What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

People who pronounce escape as ex-cape. AAAGGGHHH. Where did these people learn to speak? (These are native English speakers, not second language)

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, how do you mistake an old, deaf and formal composer as a 1790's adult with the hairstyle of a Supreme Court judge?!

IIRC, the US Supreme Court never wore wigs, they certainly don't now. Are you thinking of British judges?

Actually, this is an interesting thought. You legitimately have no grounds to say it's wrong.

There's no way to prove it right or wrong. Therefore, our best course of action is to act as though the universe we can perceive is the true existence. In other words, even if it is true, we should act as if it is not.

Actually, this is an interesting thought. You legitimately have no grounds to say it's wrong.

But it has as much sense and credibility as "fairies did it". So no. :P

Recent comment "does this ultra HD upscalling DVD player improve my old TV to ultra HD?"

But it has as much sense and credibility as "fairies did it". So no. :P

It is a philosophical question, one that question your whole perception of reality. It is like asking whether you are in the matrix or not. It is entirely possible that you are just a brain hooked up to a machine, with all your memory programmed and your sensations simulated. There is no way to prove that is not possible. Of course, there is also no way to prove that it is possible. That doesn't mean it is a useless question, however, since it provoke you to think deeply about the way you see the world, and find your own answers of what make up your subjective reality, and point out the differences that we see.

But you can always facepalm it instead of thinking about it if you like.

As long as someone doing the facepalm to what have been posted, I would argue it is on topic. But let's continue with the face palming , here is a joke I found:

Q: How many Heisenbergs does it take to change a light bulb?

A: If you know the number, you don't know where the light bulb is.

As long as someone doing the facepalm to what have been posted, I would argue it is on topic. But let's continue with the face palming , here is a joke I found:

Q: How many Heisenbergs does it take to change a light bulb?

A: If you know the number, you don't know where the light bulb is.

Soo close, but no cigar!

Ugh, in the comment threads of classical pieces in YouTube, I encounter so many people saying that they were born in the wrong generation, today's music is so crap, and think they have a superior intellect just because they listen to, like one classical music piece.

I love these works, but if someone says they're smarter than today's generation because of a preference.. I swear..