder for months."

Three days the man spent, on all fours, combing through the carpet. He eventually gave up and just sent around physical forms.

Being done, brother! I got coffee being made, I got a pack of crackers here, and I'm gonna start doing up episode 2. Gonna do a two-fer. Lander leg tutorial. While I build a newer, BIGGER Arkingthaad. Episode three will probably be setting her down on the Mun. :)

Hah! We had a butter-bars who was notorious for rampaging across the network and causing all kinds of trouble. After a while we tired of it. In the dark of night, we patched past his loop of RJ-45 and put two wires in, conspicuously unconnected. Next day we get the expected trouble call. "Can't get on network!" We go over, make a big show of looking around, then tell him the fun part. "Sir, here's the trouble. Your coax cable got unplugged from the token ring network. The token probably just fell out of the line. It's probably buried down in the carpet fibers somewhere. If you can find it, we can get you back up and running. We'll order you a new token, but those things are on backorder for months."

Three days the man spent, on all fours, combing through the carpet. He eventually gave up and just sent around physical forms.

And here I was thinking that prank never worked. I post in the presence of greatness. :D

Ok. ARGH. I had twenty minutes recorded. I bumped the windows key. Fraps crashed. ARGH.

And just now I did another recording. And this time KSP crashed on me DOUBLE ARGH.

But you know what? I have time. I'm gonna do the whole mess all over again.

And here I was thinking that prank never worked. I post in the presence of greatness. :D

Nah. This was in 1998 or 1999. Back then your average guy did NOT know how to computer. You won't get away with that kind of thing in this day and age!

#EDIT: First video crashed out and lost. Second video fell over, caught fire, THEN crashed out and lost. But the third video STAYED UP!

I'm recompiling it now in a web friendly format. There's one part I need to chop out... got nailed by a bug and lost a lot of work. Had to redo it all. I'm just gonna excise that. Will link when done and posted.

Edited by Whackjob

I think a series like this might work much better as a Danny2462 style video with upbeat, silly, funny music, and text instead of voiceover.

It would've worked, except for the fact that Whackjob admitted that he's new to video editing in the 2nd vid...

ps. it's been a while since I spoken up...

Whack, I think you still had the full craft with the seperatrons saved, you just loaded the auto saved craft from when you first tested the legs.

Rub salt in the wound, why don'tcha :P Poor guy has had a lot of technical difficulties today.

Eh, it's OK. Even if it was saved somewhere. Whatever kind of... corruption seeped in to the VAB there, it's best that I went back far enough to make sure it hadn't begun.

Moar buildin' tonight!

I have watched and enjoyed. But yes a little post editing, either time lapse or a blank Screen that Says repeat "ad infinitum" and slips to the last little bit.

But I understand the work involved in both and not completely put out by it

Wow! Good vid; nice and easy to understand. I was recently looking at that civ population mod - the one with all those enormous biospheres - and thinking "no, there's no way I could ever get something that big in orbit, let alone land it anywhere" - and now, I have the germ of an idea...

The foot design you have there is perfect; nice and wide. What's the biggest useful payload you coul put in orbit? I'm thinking complete Stanley Kubrick style ring stations here...

Wow! Good vid; nice and easy to understand. I was recently looking at that civ population mod - the one with all those enormous biospheres - and thinking "no, there's no way I could ever get something that big in orbit, let alone land it anywhere" - and now, I have the germ of an idea...

The foot design you have there is perfect; nice and wide. What's the biggest useful payload you coul put in orbit? I'm thinking complete Stanley Kubrick style ring stations here...

Not sure. I never went for "heaviest bloody thing ever". Though I don't see why I couldn't. It's an idea for an episode or three down the pipe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.