GPOSpeedFuelPump [KSP V1.0.2]

I need to have this toggleable from action groups. Badly. Using Hybrid Rocket Boosters kinda demands it, or else the craft ends up pumping Oxidzer too soon or too early (rest of the craft sans HRBs really needs the pumping).

Please.

Diazo is working on a mod to allow action groups to control mods - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124704-WIP-%28New-Version-Jun-28-15%29-ModActions-Control-mods-via-action-groups

and has plans to add GPOSpeedFuelPump.

I need to have this toggleable from action groups. Badly. Using Hybrid Rocket Boosters kinda demands it, or else the craft ends up pumping Oxidzer too soon or too early (rest of the craft sans HRBs really needs the pumping).

Please.

Until this is available, you may be able to get some of this functionality now with a new mod, Part Commander. It lets you control right-click menus without a right-click menu, and more importantly to control symmetrical things at the same time. So you can have the window up and enable/disable the pumping of all symmetrical tanks at the same time.

I have encountered a small problem with using this mod on this particular rocket and some others. I use mechjeb and they dont play nice for some reason

x0sMXv3.png

I have the two outboard liquid engines balancing with these settings

kyED4Mp.png

This allows the fuel to be used by all three engines without draing the central core as its pump is not set or set to balance

4f0ikRG.png

What happens is the rocket works fine until the outboards are drained then mechjeb wont stage them or does eventually stage them 45 seconds later if i remove your mod and have more fuel in the central core it stages as planned

Is there something I have missed with setup of the pumps and tanks or I am one of the lucky ones with unkown feature I have no issues with the SRB's they just do there stuff

Thanks

VG

What happens is the rocket works fine until the outboards are drained then mechjeb wont stage them or does eventually stage them 45 seconds later if i remove your mod and have more fuel in the central core it stages as planned

MechJeb may only be watching for fuel being consumed from the tank, and doesn't watch fuel being transferred, so won't catch the fact that the tank is now empty.

You could just add a fuel line from each booster to the central tank and achieve the same effect; this plugin is overkill for that rocket.

• 1 month later...
Hi, just reporting a bug here. Porkjet's Stock Fuel Switch appears to overwrite this mod on fuel tanks, so after installing I am unable to use it on any of the stock fuel tanks (monoprop tanks are unaffected).

Maybe see the post right underneath yours for a solution?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
When/If this gets updated, might I ask for a feature? I would like this to respect tanks that have had their resources locked via the vanilla in flight tank resource menu. As it stands now it will happily drain or fill a tank even if you have it locked. Both in balance mode and transfer mode.

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2015 at 7:40 AM, Arcwolf said:

When/If this gets updated, might I ask for a feature? I would like this to respect tanks that have had their resources locked via the vanilla in flight tank resource menu. As it stands now it will happily drain or fill a tank even if you have it locked. Both in balance mode and transfer mode.

You're in luck. :)

I finally updated my "real" copy of KSP to 1.0.5 today (the one I actually use to play the game, not develop for it), and this mod was mostly working but throwing a lot of exceptions, so I recompiled and made a few other changes:

• Respect resource lock
  • Don't operate on NO_FLOW resources.
  • Break up config file, add support for CRP resources, fuel switch, procedural tanks
  • Updated to 16 pump levels (my game already had this, but source code had 8?)

Download: https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/releases/latest

Source and configs: https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump

@Geordiepigeonowner I'd be delighted if you look over my changes and incorporate back into the mod.

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2016 at 9:55 PM, hab136 said:

You're in luck. :)

I finally updated my "real" copy of KSP to 1.0.5 today (the one I actually use to play the game, not develop for it), and this mod was mostly working but throwing a lot of exceptions, so I recompiled and made a few other changes:

• Respect resource lock
  • Don't operate on NO_FLOW resources.
  • Break up config file, add support for CRP resources, fuel switch, procedural tanks
  • Updated to 16 pump levels (my game already had this, but source code had 8?)

Download: https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/releases/latest

Source and configs: https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump

@Geordiepigeonowner I'd be delighted if you look over my changes and incorporate back into the mod.

I've updated my patched copy:

• Fix Interstellar Fuel Switch support (forgot a "@"!), added :FINAL to some stuff.
  • Add exception handling for GetResources() since I somehow got an error on one of my UKS bases.

Same download/source links as above.

7 hours ago, hab136 said:

I've updated my patched copy:

• Fix Interstellar Fuel Switch support (forgot a "@"!), added :FINAL to some stuff.
  • Add exception handling for GetResources() since I somehow got an error on one of my UKS bases.

Same download/source links as above.

Good work. Thank you.

If you do one more update (or heck, I'll just say it now)...

habSpeedFuelPumps?

On 3/5/2016 at 5:22 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Good work. Thank you.

If you do one more update (or heck, I'll just say it now)...

habSpeedFuelPumps?

Heh.  We'll see if geordiepigeonowner comes back for 1.1; if not, I'll start my own thread.

@hab136I know this isn't technically your mod, but after you did us all a solid and recompiled it, I thought you might find this of interest, but the "everything.cfg" seems to have a number of errors (best I can tell). Granted, it's disabled by default, but it reads:

@PART [*]:@RESOURCE [*],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

Firstly, it has some extraneous spaces (I'm not sure how MM handles this, but I removed them).

Secondly, and more importantly, it's missing a HAS before @RESOURCE.

I think it should probably read:

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[*],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

I could be miss reading it (as I'm fairly new to MM myself), I just know it didn't work as it was, and it works now with the changes.

Thanks again for taking the time to update the update; just trying to contribute.

Cheers.

15 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@hab136I know this isn't technically your mod, but after you did us all a solid and recompiled it, I thought you might find this of interest, but the "everything.cfg" seems to have a number of errors (best I can tell). Granted, it's disabled by default, but it reads:

@PART [*]:@RESOURCE [*],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

Firstly, it has some extraneous spaces (I'm not sure how MM handles this, but I removed them).

Secondly, and more importantly, it's missing a HAS before @RESOURCE.

I think it should probably read:

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[*],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

I could be miss reading it (as I'm fairly new to MM myself), I just know it didn't work as it was, and it works now with the changes.

Thanks again for taking the time to update the update; just trying to contribute.

Cheers.

Yeah, copy and paste errors :)  I've fixed it in the repository, will add it to next release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.