GPOSpeedFuelPump [KSP V1.0.2]

23 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Also, :FINAL isn't well regarded by the MM people. I'm not sure what would be best to do but most people find a way to use "AFTER" or "NEEDS".

As I understand it, :FINAL is basically :AFTER[*]... which is exactly what we want.  It's not good if everyone uses it because if everyone is last, then no-one is.  I agree it's much better to use AFTER or NEEDS if you can.

There's lots of mods that add resources via MM, for example the various life support mods.  Other mods add support for life support mods via MM.  For example MKS adds Food/Water/Oxygen to its modules via MM if TAC-LS is installed.. so not only would we have to have :AFTER[TAC-LS], but also :AFTER[MKS].  Now repeat for all the mods that add resources via MM if they detect TAC-LS.. or Snacks.. or IFS.. or any of a dozen other things.

We could add dozens of :AFTER[] entries to do that, but that list would have to be updated constantly.

:FINAL is the more complete option.

• 4 weeks later...

Fixed up the mod for 1.1.  You'll have to manually update from Github, as CKAN won't pick it up: https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/releases/tag/v1.7

This is only for the 1.1 pre-release; for 1.0.5 keep using the previous version.

Changelog:

• Code updates for KSP 1.1
  • Changed "Pump Options" window positioning because buttons are on left side of popup now
  • Ensured "Pump Options" window doesn't go off-screen
  • Fix MM config - extra whitespace, missing "HAS"

@hab136seeing all the fine work you've been doing, makes me wonder why you don't just make it "habSpeedFuelPump." Obviously, your call, but you have my vote.

Anyway, if anyone wants to use this with action groups, use Mod Actions by Diazo. Mod Actions itself can be a little finicky, but it works well with GPO in 1.0.5, using your version hab136.

Cheers.

@Deimos Rast a lot of people might be on break until 1.1, so it makes sense to give Geordiepigeonowner some time to come back.  I sent him a private message on March 18; if there's still no response by the official 1.1 release I'll go ahead and start a new thread and do a proper release.

I don't want to have to do a search/replace in my save game, so I wouldn't rename it.  My ego is big enough as it is anyways. :)

Besides trying to be nice, my main reason for delaying taking it over is that I only have so many hours in a day. I want this mod to continue to exist, and I'll take it over if I have to, but that's a bigger commitment than just sending patches to someone else. :)

Yeah, I kind of figured that putting your name on it sort of obligates you, which I can understand not wanting to deal with. I was sort of worried it might be an issue when I asked Diazo to build off of your version for the Mod Action compatibility support, since it's unofficial, but it worked out fine. I could see that getting messy though, but as you said 1.1 brings a lot of changes with it.

Thanks again.

I want to thank GoodSpeed as the original author, and all of you people who continue to support the mod through all the new versions. For it's single most useful, helpful and simple to use add-on, flying larger vessels would be much more sad without it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.