[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Does anyone know if any mod patch exisits for Cyo Engines that replaces Oxidizer by LqdOxygen?

Pretty sure he includes a patch in the mod, in the extras folder

30 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

Pretty sure he includes a patch in the mod, in the extras folder

Nope, the extra content on contains a fix which modifies the Isp. there is no patch which fixes the volumes of hydrogen on the tanks and replaces Oxidizer by LqdOxygen

Just now, FreeThinker said:

Nope, the extra content on contains a fix which modifies the Isp. there is no patch which fixes the volumes of hydrogen on the tanks and replaces Oxidizer by LqdOxygen

I'm sorry, I misread your first post.

thanks :) Because i'm struggling with stockalike configs in RSS i'm looking for that DV! lol

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

There are configs for them in RF Stockalike and RO, yes.  No idea if they work "well"

thanks :) Because i'm struggling with stockalike configs in RSS i'm looking for that DV! lol

4 minutes ago, Dermeister said:

It's worth noting that your setup might actually be harder than RO - the engines and fuel tanks will have realistic masses but everything else, e.g. command pods, still have their stock masses (unless you have some other mod to change that), so they will be overweight compared to the real things.

7 minutes ago, blowfish said:

It's worth noting that your setup might actually be harder than RO - the engines and fuel tanks will have realistic masses but everything else, e.g. command pods, still have their stock masses (unless you have some other mod to change that), so they will be overweight compared to the real things.

Yea probably. I don't wan to use RO because it's to much realisem. I don't want ot use lfie support and I don't like how it upscales the command pods and make the kerbals look Tiny. But I love the size of the earth ect. So i'm not sure what to do other than roll with Procedural parts and RF.

Normally I play in 64k but I wanted to give earth a try. SO any suggestions other than using RO is welcomed!

ksE9xdZ.jpg

Atleast I got this to nearly orbit >_> mind you the cargo is a probe core with an antenna and a lil bit of rcs fuel... >_< lol

Edited by Dermeister

16 minutes ago, Dermeister said:

Yea probably. I don't wan to use RO because it's to much realisem. I don't want ot use lfie support and I don't like how it upscales the command pods and make the kerbals look Tiny. But I love the size of the earth ect. So i'm not sure what to do other than roll with Procedural parts and RF.

Normally I play in 64k but I wanted to give earth a try. SO any suggestions other than using RO is welcomed!

*snip*

Atleast I got this to nearly orbit >_> mind you the cargo is a probe core with an antenna and a lil bit of rcs fuel... >_< lol

You could also try SMURFF, which changes the masses of many things to be real-ish.  Not 100% sure it works well with RF but I think there's a good chance it will.

Edited by blowfish

4 minutes ago, blowfish said:

You could also try SMURFF, which changes the masses of many things to be real-ish.  Not 100% sure it works well with RF but I think there's a good chance it will.

Unless it's user error.. I literally tried to use that mod  2 hours ago. I don't know if I had to restart a new game or what but it din't work with 1.1.2 unless I accidently downloaded the wrong version. Have you tried it? did it work for you?

2 minutes ago, Dermeister said:

Unless it's user error.. I literally tried to use that mod  2 hours ago. I don't know if I had to restart a new game or what but it din't work with 1.1.2 unless I accidently downloaded the wrong version. Have you tried it? did it work for you?

It's just a set of patches so it shouldn't be very version specific assuming your other mods (especially ModuleManager) are up to date.  If you're having specific problems with it I suggest posting in that thread and including logs!

15 minutes ago, blowfish said:

It's just a set of patches so it shouldn't be very version specific assuming your other mods (especially ModuleManager) are up to date.  If you're having specific problems with it I suggest posting in that thread and including logs!

Ill try to reinstall it :)  it might ofbeen user error I installed it.. It dosent seem to affect the game it's like it's not changing anything,

Edited by Dermeister

Update!

• KSP 1.1.2
  • Update bundled B9PartSwitch 
  • Update bundled CRP
  • Fix switchable tank mass and cost issues

We may of course have some remaining bugs but I think things are good. Thank @Kerbas_ad_astra for getting me on the path to fixifying the switchy patch. 

These work like a charm.

I used to run a RealFuels setup with lots of bells and whistles, but even though there were so many fuel options for so many engines, I always found I was using Kerosene+LOx or LH2+LOx. So much wasted complexity (from my PoV). Having these installed in a stock(fuel) build is so much neater :) Plus neat extra engines! Looking forward to unlocking your atomics too.

Great mod(s)

I love these engines! They're really shining in carreer since you get the smaller ones nice and early and they really help with building lighter and more efficient low tech vehicles. Light enough to lift up to 20km using balloons even :wink: Boiloff means you cannot use these engines on long voyages without active cooling, but that's a good balance. 

Thanks for updating! The jitter with symmetry is fixed!

One thing though, I noticed that the engine exhaust is blue but the engines emit a red glow (running realplume and enginelight). Is this intended and some sort of real life effect, or is this an error in some config file?

Awesome job. What is the easiest way to convert these engines so they run on LiquidFuel and Oxidizer?

(This is for stock KSP and I'd like to balance the engines for running on LFO)

Found the MM patch. Guess I skimmed past it too fast when I first downloaded this pack.

Edited by Delta_8930

On 5/21/2016 at 0:51 AM, abserver said:

Hi guys! I have a problem with this mod . One of the tanks has been losing fuel, but for some reason only one . Electricity on board is enough. What could be the problem?

12234jpg_5737638_22023484.jpg

That's... pretty weird. I'll investigate, could you please log an issue with as much data as you have on Github here? https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/CryoTanks/issues